Season Over - 7/11/09

Well for the first time in a lifetime we can catagorically say that the season is over this year.

1st Round League Cup - Out

1st Round JPT - Out

1st Round FA Cup - Out

League 1 - No chance of promotion or relegation

I can really see the crowds flocking to Boundary park for the remaining fixtures now - realistically 3/4000 crowds to the end of another wasted season with nothing at all to look forward to in the immediate future.

Sorry for being so downbeat - but I really don't see the point of going anymore

First time in 10 years of watching Oldham i feel the same, can't see us being consistant enough to make the play-offs, cant see us going down or really having a major scare, only thing left is hopefully we can keep in contact with the top 6 and keep a bit of interest alive but i doubt it, crowds come Feb could be very very low at BP.

Really need a 4 wins in 5 streak or something now, to relight belief before Christmas and get positive vibes around Oldham again.

Promotion still isn't impossible, just as going down isn't.

So nobody is interested in seeing a manager construct a side that gradually improves, making changes as needed and, hopefully, turning it in to a force for potential promotion over the next couple of seasons?

Wonder if those with so little patience have problems with premature ejaculation?

So nobody is interested in seeing a manager construct a side that gradually improves, making changes as needed and, hopefully, turning it in to a force for potential promotion over the next couple of seasons?

Wonder if those with so little patience have problems with premature ejaculation?

The diehards will always be interested and will continue to go week in week out but I'm afraid there is no chance of generating extra support until the performances and the entertainment improves.

We've had promises of promotion too many times with Brian Talbot, Ronnie Moore, John Sheridan and now Dave Penney. People have had enough and are not prepared to pay £20 to watch what is a very poor standard of football.

Times are hard and the ONLY way we are going to get bums on seats is with a promotion campaign and a few goals. Let's face it the last few years at BP have been dire and you really cannot expect fans to turn up in numbers!!

The diehards will always be interested and will continue to go week in week out but I'm afraid there is no chance of generating extra support until the performances and the entertainment improves.

We've had promises of promotion too many times with Brian Talbot, Ronnie Moore, John Sheridan and now Dave Penney. People have had enough and are not prepared to pay £20 to watch what is a very poor standard of football.

Times are hard and the ONLY way we are going to get bums on seats is with a promotion campaign and a few goals. Let's face it the last few years at BP have been dire and you really cannot expect fans to turn up in numbers!!

Therefore it's a good job we've got TTA to continue to meet the deficit so there's still a Club for the diehards.

The point of continuing to go is to put money in so that the Club we love will still be there to support next season, when we're filled with hope once again.

if your a season ticket holder you have already given your money to the club in advance,so it really is upto you or those on a personal level if they continue to attend or not...

but it is quite right....who wants to pay good hard earned cash to watch a team going through the motions knowing there will be changes afoot in january and at the end of the season,which by then may just be too late for some.

there is a hell of a lot of annoyance from season ticket holders and pay on the gate customers regarding current squad team play and things in general within the club..feelings of being taken for granted with nothing in return,and this new stadium is pissing off a lot of people with all the hype surrounding bp then told were moving to failsworth or thats it,nail in the coffin time.

technically with nothing to play for why should anybody who isnt a season ticket holder continue to go each week.

..if your a season ticket holder you have already given your money to the club in advance,so it really is upto you or those on a personal level if they continue to attend or not...

Good point.

...technically with nothing to play for why should anybody who isnt a season ticket holder continue to go each week.

As i said.....

The point of continuing to go is to put money in so that the Club we love will still be there to support next season, when we're filled with hope once again.

there is a hell of a lot of annoyance from season ticket holders and pay on the gate customers regarding current squad team play and things in general within the club..feelings of being taken for granted with nothing in return,and this new stadium is pissing off a lot of people with all the hype surrounding bp then told were moving to failsworth or thats it,nail in the coffin time.

Some people believe that TTA take the fans for granted? :blink:

Some people believe that TTA take the fans for granted? :blink:

your right some do

some think they came riding into town to take the club by the scruff of its neck and be forever our saviours and can therefor do no wrong in anybodys eyes

some think they came to town to buy the club,ground,land,surrounding land lock stock and barrel to make a killing when they eventually up sticks n leave

some people still believe in santa claus and the tooth fairy!!

your right some do

some think they came riding into town to take the club by the scruff of its neck and be forever our saviours and can therefor do no wrong in anybodys eyes

some think they came to town to buy the club,ground,land,surrounding land lock stock and barrel to make a killing when they eventually up sticks n leave

even if they did so what? its upto them and there business making decisions selling the ground and surrounding land isnt taking anything away from the club as they bought it off the council

before anyone says something daft i obviuosly ment that providing they give us a new ground to play in selling the ground wont be taking anything from the club

Edited by davebuckley06

even if they did so what? its upto them and there business making decisions selling the ground and surrounding land isnt taking anything away from the club as they bought it off the council

before anyone says something daft i obviuosly ment that providing they give us a new ground to play in selling the ground wont be taking anything from the club

i dont have a problem with them making a profit if thats what they decide to do,and looks like they have....whatever happens we will still be in a better position than when they took over.

but at the end of the day we are in a reults based buisness and people are now starting to vote with there feet and there cash.....and that is there perogative

and they shouldnt be given a hard time for doing it..just like the people who stick with it through thick and thin shouldnt be given a hard time for what they see as right..

its the inbetweeners that count,because they havent made there minds up if its worth it or not....

but we still get the emotional blackmail every season regarding season tickets,budget and now stadium..is it right or wrong.

I presume these are the 2 bit that are supposed to sit together?

People who believe that TTA will make a killing on the land are fantasists. Have a google on land deals - you could try " roy pugh and co" for some reasonable size land parcels in the north west. That should give an indication of the value.

