New stadium

I mean the likes of you and the rest of the "lets seattle for second best because we are ickle Oldham" fan club...

I spent the whole of last couple of years screaming about just how bad things was...did anybody listen ? No... Did I keep warning myself and others will not keep putting up with it... Yes...

So you might be able to have the nice status of a "die hard"...and no doubt that gives you a warm feeling...but while you hold the attitude and stance you do, just like the club, watch as the club slowly sinks and the number of "die hards" around you disappear...

You really think its going to be long before CJ looks around and thinks, sod it ? I know lots of people on here who where coming last year, had the same complaints, and are no longer coming... How many more next year ? and the year after....

Yet you will continue to be safe in the knoweldge that you are a die hard...and the rest suck donkey arse :wink: While no one listens and the club sinks and sinks and sinks...

Shrewsbury-New-Meadow_1221894.jpg

Replace the yellow STFC seats with white seats that spell OAFC and that (pitches included probably) and I would put a large amount of money that this will be a very close representation of what we will have to settle for.

Depressing isnt it (give me a carbon copy of the keepmoat but in blue and white anyday over this)

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replace the yellow STFC seats with white seats that spell OAFC and that (pitches included probably) and I would put a large amount of money that this will be a very close representation of what we will have to settle for.

Depressing isnt it (give me a carbon copy of the keepmoat but in blue and white anyday over this)

Who are STFC?

Edited by oafc0000

think it would look a lot better with the corners filled in and not open as they are,i do believe our stands willbe higher.

not necessarilly depressing,its a football ground with a pitch that 2 teams play on and seats for people to sit and watch,you only have to be there for 2 hours once a fortnight,not move in and stay there all the time do you.

that looks mint compaired to what we got

Cheers for hindsight into your real 'football' knowledge.

Piss off...

as for the picture of the ground and facilities in the area, that looks a pretty good similarity - Thanks TTA it looks better than BP and surrounding area does currently :wink:

Thanks for proving myself and CJ right on a lot of things...

Cheers for hindsight into your real 'football' knowledge.

as for the picture of the ground and facilities in the area, that looks a pretty good similarity - Thanks TTA it looks better than BP and surrounding area does currently :wink:

Only because of a complete lack in investment in the stadium. When we first built the Rocky, BP was thought of as a "nice little ground". Since then, the owners including JWL, CM and the TTA have let us down big time by not investing in the stadium and letting it turn into an eyesore.

What the hell are you on about ? Alternative to what? The stadium ?

I was not just talking about the stadium...its the general attitude...

Jeez, you're wound up.

You said "I spent the whole of last couple of years screaming about just how bad things was"

So, what the hell were you on about, and what did you think could be done? What were the alternatives, options etc?

Or were you just screaming anyway? "Rant, rant rant, we're doomed"?

As for that STFC ground, some prefer the keepmoat, I don't - another bowl, another day, but it's not really a major thing for me how it looks, I'll be sat down inside watching the game on the pitch.

Oh, and it'd probably be harder to expand a bowl stadium.

Jeez, you're wound up.

You said "I spent the whole of last couple of years screaming about just how bad things was"

So, what the hell were you on about, and what did you think could be done? What were the alternatives, options etc?

As for that STFC ground, some prefer the keepmoat, I don't - another bowl, another day, but it's not really a major thing for me how it looks, I'll be sat down inside watching the game on the pitch.

This is what happens with corporal... People get him to repeat himself and the attack him for it...

Im off...

I hope the blind faith pays off...

Jeez, you're wound up.

Are you sure it's a bowl and not a dish? Of course with our measly 12000 capacity could it be called a bowl?

Sorry forgot :grin:

Edited by F.O.B.

Piss off...

Now now..

Thanks for proving myself and CJ right on a lot of things...

No thanks necessary or required.

Some very valid points and evidence, have been raised by CJ and counter-raised by others, in particular HarryDowd, on a very complex and emotional (to many) issue and we can now only hope the way that BP is currently looking, that despite all of the worries and concerns of the TTAs motives and efforts in re-locating us, that a new ground is built and OAFC continue as a pro football club!

