Norwich: Song Sheet

Fair enough I still stand by the spoon full of honey (even if you only take it when you get home) but I have not conducted my own clinical trials on the matter. The Vocalzones could be significantly useful for those who have over an hour's drive back to whereever they are going though.

Believe me....just for once..... from personal experience they are also "significatly useful" for anyone who has spent all afternoon singing and is looking for something to soothe the throat ready for a night out in Norwich, and then again when they get back to their Travelodge.

Did you read the celebrity testimonials?

Believe me....just for once..... from personal experience they are also "significatly useful" for anyone who has spent all afternoon singing and is looking for something to soothe the throat ready for a night out in Norwich, and then again when they get back to their Travelodge.

Did you read the celebrity testimonials?

Er I did previously, when you posted your recommendation for the same product before- I think you'll find a lot of celebrities use the spoon of honey too. I'm not saying they aren't effective (in fact I originally said they may be more effective than the spoon of honey) but they are more expensive so may not be as good value for money. I believe you but like you said you conducted a non clinical trial and if I conducted my own non-clinical trial and the results were the same it adds weight to it but if the results are different it won't. It is feasible that the honey and the lozenges have a synergistic effect- in which case the proper remedy would be to use both. Or did you feel that won't be the case?

Er I did previously, when you posted your recommendation for the same product before- I think you'll find a lot of celebrities use the spoon of honey too. I'm not saying they aren't effective (in fact I originally said they may be more effective than the spoon of honey) but they are more expensive so may not be as good value for money. I believe you but like you said you conducted a non clinical trial and if I conducted my own non-clinical trial and the results were the same it adds weight to it but if the results are different it won't. It is feasible that the honey and the lozenges have a synergistic effect- in which case the proper remedy would be to use both. Or did you feel that won't be the case?

I was among a lage group of fans who sang for a week and hoarseness was a common problem. Having tried various remedies, Vocalzones were the only remedy that I can recommend. If people are not used to singing, and they join in on Saturday, their evening and following day could be spoilt be hoarseness. If they take my advice they may avoid such problem.

It's up to them, but I know what remedy I shall rely on, even if it's not what the doctor ordered.

I was among a lage group of fans who sang for a week and hoarseness was a common problem. Having tried various remedies, Vocalzones were the only remedy that I can recommend. If people are not used to singing, and they join in on Saturday, their evening and following day could be spoilt be hoarseness. If they take my advice they may avoid such problem.

It's up to them, but I know what remedy I shall rely on, even if it's not what the doctor ordered.

Fair enough but others may want a cheaper more organic alternative with possibly less side effects but on your testimonal reduced effectiveness and obvious less ease of use for away trips perhaps you would like to consider the possible synergistic effect of both too. Swings and roundabouts- if partaking of the lozenges I would warn people to be careful of any hot drink as they may numb their throat a little bit too much.

If the lid was removed, I think it would be OK.

:grin: Aah see diego- honey wouldn't spill though could create problems as the mass would still remain if it were to be used as a missile- be a tough one for the stewards you can see some not thinking it through properly.

:grin: Aah see diego- honey wouldn't spill though could create problems as the mass would still remain if it were to be used as a missile- be a tough one for the stewards you can see some not thinking it through properly.

It depends on the type of honey:

Comb Honey (honeycomb)

Direct from the hive honey-filled beeswax comb as stored naturally by the bees.

Liquid Honey (extracted)

Prepared by cutting off the wax cappings and whirling the comb in a honey extractor, where centrifugal force moves the honey out of the cells.

Creamed Honey (granulated)

Made by blending one part finely granulated honey with nine parts liquid honey. The mixture is stored at about 57 degrees until it becomes firm.

Chunk Honey

Comb honey in a jar with liquid honey poured around it.

Anyway, the flaw is I just can't see stewards thinking.

It depends on the type of honey:

Comb Honey (honeycomb)

Direct from the hive honey-filled beeswax comb as stored naturally by the bees.

Liquid Honey (extracted)

Prepared by cutting off the wax cappings and whirling the comb in a honey extractor, where centrifugal force moves the honey out of the cells.

Creamed Honey (granulated)

Made by blending one part finely granulated honey with nine parts liquid honey. The mixture is stored at about 57 degrees until it becomes firm.

Chunk Honey

Comb honey in a jar with liquid honey poured around it.

Anyway, the flaw is I just can't see stewards thinking.

That was kind of the point I was making but yet again the nail is hit on the head by your good self or was I being a good set up man and letting someone else knock in the easy gag (I'm not sure :dntknw: )

Honey, no matter what type, is a bit more of a viscous fluid than the standard fizzy drink- so even if some were to spill I doubt all of it would be gone (I'm not sure if it depends on the amount left in the jar when thrown- it may not do) ands obviously this counts more for the less runny versions you mention. (I'm surprised you didn't mention manuka honey but then again that is wasted on sore throats (nevermind hypothetical missiles) its bloody expensive). Thus still leaving enough mass to cause some damage where other things wouldn't (a fake camera for instance).

BTW I love this site when it gets like this we have gone from songs to sing in Norwich, to the merits of throat remedy, to the consistency of honey.

Getting back on to the original topic (sort of) I wonder if you can get hold off some near life-sized cardboard cut outs of the likes of Jaime Oliver and Gordon Ramsey?

Edited by rudemedic

I'm surprised you're surprised when manuka honey is out of the financial reach of poor pensioners.

You say that but I bet a jar is less than the price of your meal in that place we better not mention :grin: I would have treated you but a.) its not in my price range and b.) its not very good for sore throats :grin:

Absolutely!

We'll give Randy a ring or something when we get there and arrange to meet you! Just disappointing that the game has to interrupt the weekend!

Definitely mate. Sav says we're on our holidays, there is a problem of the 90mins in the middle but by all accounts we maybe too numb to notice. :lol:

Reworking the classic:

Posh Spice is a slapper

She used to be a man

And when she's ******** Beckham

She thinks of Heffernan

Posh Spice is a slapper

Slapheads make her horny

So when she's ******** Beckham

She thinks of Simon Corney

Posh Spice is a slapper

She wears her husband's kits

She thinks of Simon Blitz

Posh Spice is a slapper

At least she's not German

She thinks of Deano Furman

Posh Spice is a slapper

Men, she has had many

She thinks of Dave Penney

Here's one for NIMBYs:

Wouldn't it be nice to get on wi’ me neighbours (da da da do do do do)

But they make it very clear they've got no room for ravers

They stop me from groovin‘, they bang on me wall

They're doin’ me crust in, it's no good at all,

Latics Sat’day afternoon, I've got no mind to worry

Close my eyes and drift away, Close my eyes and drift away.

Here we all are sittin’ in a rainbow (da da da do do do do)

Cor blimey hello Mrs Jones, how’s your Bert’s lumbago?

I'll sing you a song with no words and no tune

I'll sing at your party while you suss out the moon, oh yeah

Latics Sat’day afternoon, I got no mind to worry

Close my eyes and drift away, Close my eyes and drift away,

Close my eyes and drift away

Aroo de de de do

Aroo de de de dido

There’s no one to see me, there’s nothin’ to say,

And no one can stop me from feelin’ this way

Latics Sat’day afternoon I've got no mind to worry