Or you could just look at how many houses you can fit on 15 (or a bit more - 18?) acres. Than think about how much you could sell the land for, given that the price of any house you could sell has to include build costs and a profit for the builder, and some vat and some payments for local amenities and facilities.

i dont have a problem with them making a profit if thats what they decide to do,and looks like they have....whatever happens we will still be in a better position than when they took over.

but at the end of the day we are in a reults based buisness and people are now starting to vote with there feet and there cash.....and that is there perogative

and they shouldnt be given a hard time for doing it..just like the people who stick with it through thick and thin shouldnt be given a hard time for what they see as right..

its the inbetweeners that count,because they havent made there minds up if its worth it or not....

but we still get the emotional blackmail every season regarding season tickets,budget and now stadium..is it right or wrong.

i would say its right. they are a business that needs sales. i wouldnt call it emotional blackmail though i would say its them putting there cards on the table

"Land to the rear of 232 Nel Pan Lane, Leigh, WN7 5LA

freehold land approximately 1.33 hectares (0.54 acres) with residential planning consent for 8 dwellings

Bottom Guide £120,000 Top Guide £140,000"

So, roughly 8 dwellings on half an acre, that'd give 300 on 18 acres (well, less than 300 but let's dream the dream).

TTA have spent £6m buying the land from the council + £0.5m a year (this should be in the OAFC accounts - has anyone downloaded tham from companies house?) for 6 years- so that's £3m on top.

Total spent £9m.

Let's say the new ground (they have to buy the land and build a stadium and do all the planning bits and pieces) costs £9m (I think that's cheap, but I might be wrong). That's £18m.

So, then they want to "make a killing" - well, 6 years time, £6m up front (you'd want 5% per year back on that minimum - that's £1.8m to day (£6m x 5% x 6 years), then there's the £0.5m a year, let's average that at £1.5m over the 6 years for interest; £0.45m.

Ok, where are we at - £18m + £1.8m + £0.45m = £20.25m

Oh, hang on, all we've done is got 5% back on investment, that's not a "killing" - we'd need, well, what? 25% on top? More?

Ah, call it 25% on the £6m + £3m, another £2.25m.

Total = £22.5m

All they need to do from there is get £22.5m / 300 houses...

Oh, hang on £75,000 per plot before build costs and builders profit and before any planning spend requirements.

Anyone want to buy a semi for £225k at the moment? What's that...only £17,500 per plot in leigh?

Edited by real

I live in Minnesota, USA. Earlier this week we were told that our local team the Minnesota Thunder (2nd division) has not renewed its charter with the league, lost its coach, it's club president and the club is in serious debt. Today we were told that all the players have been released. For all intents and purposes we've lost men's professional soccer in our state.

So to those who wonder why they should continue to go, consider the possible alternatives.

"Land to the rear of 232 Nel Pan Lane, Leigh, WN7 5LA

freehold land approximately 1.33 hectares (0.54 acres) with residential planning consent for 8 dwellings

Bottom Guide £120,000 Top Guide £140,000"

So, roughly 8 dwellings on half an acre, that'd give 300 on 18 acres (well, less than 300 but let's dream the dream).

TTA have spent £6m buying the land from the council + £0.5m a year (this should be in the OAFC accounts - has anyone downloaded tham from companies house?) for 6 years- so that's £3m on top.

Total spent £9m.

Let's say the new ground (they have to buy the land and build a stadium and do all the planning bits and pieces) costs £9m (I think that's cheap, but I might be wrong). That's £18m.

So, then they want to "make a killing" - well, 6 years time, £6m up front (you'd want 5% per year back on that minimum - that's £1.8m to day (£6m x 5% x 6 years), then there's the £0.5m a year, let's average that at £1.5m over the 6 years for interest; £0.45m.

Ok, where are we at - £18m + £1.8m + £0.45m = £20.25m

Oh, hang on, all we've done is got 5% back on investment, that's not a "killing" - we'd need, well, what? 25% on top? More?

Ah, call it 25% on the £6m + £3m, another £2.25m.

Total = £22.5m

All they need to do from there is get £22.5m / 300 houses...

Oh, hang on £75,000 per plot before build costs and builders profit and before any planning spend requirements.

Anyone want to buy a semi for £225k at the moment? What's that...only £17,500 per plot in leigh?

im guessing your bored arent you..or on some high horse

did i say they were my views..nope i said some people

for what its worth i doubt very much that they will make a killing,at best i would say they would be very lucky to break even if and when they do decide to go...

i bet there absolutely sick as parrots though they didnt cash in 3 years ago when prices were at an optimum....

Was that supposed to be so confusing? I completely agree with you and cant see tta making a killing at all

Threw it all together in about 10 mins. Typed it like I'd say it so it's a bit lacking in clarity.

Ed - soz if I've mis-read you.

Threw it all together in about 10 mins. Typed it like I'd say it so it's a bit lacking in clarity.

Ed - soz if I've mis-read you.

dont worry yourself over it

like i said not my view on it..

but i do know a lot of people who dont go anymore who did used to be season ticket holders and home and awayers as well,and there views are varying to say the least,but the generalisation is that they have had enough,and just dont see where or when it will get back to how it used to be,putting in the effort,going on silly runs in the league and cups,and generally enjoying themself at games.

only thing i dont understand,if its so bloody expensive and not cost effective to build substantial houses these days,then why are we not persuing other avenus for the bp site,like cinema bowling ice rink eateries and the like that would provide decent income all year round,rather than a one off hit when a house sells etc etc...

or have oldham council point blankly refused that kind of development.

i understand the issues surrounding clayton fields,which are far from great these days,but dont understand others