Chris Moore

Thing is corp, I'm fairly certain you've said that the situation we are in now is directly attributable to the failure to capitalise on the prem/glory years? Yes? or No?

Of course it is. But what was needed was somebody at the helm to halt the slide and begin to reverse it. It hasn't happened. The slide continues. Where it will end is anybody's guess.

No small stadium in Failsworth can alter this fact.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.5l capri with good bodywork and nice wheels and tyres?

And worn pistons and valves, with a big end about to blow?

as a straight swap for a 1.4l nissan almera in good running order?

Deal. Please make out the registration document in the name of Mr Ian Mark Naive

QUOTE (singe @ Dec 29 2009, 21:37 PM)

This is the part that is troubling me with your posts 0000. Not trusting the TTA is one thing, I also don't 100% trust anyone-even myself. But it is quote another to have your approach. Casting aspertions, implying that anyone that shows a degree of trust is niaive, and generally mud slinging and sly comments aimed at them with nothing factual to back it up.

Take a step back, and look overall at their expediture over the years, and backing their manager.

There is no way they will make money. It is mathematically impossible unless some Arab pays way over the odds.

And I would have the TTA over any billionaire every time

OH please... and anyone who offers a shred of fear, doubt or concern is jump on from a great height by the happy clappers... The tone of some of the "pro" posts gets right up my nose as well. The mud slinging and sly comments very much go both ways so please secure that :censored:. I think you need to spend a day in the life of Corp or me and see how much mud gets slung. I don't think I have actually slung any mud at TTA. I have raised plenty of concerns and some "what if's" but I am very careful not to attack them unfairly.

I am really happy you are totally trusting and behind TTA, you no doubt get a lot of sleep at night. After the Moores years and the general mismanagement of football throughout the game I don't trust anyone and make no apologies for it.

TTA have delivered nothing during their five years, with the exception of reducing are out goings which means (I would guess) they can write smaller cheques. The ground is in a worse state and promotion has not been achieved. When they finally achieve something then maybe I will change my tune...until then...

I have highlighted the salient parts of both posts. Please show me one shred of evidence where I 100% trust the TTA.

They must be questioned, and you and Corp are part of that, I have never disputed that you are right to raise concerns But it is the simplistic You agree with Failsworth, ergo you are a Hapy Clapper or a Nodding Dog that actually dimishes the strength of your argument.

Or the implication they are going to take pots of money out for example also is misleading.

All I say is that the actions of the TTA have earned them a degree of trust. We should learn from the mistakes of Chris Moore, but to compare the actions is patently unfair.

You say they have reduced outgoings over the years, but that misses the point that they are still outgoings that add to the previous years outgoings. They are mounting losses. If you go overdrawn, and keep adding to the overdraft, they money guys want it back sometime.

They shoud reduce their outgoings, that is basic business and no business can survive on the red every year.

They must be questioned, and you and Corp are part of that, I have never disputed that you are right to raise concerns But it is the simplistic You agree with Failsworth, ergo you are a Hapy Clapper or a Nodding Dog that actually dimishes the strength of your argument.

I think the badge of "you have concerns so you'r a doom monger / dead set against the whole thing" which get pinned on me a lot of the time is tad simplistic as well. So lets all cut it out.

sorry to bring this guy up I know it's a painful topic, but hearing all the Huddersfield fan on another messageboard going on about Dean Hoyle being a massive supporter of the club and having a season ticket for 20 years, am I right in thinking a certain Mr Moore claimed something similar with us? Huddersfield have just announced losses of £4 million, a bit similar to us in 2002/03? or are they in a stronger position? They certainly get better crowds

http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-tow...86081-25477550/

what is it with this chris moore is a monster hype,

The guy took a gamble on buying a footie club and pumped thousands of his OWN money into it..the general public of that said town never backed him up ...

his fortunes dipped ...he upped and ran to save his losses that's show buisness for you ...who was moaning when he brought in players and managers to the calibre of ..clint hill and ian dowie... i wasn't

The guy took a gamble on buying a footie club and pumped thousands of his OWN money into it..the general public of that said town never backed him up ...

his fortunes dipped ...he upped and ran to save his losses that's show buisness for you ...who was moaning when he brought in players and managers to the calibre of ..clint hill and ian dowie... i wasn't

I won't go as far as "moaning" but a few of us did raise the issue of how sustanable it was for us to face similar abuse as we see at the moment.

The town would have backed him eventually had he the means to continue. Gates were already on the rise.

We will never see a promotion challenge as convincing as the one that happened under his tenure again.

The town would have backed him eventually had he the means to continue. Gates were already on the rise.

We will never see a promotion challenge as convincing as the one that happened under his tenure again.

The problem is it was costing £3m a year to fund that team on top of all the other receipts. Gates would have to treble to sustain that.

So, unless you know someone prepared to spend £10m or so over 3 years, we're stuck with where we are.

Quite. As somebody said yesterday, whoopee!

So, you're whole point is little more than "we are where we are, I don't think it will change, I think we're doomed, anyone who doesn't feel despondent is deluded, all hope is gone. Unless we get a wealthy owner".

Good job Scunthorpe didn't take the same view. No wealthy owner, took them years to get anywhere, they didn't go down and down. No reason we cannot do the same.

So, you're whole point is little more than "we are where we are, I don't think it will change, I think we're doomed, anyone who doesn't feel despondent is deluded, all hope is gone. Unless we get a wealthy owner".

Good job Scunthorpe didn't take the same view. No wealthy owner, took them years to get anywhere, they didn't go down and down. No reason we cannot do the same.

Yes, basically that is my point. It's as valid as any amount of happy-clappery and already proven facile optimism.

