Isn't Kiegan Parker playing in the wrong position?

not sure what his positives were yesterday.

well he drew three fouls from tierny and caused him to boot the ball away in frustration twice leading to tiernys dismissal so theres one positive. secondly he made several runs with and without the ball that obviously had there full back worried leading to the first positive. he has pace thats another positive. hes a young player who will improve given the chance

anyway, back to the Parker topic, I thought he played really well today when he came on, a good variation of crosses, most of em dangerous. Would start him there next game tbh. Not saying that Smalley played particularly bad, but thought Parker looked more dangerous - is that because he came on against tired legs?...difficult to say.

You might want to watch those glass houses Mr 'walks out on his team because they are losing'.

At least I'm there, so jog on, over 700 first-team competitive games at age 32, left early in probably 10 or 15 of those. If I want to leave early I will do. If I want to give an opinion of a player I have seen over three seasons from games I've BEEN AT I will....

Over-opinionated tosser, who even tried to have a dig when I was ill

"Don't agree with what you post, but...." I mean FFS how cheap was that? :ranting:

Have you ever even posted anything on here contructive or do you simply react to others, giving it the big 'holier than thou' ? Yeah thought so....

well he drew three fouls from tierny and caused him to boot the ball away in frustration twice leading to tiernys dismissal so theres one positive. secondly he made several runs with and without the ball that obviously had there full back worried leading to the first positive. he has pace thats another positive. hes a young player who will improve given the chance

It amazes me that this needs explaining...says everything about what people refuse to see about a player they want to dislike/not give a chance to. 21yr old...FFS...send him to the knackers yard...these are the same people crying "give Brooke a go"...like they did with Lewis, another they say aint good enough. I think in that case we should close down the circus better known as our youth development set-up.

At least I'm there, so jog on, over 700 first-team competitive games at age 32, left early in probably 10 or 15 of those. If I want to leave early I will do. If I want to give an opinion of a player I have seen over three seasons from games I've BEEN AT I will....

Over-opinionated tosser, who even tried to have a dig when I was ill

"Don't agree with what you post, but...." I mean FFS how cheap was that? :ranting:

Have you ever even posted anything on here contructive or do you simply react to others, giving it the big 'holier than thou' ? Yeah thought so....

Jesus, you're spoiling for one today aren't you?

We can all call cheap shots, especially when you read into them what isn't meant. Like arguing on attendance with someone that lives over 100 miles away from the ground, for instance.

I love the 'holier than thou' comment whilst pointing out your perfect home attendance.

Anyway, I think it's time to draw a line under this, as it has become, frankly, pathetic.

It amazes me that this needs explaining...says everything about what people refuse to see about a player they want to dislike/not give a chance to. 21yr old...FFS...send him to the knackers yard...these are the same people crying "give Brooke a go"...like they did with Lewis, another they say aint good enough. I think in that case we should close down the circus better known as our youth development set-up.

While appreciating that Smalley still has time on his side he is at an age now where he needs to start to fulfill his potential and really cement a regular first team slot this is his 3rd season now not his first and we don't want him to go down the Boshell Wolfenden route of being just a reserve team player in his early to mid twenties. I'd like to see him really kick on this season .

While appreciating that Smalley still has time on his side he is at an age now where he needs to start to fulfill his potential and really cement a regular first team slot this is his 3rd season now not his first and we don't want him to go down the Boshell Wolfenden route of being just a reserve team player in his early to mid twenties. I'd like to see him really kick on this season .

I agree to an extent...but although it is a 3rd season, he's never had proper run in the side. Had a handful of starts in the last few seasons with 30+ sub appearances. Now he's getting his run but he isn't fit...it'll come in time. Just needs to be given it.

I agree to an extent...but although it is a 3rd season, he's never had proper run in the side. Had a handful of starts in the last few seasons with 30+ sub appearances. Now he's getting his run but he isn't fit...it'll come in time. Just needs to be given it.