Edited by futchers briefs

it has to be able to be expanded in dsign otherwise it is a waste of time

i have no idea how high the stadium has to be to be within limits of planning commitee etc,however one way round the height thing would be to excavate the ground deeper than traditional footings and the like so you stay within limit.

It's all irrelevant. Expansion will not be needed. Ever.

If the club was intending to regularly stage matches where a bigger capacity than the one being propsed were needed, then it wouldn't be planning a ground with a smaller capacity than we still sometimes managed to pull before the Lookers came down.

End of story.

I mean the likes of you and the rest of the "lets seattle for second best because we are ickle Oldham" fan club...

When have I said that?

I spent the whole of last couple of years screaming about just how bad things was...did anybody listen ? No... Did I keep warning myself and others will not keep putting up with it... Yes...

So you might be able to have the nice status of a "die hard"...and no doubt that gives you a warm feeling...but while you hold the attitude and stance you do, just like the club, watch as the club slowly sinks and the number of "die hards" around you disappear...

How can anyone have a warm feeling about being classed as a mug by those who've turned their back on the Club. The diehards can't rectify the slide.

You really think its going to be long before CJ looks around and thinks, sod it ? I know lots of people on here who where coming last year, had the same complaints, and are no longer coming... How many more next year ? and the year after....

OK, let's all stop going to BP. Would you be happy then?

Yet you will continue to be safe in the knoweldge that you are a die hard...and the rest suck donkey arse :wink: While no one listens and the club sinks and sinks and sinks...

As long as the Club is sinking it gives you further opportunities to snipe.

The people who have the power to halt the sinking are the very people who have withdrawn their money from the Club.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Compare it to Oldham Arena... What's your thoughts now ?

dont mind it at all

the oldham arena is history time to move forward with the next design..

personally i hated what the oldham arena looked like,crap 4 sided ground with no imagination or foresight into it at all,looked very amatuerish compared with other grounds..

at the end of the day we have not yet seen the new design or designs offered or being considered have we,so its all pure speculation..

like has been said by others...i couldnt care less what it looks like,as long as you can see an un-obscured view from a stand,and dont get wet when it rains,and dont get the sun in our eyes when it erm...is sunny,that will do me.2 hours on a saturday or the occasional midweek game...we dont have to live there do we.

as others have said we are now seeing the decline of bp because subsequent owners since the rre was built have ignored the ground,the chaddy end should have been rebuilt similar to the rre years ago and instead of some portakabins on stilts the corners could have been filled in and made to look more appealing with a solid feel to them.

No thanks necessary or required.

Some very valid points and evidence, have been raised by CJ and counter-raised by others, in particular HarryDowd, on a very complex and emotional (to many) issue and we can now only hope the way that BP is currently looking, that despite all of the worries and concerns of the TTAs motives and efforts in re-locating us, that a new ground is built and OAFC continue as a pro football club!

Agreed...

So, you are suggesting an alternative...

What is it, and how is it going to happen?

Screaming that things are bad is fine, if you've got an alternative. If you haven't, what does it achieve?

And, having said all that, I see no reason why a club that gets 12,000 fans for some games, and 10,000 on average cannot progress into the championship.

I see nothing in the plans that prevent that.

Sure lots of clubs have built bigger stadiums, some of them are above us, some are below us too. Some clubs that have overspent have gone from financial crisis to financial crisis.

I'd rather have the financial problems of a Championship or PL club than those of a third or fourth division outfit though.

I'd rather have the financial problems of a Championship or PL club than those of a third or fourth division outfit though.

We have already had those, that's why we are where we are in the position we are.

A quote, I'd like an answer to who made it.

"Didn't I warn them this would happen.

Pray I said, be on your guard I said.

For the evil world never lies.

I said exorcise the Devil!

But no they wouldn't listen.

The Demons inside them grew and grew.

Until Satan gave his signal, and destroyed the world club we knew."

Edited by F.O.B.