Ryan Brooke to start

Excellent move.

His all round game isn't great but I one day see some braincell on here uttering the immortal words "all he does is score goals".

Can't believe there hasn't been much said about him after Saturday - a homegrown striker sticking his head in where it hurts to score a vital equaliser and hardly a mention.

Excellent move.

His all round game isn't great but I one day see some braincell on here uttering the immortal words "all he does is score goals".

Can't believe there hasn't been much said about him after Saturday - a homegrown striker sticking his head in where it hurts to score a vital equaliser and hardly a mention.

That was wot my mate said after the goal

I've seen that too...puts his head where angels fear to tread. Has taken a few knocks that way but does not drop like a sack of spuds, shakes it off gets up and gets on with it.

C'mon Ryan, Walsall was a lucky groun for you last year, bring it home tonight...

So...can somebody who went to the game tell us how he performed?

After the Yeovil game I'd have offered to eat my hat if Brooke started a game this side of Christmas. :blush:

Not great looked busy for the first 15 mins when we were on top but once they scored i hardly saw him, saying that once we went down to ten men the ball hardly ever reached him. The play went something like this x 20 - Gregan/Hazel to Furman to Whitts to Colbeck. Back to Whits to Furman to Smalley back to Whits back to Gregan and then Hoof to nobody.

Sideways - Sidways - Sideways to Backwards to Hoof was the theme of the night

Brooke saw his header crash against the bar late on after the best cross of the game...from Gregan :shock:

He ran his heart out but still wimped out at times when there was a real challenge to be made.

He clearly knows where the goal is but needs to make things happen a bit more, in my opinion.

And from what seen use that 14+ stone he has to a lot more use, less of the wimping out Ryan and bulldoze em :wink:

I'm puzzled as to why Blackman was taken off before Brooke. Is Brooke now ahead of both Blackman and Parker in DP's pecking order? :blink:

All I can think is that maybe Blackman had a touch of the bug that is going through the squad. If Brooke is our number one striker (while Abbott is injured) then we are in bigger trouble than I thought.

All I can think is that maybe Blackman had a touch of the bug that is going through the squad. If Brooke is our number one striker (while Abbott is injured) then we are in bigger trouble than I thought.

wonderful....the flu bug going through the squad....mind they would have been nice and warm all together on the team bus :o

thought it was Colbeck whose header hit the bar... :unsure:

and if Brooke is 14 stone then I'm a monkey's uncle... :unsure::huh:

Yep, i'm 13 stone and 6'1 which is about the height of Brooke I think and he's probably a little lighter than me. He needs to bulk up a bit in my opinion or at least work on his core strength (these normally go hand in hand though). I've never got the impression he is scared of throwing himself in where it hurts, I just don't think he has the strength to worry most of the centre backs in this division. If you saw his performance against yeovil (I think it was Yeovil), he was full of running but the centre backs easily dealt with him by just using their body strength and frustrating him.

Not great looked busy for the first 15 mins when we were on top but once they scored i hardly saw him, saying that once we went down to ten men the ball hardly ever reached him. The play went something like this x 20 - Gregan/Hazel to Furman to Whitts to Colbeck. Back to Whits to Furman to Smalley back to Whits back to Gregan and then Hoof to nobody.

Sideways - Sidways - Sideways to Backwards to Hoof was the theme of the night

A young kid with less than 10 first team appearances playing up top on his own in a struggling side. I feel bloody sorry for the lad actually!

A young kid with less than 10 first team appearances playing up top on his own in a struggling side. I feel bloody sorry for the lad actually!

It is easy to see what DP was trying. It didn't come off... Move on...

Young lad got a shot, I reckon he loved it...

agree with both. i think blackman would have done a little better but i can understand why brooke stayed on.

i can definately see potential but the question is will he use it or turn out like most of out 'promising' youngsters. i hope he will use it cos he could be a key player for us in a couple of seasons.

thought it was Colbeck whose header hit the bar... :unsure:

and if Brooke is 14 stone then I'm a monkey's uncle... :unsure::huh:

that funnily enough is the impression I got, I've misread somewhere along the lines, 11stone 7 for 6' 1" christ I was that at 14!!

Edited by tangerinedreams