Hill - We must sign O'Grady

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Diddums - 6 figures then if you want him that much or a straight swap for Dagnall, time for Latics to show some bollocks in the Transfer Market, we have a commodity a team desperately wants, let's play it to our advantage...

Diddums - 6 figures then if you want him that much or a straight swap for Dagnall, time for Latics to show some bollocks in the Transfer Market, we have a commodity a team desperately wants, let's play it to our advantage...

Yes, they want to keep O'Grady, but I think they would rather keep Dagnall if it came down to one or the other.

I think £30/40,000 would be the very most we could expect from his sale, with Rochdale sitting well clear at the top of the table their board should be fighting tooth and nail to keep them both but Rochdale have always been a selling club and even with their current league position their crowds have not really increased very much!

I`d give him a chance tbh. He`ll be coming back from a successful loan spell, where he`s played really well and got himself afew goals! It`s not like were banging in the goals at the minute.

I'm not his biggest fan but I would give him a run in the team along side Heff and drop Smalley to one of the wings.

Yes, they want to keep O'Grady, but I think they would rather keep Dagnall if it came down to one or the other.

I think £30/40,000 would be the very most we could expect from his sale, with Rochdale sitting well clear at the top of the table their board should be fighting tooth and nail to keep them both but Rochdale have always been a selling club and even with their current league position their crowds have not really increased very much!

sounds like oldham this when we had wellens & porter, the TTA should of put money in when we were sat at the top but no was the answer

I`d give him a chance tbh. He`ll be coming back from a successful loan spell, where he`s played really well and got himself afew goals! It`s not like were banging in the goals at the minute.

Which is why he went on loan- TO GIVE HIM EXPERIENCE, a run in the team, build his confidence up. In other words, the loan worked.Now he needs to prove that he can do the same in league 1.

Maybe I'm wrong then, maybe you're all right. Maybe O'Grady will come back to us, and score 20 goals in the second half of the season to fire us into the playoffs. Based on what I've seen of him though, I think it's unlikely, but who knows? :)

Its worth giving him a run in the team while he's on form. If he does well it all well and good, if he fails off load him.

Maybe I'm wrong then, maybe you're all right. Maybe O'Grady will come back to us, and score 20 goals in the second half of the season to fire us into the playoffs. Based on what I've seen of him though, I think it's unlikely, but who knows? :)

In fairness we're not looking for somebody to fire us into the playoffs, but to score the handful of goals needed to keep us up.

:lol:

Here you go. I've picked up your toys for you.

Seriously though, I don't think anyone's suggesting he'll do any of that - just that he's worth a crack at proving he's a capable player at this level. He's gone to Rochdale, scored a few goals, set a few more up, gained a bit of confidence... might as well give him his proper chance.