3402 Home fans For a league fixture at BP.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You put up a challenge, qualified on 3 levels.

YOU name the clubs that have built a new ground that are not excluded by the 3 (+2) levels you put up. (and do a list of all the clubs you have excluded on the 3 (+2) grounds just for comparison sake). i.e give me the list of clubs to which YOU will not say "they don't count" (like you did with scunny, non prem, no money, no big crowd base)

Then I'll name the ones that have been successfull.

If you admit there are none left after the 3, you can buy your ST.

If there are no clubs left, you're accepting that TTA are taking a brave step, so you'd buy the ST on that basis too.

I cant name the clubs that was my point?? I really am not getting you on this and I am not taking the p*ss. lol

That was my point. I lost the faith last season. Instead of people encouraging me to return you get this. I would suggest its not going to help...

...and I completely agree with you on this. Although we didn;t agree on amount of say a non-attender vs attender should have I think we should do all we can to get you back in. Instead we have the morons and (surprisingly) some very respected posters having a go instead. It's totally unnecessary and moreover counterproductive.

I've said it before, I'll welcome United fans, never mind lapsed fans, into Boundary Park. If they are paying their money it's as good as mine.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Right Folks DEEP BREATH TIME!

We are ALL here because we love Oldham Athletic!

We all have different opinions!

Lets just get back on track and forget who’s an Idiot and what not.

I talk from the heart more than the head on here but I never hide behind a user name and have no grudges or dislike anyone on here.

I may not agree with you and you may not agree with me, this happens on here and in face to face situations and in the stands.

One thing is for sure it will go down hill when we start turning on each other!

Just because somebody chooses not to go to a game doesn’t make their opinion invalid. If you honestly think that then your going to be incredibly peed off and angry on this board 24/7 lol.

I can take people thinking I talk sh!t its called life.

I agree with the last line :grin:

I don't agree with the implied suggestion that everyone's opinion is valid - some people talk rubbish and couldn't think their way out of a paper bag - see below

I don't agree with you on the stadium move - have you seen Kill Bill? think of me of as O-ren and you as one of the Yakuza chiefs :wink:

That "it will go downhill" thing - sometimes you have to get rid of destructive/negative views that contribute little - see above

finally; that winky on the stadium line is intended; I think you just went with the heart and ended up excluding pretty much all the clubs that have built new stadia (bar the 2 I retorted).

You should still get a ST though; you should honour you own commitment, and you will be rewarded for doing so.

I cant name the clubs that was my point?? I really am not getting you on this and I am not taking the p*ss. lol

Ok, kyle, and this time (I admit i was trying before- a bit) I am not taking the piss either. But, and it's a biggie; whoich teams were you referring to - excluding prem, crowds, money ect - who was left? It's almost an argument to do nothing - if no-one else did it should we just do nothing too?

TTA are investing in a new stadium to cut running costs, that will lead to savings that could lead to investment in the team. it could be that a new ground will increase gates (I'll bet our gates go up on this/last season in a new ground). It will almost certainly be better than BP dragging crowds of 3.5-5k.

I agree with the last line :grin:

I don't agree with the implied suggestion that everyone's opinion is valid - some people talk rubbish and couldn't think their way out of a paper bag - see below

I don't agree with you on the stadium move - have you seen Kill Bill? think of me of as O-ren and you as one of the Yakuza chiefs :wink:

That "it will go downhill" thing - sometimes you have to get rid of destructive/negative views that contribute little - see above

finally; that winky on the stadium line is intended; I think you just went with the heart and ended up excluding pretty much all the clubs that have built new stadia (bar the 2 I retorted).

You should still get a ST though; you should honour you own commitment, and you will be rewarded for doing so.

TBH This is the first year in ages I havent had a ST.

I was fed up of moving from the the rocky last year so this year I have just been sitting wherever I feel like hence not getting a ST.

Its cost me more and this is the first home game ive missed so they have had my money.

I will get a season ticket when they are half price lol

P.S

KillBill?? Never seen it Mr Tarantino asked too much of me to watch that! B)

...and I completely agree with you on this. Although we didn;t agree on amount of say a non-attender vs attender should have I think we should do allwe can to get you back in. Instead we have the morons and (surprisingly) some very respected posters having a go instead. It's totally unnecessary and moreover counterproductive.

I've said it before, I'll welcome United fans, never mind lapsed fans, into Boundary Park. If they are paying their money it's as good as mine.

That word "all" is the death of a business.

If it takes more than the contribution achieves, we shouldn't bother, certainly at present imho.

You could get everyone shopping at waitrose if tey undercut all competitorsa and gave home delivery; that would be doing "all" they can. It'd ruin them though.

If that’s the case why do we support oldham? we are :censored: and soon will be in what everybody considers to be... manchester!

Its a mistake for us to move, the clubs that have moved to new grounds and been successful also had substantial investment in the team and it was a snowball effect.

The owners don’t have the money to move and invest in the team.

They want a quick sale.

If you can tell me one club that has moved to a new stadia and been successful without substantial financial backing in the team or had a substantial core support or already in the top flight, I will buy a season ticket!

When your sat in your new small stadium watching poor players sitting amongst strangers however few people may be there, then you will realise the importance of keeping your spiritual home and holding on to the things that are important.

I realise this club must get with the times but IMO this should be redevelopment of Boundary park.

First a new stadia then a new name what next? The owners are not here because they Love Oldham Athletic they are business men.

I support the team. Not the ground. It makes no difference to me playing 10 minutes down the road.

So what happens in your alternative reality where we stay at BP and cant afford to redevelop it?!

Where are we getting the money from to redevelop it?!

Where are these magical owners with tonnes of cash who love Oldham Athletic?!

These are genuine questions...There is a lot of anti Failsworth talk on here but please someone give me a REAL ALTERNATIVE. Not some alternative reality that some one has made up in there heads. I want to hear something with real substance.

You want us to stay at BP and redevelop. Please tell me how this is going to be achieved I would love to know. Where is the money coming from for a start?

I support the team. Not the ground. It makes no difference to me playing 10 minutes down the road.

So what happens in your alternative reality where we stay at BP and cant afford to redevelop it?!

Where are we getting the money from to redevelop it?!

Where are these magical owners with tonnes of cash who love Oldham Athletic?!

These are genuine questions...There is a lot of anti Failsworth talk on here but please someone give me a REAL ALTERNATIVE. Not some alternative reality that some one has made up in there heads. I want to hear something with real substance.

You want us to stay at BP and redevelop. Please tell me how this is going to be achieved I would love to know. Where is the money coming from for a start?

The plan would be to wait for the economy to recover to a level where the surrounding land is worth enough to develop BP. Considering it seems we only need a average of 6500 fans to break even then its not all that crazy to suggest we should sit and wait and TTA should stick around longer. I think the support as recently drop due to people being against a move to Manchester. I think an alternative announcement couple with the team doing better and the club fixing things in the ground like catering. I don't see why we cant be sustainable... Its one route anyway...

I think overall I am up for the move if the plans show enough external ventures to fund the club. I really would like it to be 16,000 seats but that is nowhere near as important as the first point.

Happy Birthday by the way :)

Edited by oafc0000

Ok, kyle, and this time (I admit i was trying before- a bit) I am not taking the piss either. But, and it's a biggie; whoich teams were you referring to - excluding prem, crowds, money ect - who was left? It's almost an argument to do nothing - if no-one else did it should we just do nothing too?

TTA are investing in a new stadium to cut running costs, that will lead to savings that could lead to investment in the team. it could be that a new ground will increase gates (I'll bet our gates go up on this/last season in a new ground). It will almost certainly be better than BP dragging crowds of 3.5-5k.

I know why they say they are doing it and in theory its right.

The clubs like Shrewsbury and Colchester moved for the same reasons, old grounds no room to redevelop or too attract additional income through off the field revenues conferencing etc.

Colchester haven’t massively invested in the squad either and are the club that would be the best case study to compare with us.

However Shrewsbury in particular their fans are still split whether they approve with the move or not and some of their fans feel differently about the club even though they made the play offs in the first season and have finances and invested in the team. Their support went up by 900 fans a game and that’s on a promotion charge!

As for attendances at Colchester’s ground they have gone down since the move to the stadium by an average of around 500 per game and their team isn’t that bad for this division.

My point is we are losing our Identity for a future that’s not certain and is far from a guaranteed improvement on and off the field.

That word "all" is the death of a business.

If it takes more than the contribution achieves, we shouldn't bother, certainly at present imho.

You could get everyone shopping at waitrose if they undercut all competitors and gave home delivery; that would be doing "all" they can. It'd ruin them though.

Yes, okay, 'all' within reason.

