What does Boothroyd mean?

Boothroyd's view in the Chron of tomorrow's game :

The U’s manager is expecting Penney to provide a tough test for his promotion-chasing outfit.

“He’s one of these English managers who I think has been a little bit overlooked when the bigger jobs have come up,” said Boothroyd, who is without former Latics man Scott Vernon through injury.

“I know him very well — he’s a very astute and bright guy.

“The budget isn’t very high at Oldham but he’s managed to mix and match and they will be very tough opposition for us, particularly on that big o.”

Understood it until the last few words. The "big o" ?

The U’s manager is expecting Penney to provide a tough test for his promotion-chasing outfit.

“He’s one of these English managers who I think has been a little bit overlooked when the bigger jobs have come up,” said Boothroyd, who is without former Latics man Scott Vernon through injury.

“The budget isn’t very high at Oldham but he’s managed to mix and match and they will be very tough opposition for us, particularly on that big o.”

No, he wasn't talking about Roy Orbison. All is revealed in the Colchester Daily Gazette. It was "that big old pitch at Boundary Park."

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/headli...weight_in_gold/

No, he wasn't talking about Roy Orbison. All is revealed in the Colchester Daily Gazette. It was "that big old pitch at Boundary Park."

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/headli...weight_in_gold/

Err im drunk but that doesnt make sense smart arse. The big o is the middle of the park, ive heard many a manager use that phrase

Its short for Olga, she's a dirty bird from Hathershaw :lol: