Just got back from Stockport

Thought id have a drive over this morning and check out the surrounding areas. All snow has obviously gone and i didn't feel any ice in a good 10 minute walk around the roads, surrounding the stadium. The pitch looked clear of snow, and with no obvious signs of flooding, given an inspection this morning i saw no reason why it would fail one. This is a shambles, and could be huge in our relegation/promotion push as at the moment Stockport have lost 11? in a row? and have very poor players, come the re arrangement they could be on a decent run with a better side. Pure sham, personally our club should have done more to get this game on, yet again it shows how bad we're missing our "funny little bald man" step forward super Alan Hardy. Dave Penney should have demanded the inspection to be moved forward to today, or at least some club official should have.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought id have a drive over this morning and check out the surrounding areas. All snow has obviously gone and i didn't feel any ice in a good 10 minute walk around the roads, surrounding the stadium. The pitch looked clear of snow, and with no obvious signs of flooding, given an inspection this morning i saw no reason why it would fail one. This is a shambles, and could be huge in our relegation/promotion push as at the moment Stockport have lost 11? in a row? and have very poor players, come the re arrangement they could be on a decent run with a better side. Pure sham, personally our club should have done more to get this game on, yet again it shows how bad we're missing our "funny little bald man" step forward super Alan Hardy. Dave Penney should have demanded the inspection to be moved forward to today, or at least some club official should have.

Was their club shop open? I was thinking of going getting myself a County keyring this affy

You drive?

Do you get a pound if I buy my keyring through that link?

As the mighty County don't currently have an online club shop (!!) I seriously doubt it.

I will, however, build on the 6 signups in the last 48 hours by reposting the linky:

http://www.TopCashBack.co.uk/ref/opinions4u

If you ever shop online, buy rail tickets etc do it via the site in the linky and earn yourself some money back!

:grin:

Edited by opinions4u

:lol::huh:

This is a shambles, and could be huge in our relegation/promotion push as at the moment Stockport have lost 11? in a row? and have very poor players, come the re arrangement they could be on a decent run with a better side.

They could be, yeah. But by then we'll have signed Lee Hughes back and used the £10m we got from Leeds for Chris Taylor and our share of Micah Richards' transfer fee to sign Robbie Keane, so we'll be OK.

Yes, LOOKED.

You was not able to walk on the pitch therefore unable to tell if frozen still or waterlogged.

If the pitch was not waterlogged after all of this snow and ice that will have melted on the pitch, then i will be very surprised.

Btw you might have wasted some petrol their

They could be, yeah. But by then we'll have signed Lee Hughes back and used the £10m we got from Leeds for Chris Taylor and our share of Micah Richards' transfer fee to sign Robbie Keane, so we'll be OK.

Keane would only be good enough for the bench though and would want a move for regular first-team football.

I live 200 metres from the ground and my street is completely free of snow and ice and there is not a hint of frost. The night was mild and I have freely walked into Edgeley and past the ground a couple of times in the last 24 hours without any chance of a slip.

The officials at Stockport simply didn't want the game to go ahead, end of story. I think an investigation would be called for here.

On Sky Sports News last night it showed the Stocky pitch, the covers were stuck to the pitch with frost and there was a hell of a lot of water all around the pitch. Seemed cut and dried to call it off.

What they should have done was to call a precautionary/preliminary inspection on Friday, and bearing in mind the overnight thaw expected, to arrange a final inspection around lunchtime today. I'm pretty sure the game would have gone ahead.