I'd suggest a £5 game for all former season ticket holders myself. See if you can get the bug back.I'm guessing this goes back to the marketing thread though.

But to let people like o0o0o0o0o just drift away is drastically wrong. They're the lifeblood of this team.

I wouldn't swap that feeling when the equaliser went in for the fecking world.

And that was in a terrible 3-sided ground (the mantra from the supporters of Project Brassbank)...so really, it's down to who you are...not what we sit in! So Failsworth or not, that feeling was their today...

Edited by boundaryblue80

I am also in the camp that literally can not wait to move away from Boundary Park. The general atmosphere and match day experience is just awful, and the sooner we move the better.

Fantastic...I mean...well...I'm presuming when we move every ticket comes free with magic wand and instant match atmosphere guarantee!!!

:censored: WAKE UP!!! We make the atmosphere...I single handedly (well, with my mate Jobey) started off 2 of the 3 loudish (within the Chaddy End) Come on Oldham chants today! (And I don't want any thanks for it either, just more joining in!!!) I heard the so-called amazing RRE roar and drum once (this being such an atmosphere that us in the Chaddy End are all wankers for not moving, supposedly!)

You lot really are idiots if you think moving to FAILSworth will make us the next San Siro!!! The only roar we'll hear will be from Eastlands!!!

Fantastic...I mean...well...I'm presuming when we move every ticket comes free with magic wand and instant match atmosphere guarantee!!!

:censored: WAKE UP!!! We make the atmosphere...I single handedly started off 2 of the 3 loudish (within the Chaddy End) Come on Oldham chants today! I heard the called amazing RRE roar and drum once (this being such an atmosphere that us in the Chaddy End are all wankers for not moving, supposedly!)

You lot really are idiots if you think moving to FAILSworth will make us the next San Siro!!! The only roar we'll hear will be from Eastlands!!!

exactly we make the atmosphere we need the chaddy end nutters back loud signing doesnt happen anymore this got everyone else going and also the team surely the down hearted support the doom and gloom support must rub of on the players

Plenty of people did not go today... I was sat on chat talking to them...

Keep your game up ladies and you might just alienate people enough so they dont ever come back... You can sit there then in your shinney new stadium in the conference...at least you can all smile and pat yourselfs on the backs as being the super fans you clearly are...

I don't think you or Kyle are putting across your valid points very well and not attending, in my view, makes yours less valid...even though I agree with them!

However, the point above rings so true it's scary...and is happening right before our eyes...Darlington currently, Oxford previously and Shrewsbury and Northampton most likely when their owners get bored too!

As for those trying to suggest we'll be a Stoke, it's laughable beyond breaking a couple of ribs!The same Stoke that's pumped in millions of Icelandic money and other rich sources for years, endlessly! Same as Hull and Wigan and others...if TTA wanted to leave us down the road healthy, they could at least give Penney a chance to build something worth those who need a reason to go, something to watch! But they don't...they want to appease and leave us with a hollow, empty promise (and stadium!) This is the future...conform or fight it? Either way, we will probably die unless we're bought...so I want a sale...I'd rather they sold us and we were bought lock and stock!!!...Fresh money, heart and ideas...Before we're hearing Eastlands roar from our silent stadium in Manchester...unless we do get given this magic wand on entrance!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80

I don't think you or Kyle are putting across your valid points very well and not attending, in my view, makes yours less valid...even though I agree with them!

You say are points are less valid by not attending but the things we are commenting on are the reasons why we are not attending etc. I dont get your point... Specially considering you say are points are in fact valid ones :lol:

Now if I was commenting on the performance of the team I think you would have a point...

I think you struggle to read and understand posts. I have not moaned that only 3500 had gone today. I said it has encouraged me to start going back.

That was until you and your mate started having a pop at everyone. Now it makes me think why bother...

why should people on here stop you going? If you wanted to go you would simple as that.

Completely agree mate, why the :censored: would anyone want to stay at BP?! Its :censored:!!

Its in a good place, close to the town, close to the motorway, close to pubs, it had caracter and a decent atomosphere for its size. The drab feeling around the place has been caused by demolition of the lookers and the split between the chaddy and rre. We've had bad teams before under richie, talbot,wadsworth but i still turned up to every game week after week. Like somebody has said there just does not feel a connection with the club anymore, no soul and moving away from bp especially out of oldham will be the final nail in the coffin. Might aswell change the name.