Although an effort is being made to turn us into another Scunthorpe, it will fail. Different history, different town, different outlook on the part of the fanbase, different type of location and all that. Not rocket science. And the quota of minnows flirting with the Championship has probably already been fulfilled.

The club now operates on the basis of sheer desperation.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Yes, basically that is my point. It's as valid as any amount of happy-clappery and already proven facile optimism.

Although an effort is being made to turn us into another Scunthorpe, it will fail. Different history, different town, different outlook on the part of the fanbase, different type of location and all that. Not rocket science. And the quota of minnows flirting with the Championship has probably already been fulfilled.

The club now operates on the basis of sheer desperation.

absolute poppycock...We are riding on the crest of the worst recession in living memory....thank god we have people weathering the storm ,knowing that things can only get better...And it will

absolute poppycock...We are riding on the crest of the worst recession in living memory....thank god we have people weathering the storm ,knowing that things can only get better...And it will

The only effect of the recession on this football club is the diluting of the BP redevelopment plan and the downscaling of the club to fit.

Once it's done, it's done. It's a one-way street.

(And, by the way, this is only the first of a series of ever-worsening recessions, as the western way of life slowly crumbles.)*

*That's another one of those things known as predictions.

The only effect of the recession on this football club is the diluting of the BP redevelopment plan and the downscaling of the club to fit.

Once it's done, it's done. It's a one-way street.

(And, by the way, this is only the first of a series of ever-worsening recessions, as the western way of life slowly crumbles.)*

*That's another one of those things known as predictions.

downscaling of bp development was done because the council will never allow such a development there,because it doesnt tie in with there plans for the hospital.

thats why it will consist of family homes and key worker homes when it is eventually developed wholesale as the hospital is planning a massive extension.

failsworth on the other hand doesnt have anything except the pole morrisons and tesco,but does have better road and transport links to bring more people to it.

downscaling of bp development was done because the council will never allow such a development there,because it doesnt tie in with there plans for the hospital.

thats why it will consist of family homes and key worker homes when it is eventually developed wholesale as the hospital is planning a massive extension.

failsworth on the other hand doesnt have anything except the pole morrisons and tesco,but does have better road and transport links to bring more people to it.

It's the downscaling reprented by the proposed move to Failsworth that I'm talking about. Whatever happened regarding the details of the BP plan, it was, right to the end, as far as we were told, for a 16000 seater stadium. That's why it was so strange to see that a full 25% of capacity had been lost overnight with no discussion whatsoever (except among the handful of people who matter.)

You can have all the transport links you want to Failsworth, but when the dust settles attendances will be smaller than we currently see at BP. Prediction again.

It's the downscaling reprented by the proposed move to Failsworth that I'm talking about. Whatever happened regarding the details of the BP plan, it was, right to the end, as far as we were told, for a 16000 seater stadium. That's why it was so strange to see that a full 25% of capacity had been lost overnight with no discussion whatsoever (except among the handful of people who matter.)

You can have all the transport links you want to Failsworth, but when the dust settles attendances will be smaller than we currently see at BP. Prediction again.

don't think so ,crowds will increase because of better facility's plus 'A 'grade transportation links...add to the agenda a vast array of boozers around the area and all in all we are in for a tasty saturday treat...

Which brings me on to as to what's hot and what's not around failsworth, Not boozed down there in a long long time,Someone enlighten me please :grin: :grin:

don't think so ,crowds will increase because of better facility's plus 'A 'grade transportation links...add to the agenda a vast array of boozers around the area and all in all we are in for a tasty saturday treat...

Which brings me on to as to what's hot and what's not around failsworth, Not boozed down there in a long long time,Someone enlighten me please :grin: :grin:

Facilities alone will not bring bigger crowds, except for, perhaps, initially. And the level of ambition indicated by restricting the capacity to 12000 (or is it 10000?), guarantees that the standard of football on offer will see crowds dwindle further. And then there is the matter of that section of the hardcore support that seems adamant that it will not follow the club to 'a Manchester location.'

Why will pubs in the area be an attraction? If anything they'll hold less appeal for the average Latics fan than those in the vicinity of BP. Think about it. Failsworth pubs are already dominated by plastic Manc City and United supporters, many of whom choose to look on us and the people of the other Lancashire towns as ignorant, backward looking yonners. Give me the pubs we already have for a pre and post-match pint any day of the week.

The other thing regarding pubs is that the stretch of Manchester Road leading from Hollinwood to Broadway has for a long time been going the way of that stretch leading from Hollinwood to Oldham town centre. In other words, many of the pubs people knew ten or twenty years ago have closed down or disappeared altogether, others have been turned into something else entirely, some open up and close down again every few weeks, while yet others are a shadow of their former selves. Pub culture is a dying thing in contemporary Britain.

The only really busy pub I know round there is that one that used to be Mowrbray Tory club, and that's a :censored:hole with more than its fair share of headcases.

The other thing regarding pubs is that the stretch of Manchester Road leading from Hollinwood to Broadway has for a long time been going the way of that stretch leading from Hollinwood to Oldham town centre. In other words, many of the pubs people knew ten or twenty years ago have closed down or disappeared altogether, others have been turned into something else entirely, some open up and close down again every few weeks, while yet others are a shadow of their former selves. Pub culture is a dying thing in contemporary Britain.

The only really busy pub I know round there is that one that used to be Mowrbray Tory club, and that's a :censored:hole with more than its fair share of headcases.

Hopefully when we move we'll have a decent 'clubhouse' with decent beer, sky tv etc. to booze in, then at least our money will be going back into the club....or am i being naive?