Possible windfall? AGAIN

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea are weighing up a shock January move for Micah Richards.

Let's hope they follow it up this time!

lets hope its true. i am personally sick of waiting for this guy to be sold.

i think the 3 amigos too are banking on a windfall from this long standing investment.

Temporarily, pending appeal.

So they strengthen the squad in January, lose their appeal, and have a ban that doesn't matter as they've already signed everybody they want.

Superb!

That might bump up the price though- it being a case of now or wait a while for them. Could be good news for us.

That might bump up the price though- it being a case of now or wait a while for them. Could be good news for us.

Exactly what I was thinking. Everyone knows Chelsea will have to pay extra as they might not be able to sign anyone for the rest of the season, so price goes up for anyone they are interested in.

Fingers crossed.

When it was first muted that Chelsea was to get a two year transfer ban I always thought an appeal was on the cards to move it along a little. They have a very high end aged squad and I felt any kind of transfer ban now would hurt them. So here's hoping Chelsea do a massive shopping list this forth coming transfer window if they feel they'll lose their appeal. Although the precedent as already been set in such cases where on appeal the ban is shortened to one year.

Exactly what I was thinking. Everyone knows Chelsea will have to pay extra as they might not be able to sign anyone for the rest of the season, so price goes up for anyone they are interested in.

Fingers crossed.

Not to mention the probability that Chelsea are one of few clubs that City will be bothered about extracting a respectable fee from.

Aside from being in The People that's about as promising as it gets.

Former Latics player Les Chapman, who has been Citeh's kit man for many years, took part in 'A Question of Latics' last night and in response to the question in this thread, he said he thought it was probable that Richards would leave and Latics would get the 20%. :chubb:

Les was funny last night. In the picture board round, the teams could not identify a sportswoman, but Les joked that Sven had had her. When it was revealed that the sportswoman was Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson, Les retracted his joke and didn't know where to put himself with embarrassment. :grin: