Rumour 2

Our glorious leaders and benefactors are skint; what is going on...

*shakes head in disbelief*

:titanic:

Er, that is probably why we are moving to Failsworth...

Now I canot say if they are really skint or not.

Come on. One only has to look at the state of the economy in the US to know the money is tighter.

Now, at the risk of going all Corporal Jones, I have been banging on about the fact we are lukcy to have the TTA at the time we did, they could have bailed out a long time ago, they still are commited to the stadium, when others would have left us high and dry a long time ago.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on. One only has to look at the state of the economy in the US to know the money is tighter.

Now, at the risk of going all Corporal Jones, I have been banging on about the fact we are lukcy to have the TTA at the time we did, they could have bailed out a long time ago, they still are commited to the stadium, when others would have left us high and dry a long time ago.

I know we could of ended up with that lot who took over Notts County :petesake::lol:

Guest sheridans_world

They have no commitement to anything. Has ground been broken? Has building begun?

IF they are to leave, they'll leave the club in the same way M**re left it.

I have always said that I wont be happy with TTA until something materialises. I wasnt content until they built a new main stand (they didnt) and I wont be content until they build a new staidum. Its about time they delivered on the promises they have been making for the last five/six years.

They have no commitement to anything. Has ground been broken? Has building begun?

IF they are to leave, they'll leave the club in the same way M**re left it.

I have always said that I wont be happy with TTA until something materialises. I wasnt content until they built a new main stand (they didnt) and I wont be content until they build a new staidum. Its about time they delivered on the promises they have been making for the last five/six years.

That I grant you.

But they would not be faffing around visiting stadiums, employing architects, visiting opponents meeting being avaialble for consultations.

Of course, many people are more in the know than me, but the actions are not of a people about to be decalared bankrupt, just belt tightening, which is only to be expected.

It just smacks of scare tactics by oponents of the ground move, and is very divisive at a time when we sould all be pulling together.

There seems to be a core group of people that imaginged the TTA had billions i the banks jsut because they had a business in the USA.

Guest sheridans_world
That I grant you.

But they would not be faffing around visiting stadiums, employing architects, visiting opponents meeting being avaialble for consultations.

Of course, many people are more in the know than me, but the actions are not of a people about to be decalared bankrupt, just belt tightening, which is only to be expected.

It just smacks of scare tactics by oponents of the ground move, and is very divisive at a time when we sould all be pulling together.

There seems to be a core group of people that imaginged the TTA had billions i the banks jsut because they had a business in the USA.

Throughout history people have continued charade's long after they have been able to continue with their proposals.

Just look at our own history, Chris Moore, came in, promised the world then sodded off. He was still maintaining until the end that he was committed to the clubs future, when he had obviously taken the decision weeks before he started to sell our players to up sticks and leave.

Eight hours of free beer and all you need is Ibuprofen? Bloody lightweight!

Mrs. Z. wasn't feeling too clever on the coach back; I think the only reason I felt alright was the £40 worth of curry we scoffed after dropping you off...

Anyway, back on topic:

I've heard we're going for an all-Jewish XI by 2011.

Throughout history people have continued charade's long after they have been able to continue with their proposals.

Just look at our own history, Chris Moore, came in, promised the world then sodded off. He was still maintaining until the end that he was committed to the clubs future, when he had obviously taken the decision weeks before he started to sell our players to up sticks and leave.

True, and I have always qualified my comments that we should be asking the TTA the tough questions.

And I won't really beleive it until the last seat has been bolted.

That is a world away from these conspiracy theroies, and constant drip feed sniping though.

Guest sheridans_world
True, and I have always qualified my comments that we should be asking the TTA the tough questions.

And I won't really beleive it until the last seat has been bolted.

That is a world away from these conspiracy theroies, and constant drip feed sniping though.

I agree, it is only conspiracy theories. However, Im with you, until the last seat is bolted in, TTA have done nothing but keep latics afloat, which dont get me wrong, I'm grateful for.