I think he's got the talent Ross, and I know he's going to take a while to get into some sort of groove since missing most of pre-season BUT the guy is infuriating, as you say he was superb at Everton and probably Crewe the same season, but he was one of the biggest culprits for going missing at the back end of last season, he looks like he has the world on his shoulders and he should simply needs to up his effort and application. He may come good, Taylor was just as bad before he hit his purple patch in 06/07 but for a lad of his size and height he should be tougher and put the effort in. All too often he's lacking in the application department.

We'll agree to disagree, but like I've said before, if Colbeck had Smalley's talent to add to his work-rate or Smalley had Colbeck's work-rate we'd have one hell of a player.

I like nothing more than one of our own doing well and it was great to see Brookey bag the equaliser, that's why I make the effort to go and watch the reserves and youths when I can, it infuriates me when the effort isn't there. I can understand it from journeymen but not from our own.

Jesus, you're spoiling for one today aren't you?

We can all call cheap shots, especially when you read into them what isn't meant. Like arguing on attendance with someone that lives over 100 miles away from the ground, for instance.

I love the 'holier than thou' comment whilst pointing out your perfect home attendance.

Anyway, I think it's time to draw a line under this, as it has become, frankly, pathetic.

I wasn't the only one to pick up on your comment in early October, re-read the thread. Whether you was a having a cheap dig or not tbh I couldn't give a toss, i'm big enough and ugly enough to look after myself whether I'm ill or not.

And that's before I even mention your 'joke' about 'spacker hands' and Dyspraxia, some on here laughed it off but personally I found it insulting and pathetic - anyhow discussion over. I'm putting you on ignore as you contribute very little to this forum, I suggest you do the same with me.

This has all got a bit heated...

Anyway - Smalley isn't good enough, and not because of a lack of ability. He is not a single step further on than he was when he made his debut, because he just doesn't seem to actually do anything with the football. I cannot think of the last game I watched when I thought he looked dangerous. Too often he loses the ball himself through sloppy play, and I cannot think of a single cross that has been dangerous.

The lad has got potential (I think more as a striker), but I cannot see anything coming from him unfortunately. I'd love to be wrong, but too little far too often is the current thinking.

As for Parker - the bloke is an obnoxious toerag, so he is definitely in the wrong position. I'd rather he was up front for Yeovil or someone like that. And he looks like he's carrying slightly more weight than he did at Blackpool.

Oh, bollocks.

Alright, Smalley coming back from injury has hardly had the start we wanted, but he isn't anywhere near a player I'd get near to stringing up.

I'm remembering games where he was the only one that gave a :censored:. And he has continually improved over the years. To have a go when he has been injured and probably isn't better now is poor.

Well said that man.

Smalley has been at best; 50% fit if that. He's now i would say running at 75% - he is nowhere near full fitness but he's out there because we need him to be.

Personally i thought he had a cracking first half; won most of the headers he went for and was a threat with his direct running. I realise football is a game of opinions and one man's world beater is anothers duck-egg; but to label Smalley as crap is plain wrong IMO.

I'm not sure I've seen anyone say that he's not good enough - certainly none of the lads that go with, but for me it's all about attitude and application. Lewis has all the skill and ability needed. Whether he has the desire and discipline remains to be seen.

I'm not sure I've seen anyone say that he's not good enough - certainly none of the lads that go with, but for me it's all about attitude and application. Lewis has all the skill and ability needed. Whether he has the desire and discipline remains to be seen.

Exactly! We know he has talent, if he worked on the application and effort he'd be a belter - same opinon of Lewi. He put one decent cross in on Saturday and had an effort well saved, but he could have done so much more if he'd been willing to chase the odd ball he's knocked in front of him. A pacy player chasing the odd lost cause can reap dividends and if nothing else it panics defenders.

Yes, he's still young but he's been around the first team for going on for 3 seasons now - we need more more from him. Match fitness will come, as will sharpness. The desire should already be there...