Did We Lose By Any Chance

Does that mean that I'm not allowed to comment on Latics either? Or Leeslover? Or singe? Or BigFin? Or...

Comment away.

What I took exception to is someone who didn't attend coming on here and telling people (many of whom did attend) to stop moaning and doom and glooming and to keep the faith when they are clearly keeping the faith more than that person.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I'm aware the lad who started the thread is only a youngster who manages to save up for a season ticket, but for whom a cup game was a step too far.

I think people should be entitled to moan and D&G to their heart's content. I'm a self-confessed D&Ger myself. But L_F also has the right to post the counter opinion. None of this entitlement should be revoked by non-attendance.

OAFC0000 last week you couldnt attend the Hudders game because of your duty to a higher power, yet this week here you are on a Sunday talking crap. You just have one excuse after another lined up.

Not gone church today, having to apply a second coat in the bedroom... My comment about a higher power was more in relation to if they went to a Sunday on a regular basis...

What is it that actually makes you a latics fan?

Do you have to go to the games to still be a fan ?

Edited by oafc0000

As far as I'm aware the lad who started the thread is only a youngster who manages to save up for a season ticket, but for whom a cup game was a step too far.

I think people should be entitled to moan and D&G to their heart's content. I'm a self-confessed D&Ger myself. But L_F also has the right to post the counter opinion. None of this entitlement should be revoked by non-attendance.

Whether he's 18 or 80, skint or a millionaire, he came on here and started a thread telling people who had bothered to attend not to moan or doom and gloom and to keep the faith when he hadn't even been to the game.

The people he was telling to keep the faith were keeping the faith.

Not gone church today, having to apply a second coat in the bedroom...

I just think you're a bull:censored:ter. Last week couldn't be arsed going to Latics so say you're a church goer yet this week your on here and been found out that you aren't the regular church goer you crack on. Being remembrance Sunday I would've thought you'd have made a special effort.

You just always want to make yourself look like a model citizen.

As for having to attend to be a fan, no you don't have to go but I just find it strange how someone who hasn't seen a game this season can question other peoples opinions who have been

You have to have some sympathy for Penney, he brings his main man with him from Darlington (Purdie), probably with the intension to gel the team around and he’s out for most of the season. Latics do have dead wood which they need to get rid of (Parker, Colbeck and Whittaker IMO), but give DP time and he will design a good solid team.

He's only been here two months and cost £60,000 and is already deemed as dead wood......Christ in any other proffesion you'd be out of work throwing money away like that!!!

Whether he's 18 or 80, skint or a millionaire, he came on here and started a thread telling people who had bothered to attend not to moan or doom and gloom and to keep the faith when he hadn't even been to the game.

I may not have been to the game but was till able to access it via the internet. I see why people moan about it because we lost but there were positives to take out from the game Eg. the two new loanees had a good first game. Alright, it may have been a :censored: performance on the whole but hey at least it wasnt another league match. What i said was its a good 68 grand going into the club.

I was mainly telling OAFC0000 to 'keep the faith' but i thought i'd sign off with that in my original post.

Thank-You :grin:

I just think you're a bull:censored:ter. Last week couldn't be arsed going to Latics so say you're a church goer yet this week your on here and been found out that you aren't the regular church goer you crack on. Being remembrance Sunday I would've thought you'd have made a special effort.

You just always want to make yourself look like a model citizen.

As for having to attend to be a fan, no you don't have to go but I just find it strange how someone who hasn't seen a game this season can question other peoples opinions who have been

It makes little odds to me if you think I am a bull:censored:ter or not. I do go to church regularly... I don't go to church every single week and never have confessed that. If games where moved to a Sunday then I am telling you now the likely hood of me returning to BP would be VERY small.

By the way, why is remembrance day special from a religious point of view ? It has little to do with religion...

I am not a model citzen I have plenty of flaws...

So what?

I didn't realise the sole criteria for 'keeping the faith' entailed paying money on the turnstile.

Big DP......... it's trial and error he's not the Messiah. How can a manager without a pot to piss in expect to get a winning team together straight away???

And there we have it. We'll be saying exactly the same thing in five years time.

I thought TTA stated we were going to be happy with Mid Table this season

And then moan that gates are still falling.

'Hey lads-let's get along to Boundary Park. I hear the club's planning on a mid-table finish for a change. We can sit in the Lookers' stand.'

For someone who can't be bothered ever going to any games, you have plenty to say on everything Latics, if you attended occasionally you might be able to make more informed and better qualified comments.

There are more Latics fans sitting at home making comments about the club on matchdays than there are inside BP.

This should tell the relevant people something.

I am not a model citzen I have plenty of flaws...

I am and I don't.

And there we have it. We'll be saying exactly the same thing in five years time.

I remember when Sheridan first took over he commented that he had 3 years to sort a promotion winning team out or he'd failed. Maybe we should give Dave Penney the same timescale?

I remember when Sheridan first took over he commented that he had 3 years to sort a promotion winning team out or he'd failed. Maybe we should give Dave Penney the same timescale?

Have I said he shouldn't be given time?

What I am getting at is the rut we're in-the same things are said every time a new manager comes in, with basically the same outcome. Meanwhile the crowd votes with its feet.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

I'm just encouraged that we have 14 year olds as keen - I've no idea what I'd think of Latics had I been born in 1995. Anyway, maybe given that younger people are reading this board some of us should reign in our comments from time to time. Mod team take note.... ^_^

Also, despite my recent exposure of him, I note oafc0000 has caught some whoppers on this thread. :popcorn1:

Have I said he shouldn't be given time?

What I am getting at is the rut we're in-the same things are said every time a new manager comes in, with basically the same outcome. Meanwhile the crowd votes with its feet.

I wonder where we would be now if Ronnie Moore would of been given longer? I think out of all the recent managers Sheridan is the other one who failed due to his management.