Your Support

but are still in a better league position than your lot. Tranmere fan saying we have awful support ha ha.

I mentioned your support, not how much better your team are doing. And i don't quite get the joke "Tranmere fan saying we have awful support". I can never remember our fans getting outnumbered at home.

I mentioned your support, not how much better your team are doing. And i don't quite get the joke "Tranmere fan saying we have awful support". I can never remember our fans getting outnumbered at home.

Only because you haven't got a clue how to give visiting teams 4,600 tickets.

Cheers,

Harry

Only because you haven't got a clue how to give visiting teams 4,600 tickets.

Cheers,

Harry

Well you say that, but 6/7 years ago we used to let some teams have the whole of the kop. Man city visited, filled the whole kop bringing 5,000 fans. Oh, and wait we still had more fans than them easily.

Well you say that, but 6/7 years ago we used to let some teams have the whole of the kop. Man city visited, filled the whole kop bringing 5,000 fans. Oh, and wait we still had more fans than them easily.

Well thats nothing, In the 80's we played City at Boundary Park and gave them 15,000 tickets. The crowd was 20,000 I believe so beat that one plastic scouse.

If i remember correctly, we gave them all the Rocky Road and they decided that they may as well have most of the mains stand, lookers and Chaddy to go with it.

Didn't help them on the pitch though.

Cheers,

Harry

Well thats nothing, In the 80's we played City at Boundary Park and gave them 15,000 tickets. The crowd was 20,000 I believe so beat that one plastic scouse.

If i remember correctly, we gave them all the Rocky Road and they decided that they may as well have most of the mains stand, lookers and Chaddy to go with it.

Didn't help them on the pitch though.

Cheers,

Harry

Well in my opinion thats nothing to be proud of as that means you were outnumbered by far once again. And can i ask how the hell you nearly outnumbered our fans last season?

Well in my opinion thats nothing to be proud of as that means you were outnumbered by far once again. And can i ask how the hell you nearly outnumbered our fans last season?

What difference does it make how many away fans are in a ground. We are quite happy to have their money to help woth our costs.

You say that you have the ability to allow more away fans. So why does your club not want the money when you have falling corwds like most clubs at the moment?

It's what goes on on the pitch that counts.

Oh and I didn't say we outnumbered your fans last season.

Cheers,

Harry

Wow...it just taken you......4 days to work that out!!!!!!!!...the speed of the internet in Merseyside is faster than I thought. You even have a computer/laptop too well, you know those grants for deprived areas are fantastic aren't they and your English skills have impessed me to "like".

By the way....we outsang them for 70 minutes..yes you heard 70 mins and they even admit that on their own website..

Quality of the support - not quantity...

What difference does it make how many away fans are in a ground. We are quite happy to have their money to help woth our costs.

You say that you have the ability to allow more away fans. So why does your club not want the money when you have falling corwds like most clubs at the moment?

It's what goes on on the pitch that counts.

Oh and I didn't say we outnumbered your fans last season.

Cheers,

Harry

The difference is, is that the more away fans the more encouraged their players seem to be and often it helps in the performance, i'm not saying that it should, but it sometimes does.

And to be honest i think the club dosen't allow more away fans in is because there are only a couple of times in the division who can fill the current away end anyway. And when they visit, our home crowd is sufficient enough to keep the away fans were they should be, in the away end, and keep the home fans were they should be, in the home end.

And of course its what happens on the pitch that counts that is important, and i believe that we will finish in a higher position than you at the end of the season.

Oh and i know it wasn't you who said you nearly outnumbered us last season, i was saying it the person who did.

Oh and i know it wasn't you who said you nearly outnumbered us last season, i was saying it the person who did.

Well say that in reply to them then. :wink:

I also notice that you haven't played Leeds and Huddersfield at home yet. They both brought over 4,000 to BP, Leeds on a Tuesday night. As the demand from Leeds will exceed what your away end holds, will you be allocating them any further tickets? If you do, then judging by your last 2 home league attendances, you are likely to be outnumbered at home as well.

Cheers,

Harry

Well say that in reply to them then. :wink:

I also notice that you haven't played Leeds and Huddersfield at home yet. They both brought over 4,000 to BP, Leeds on a Tuesday night. As the demand from Leeds will exceed what your away end holds, will you be allocating them any further tickets? If you do, then judging by your last 2 home league attendances, you are likely to be outnumbered at home as well.

Cheers,

Harry

I very much doubt that they will be given extra allocation. As i said before, judging from previous visits of Leeds our support has been sufficient enough to keep our home end the home end.

I very much doubt that they will be given extra allocation. As i said before, judging from previous visits of Leeds our support has been sufficient enough to keep our home end the home end.

This is a different season for Leeds. They are running away with the league and unless they have a major blip, they will be promoted automatically. You cannoy go off past visits from Leeds. In the 2 previous seasons, Leeds and the cup game this season, the large section of the Rochdale Road end was sufficient. Not now though. So your poxy capacity in the away end will not be sufficient for the demand. Like I say the only way you wont be outnumbered against Leeds, is if you don't give them the extra tickets.

As for your support, it appears that it is dropping as drastically as ours pro rata.

Cheers,

Harry

This is a different season for Leeds. They are running away with the league and unless they have a major blip, they will be promoted automatically. You cannoy go off past visits from Leeds. In the 2 previous seasons, Leeds and the cup game this season, the large section of the Rochdale Road end was sufficient. Not now though. So your poxy capacity in the away end will not be sufficient for the demand. Like I say the only way you wont be outnumbered against Leeds, is if you don't give them the extra tickets.

As for your support, it appears that it is dropping as drastically as ours pro rata.

Cheers,

Harry

I agree that they are doing alot better this season than the previous, and their fans might be a bit more encouraged, but no matter how well Leeds were doing i think that they would always demand extra allocation at either prenton park, or boundary park.

And why would we want to give them extra tickets and give them more seats in the home end where our fans would be sitting most games? The place where the extra fans would be placed, would be pretty much full anyway so i don't see the point, other than to annoy your own fans, and move them.

And that average is without playing any teams who have brought any more than 600 fans.

Yes but your going to restrict the numbers so it isn't going to go up that mch us it.

Who will bring more than 600 that you still have to play? Leeds, Hudders, us and ??????? your only other 2 potentially would be Norwich and Southampton. Southampton brought 924 to BP.

Cheers,

Harry

And that average is without playing any teams who have brought any more than 600 fans.

Perhps you need to look at this another way.

Would you outnumber the away fans if you played Everton or Liverpool?

How do you confuse a Tranmere fan. Give him a ticket to the a Tranmere v Liverpool game and tell him to go in the end of the team he supports.

< Loks left, looks right, looks confused>

Yes but your going to restrict the numbers so it isn't going to go up that mch us it.

Who will bring more than 600 that you still have to play? Leeds, Hudders, us and ??????? your only other 2 potentially would be Norwich and Southampton. Southampton brought 924 to BP.

Cheers,

Harry

Carlisle also bring quite a few down to prenton park usually as well. And i suspect that Leeds, Hudders, Norwich will bring 2000 and you and southampton will probably bring just over a thousand. This means that this will add on about 1600 to the average which will result in it being around 7400. 2200 more than Oldham.