Lets face it Chris Moore was a "hero" when he was investing thousands into an expensive squad and getting us into the playoffs, screening the game in the RRE for fans. Will TTA go the same way?

Will they deliver their promise of championship football?

Will they deliver their promise of entertaining football on the pitch?

Will they deliver their promise of investing in the team?

Will they deliver their promise of redeveloping Boundary Park, ensuring that football is played there for at least 10 years from 2004? No.

Will they deliver their promise of a new ground at Failsworth?

Not one thing on that list has been delivered and one has had to be struck off and revised....

I agree, it is only conspiracy theories. However, Im with you, until the last seat is bolted in, TTA have done nothing but keep latics afloat, which dont get me wrong, I'm grateful for.

Lets face it Chris Moore was a "hero" when he was investing thousands into an expensive squad and getting us into the playoffs, screening the game in the RRE for fans. Will TTA go the same way?

Will they deliver their promise of championship football?

Will they deliver their promise of entertaining football on the pitch?

Will they deliver their promise of investing in the team?

Will they deliver their promise of redeveloping Boundary Park, ensuring that football is played there for at least 10 years from 2004? No.

Will they deliver their promise of a new ground at Failsworth?

Not one thing on that list has been delivered and one has had to be struck off and revised....

WHat I do give the TTA leeway for is the delivery on the pitch, they are only partly responsible for that, and they have backed their managers.

And, In the words of Harold Macmillian: "Events Dear boy, Events".

But the one promise they have to be held to account is a self sustaining stadium.

Aside from relegation, I think they should totally focus on that. And given the Trasnfer window to see what their actions are with regard to battling relegation.

They certainly opened the chequebook last transfer window, although that ultimately was not enough.

Edited by singe

That's nonsense, and we all know it.

It was a quick sale to generate some cash.

Not quite true.

Eardley held all the aces. If he did not sign a contract, he was a free agent, the same as Porter.

So go for £0 or go for £300k. And every club in the country knew it.

So we would never have got what you think he was worth. No oen would have paid that to someone who would have cost zilch a few months later.

2+2=5 on the back of the skint rumour.

Don't they own successful businesses in the states?

They were successful, however things change - don't they.

One of the big three has been recently quoted saying "...it's ridiculous - the club is now taking food out of my family's mouths...."

I don't know...

Not quite true.

Eardley held all the aces. If he did not sign a contract, he was a free agent, the same as Porter.

So go for £0 or go for £300k. And every club in the country knew it.

So we would never have got what you think he was worth. No oen would have paid that to someone who would have cost zilch a few months later.

2+2=5 on the back of the skint rumour.

That's fine. As long as he didn't move to another country I'm confident we'd have still got at least what we received; plus we'd have had The Division's Best Full Back on our books for another season.

No two-and-twoing here. I've been saying this for months and months.

One of the big three has been recently quoted saying "...it's ridiculous - the club is now taking food out of my family's mouths...."

I don't know...

They need to look into getting a better refreshments supplier then ;)

I don't know...

Terrible mis-quote. Its actually based on the time when SC invited Greeeegs round for dinner. What he actually said was

"... its ridiculous, Sean Gregan stole all the food before my family could eat....."

Serves them right... if they are only going to feed the players twice a week.

I'll let Pete take this one. It's his favourite. :lol:

Certainly in my top three :grin:

I apologise to those who have read this sort of posting from me before BUT ..... name players that Latics have transferred for fees that didn't seem more or less reasonable at the time? And this isn't off topic but a response to a posting from laticsmad which Zorro has directed my attention to!

Edited by LaticsPete

Funny to see some of the users here slowing coming around to the world of reality on a number of issues. The same users who openly had a pop at other people for coming around a lot sooner. Not naming names :)

The self-appointed (and not so self-appointed) commissars are clearly not doing their work properly.