Today's Attendance

I think it proves that the standard of football ie.. league position is the real pull with attendances, if we had been in the playoff positions we may have had 8/9000.

I think we have to hope this is the reason, as the fairweather fan only seems to want to turn up if it's £2 or free. Celebration Sunday saw 13k+ turn up and the last time we did the £2 offer 9k+ and 10k+ turned up for the Brighton and Northampton games respectively. However, I don't think there was a massive upturn in attendance for the following, normal priced home matches after these games, and that was when we were doing a lot better than we are now.

I even think it might take a few seasons of higher quality football before we actually see attendances consistantly rise.

The facilities are also probably a factor. As has been mentioned elsewhere, new stadiums for other clubs has seem a boost in their attendances - maybe this could the answer.

This is why the category price plan is a good idea.

just make it a flat tenner from boxing day onwards....give the season ticket holders a discount bonus to keep em happy n see what happens...

yes i went yesterday and patd £3 for me an the lad,bought drinks n burgers..but i ont go back to paying 20 quid....the product isnt there.

I would suggest the crowd was double of what we were likely to get without the reduction so about 3500 extra pay on the day punters.

I think it proves that the standard of football ie.. league position is the real pull with attendances, if we had been in the playoff positions we may have had 8/9000.

As far as admission prices, I reckon £15/£18 entrance would be nearer the mark but to suggest £12 is a little silly....it's £10 to watch Stalybridge in the conference!!!

How about this for an idea........ The cost of admittance is dependant on your corresponding league position.

£20 for the first 5 home games and then....

Automatic promotion pos......£22

Playoff positions.....£20

7th-10th......£18

11th-14th....£16

15th and below £14

This would mean that your income generated would be directly proportional to performances on the pitch.

Perhaps you could pay the players wages or bonuses based on a similar scenario.

Daft idea????

Not at all, I think this is a cracking idea, and I don't think there's another club that does it. Which probably means it really isn't the best of ideas or we've come across something new, unique and successful.

Best get ready to get the £14 signs out though. :wink:

There are quite a few fans myself include that prefer to watch a game from the side of the pitch rather than behind the goal. Whilst the demolition of the Broadway stand wouldn't stop me from going it might have put a fair few others off.

Might explain why there were a lot of fans queing for the main stand at 3 O'clock.

I bet there are some regulars that don't go anymore since that stand was demolished......................Just a thought!!

There are quite a few fans myself include that prefer to watch a game from the side of the pitch rather than behind the goal. Whilst the demolition of the Broadway stand wouldn't stop me from going it might have put a fair few others off.

Might explain why there were a lot of fans queing for the main stand at 3 O'clock.

I bet there are some regulars that don't go anymore since that stand was demolished......................Just a thought!!

Interesting last line there 55 - I was only saying yesterday, how 5/6 years ago, there was 7(8) can't remember tbh season ticket holders happily sat at the back of the paddock - 4 years ago, that figure was halved to 4 of us - different reasons. Now there is one of us who has a season ticket....in the main stand.

All different reasons behind not going regularly last couple of years, however this is just 1 quote from a small pocket of fans, are there any more? You bet there will be!

If it makes any difference btw - I also prefer to sit on the side at BP :wink:

Edited by futchers briefs