Deane Smalley

"No passion, no commitment, no effort and most importantly, no skill"

Is that Smalley you're referring to or the owners and management?

If an animal was suffering you'd either aid it or put it out it's misery. Wouldn't surprise me if the latter was chosen and we started to sell off our strikers and pimp off our most saleable asset .... oh wait .....!

He really was poor tonight. Looked half-arsed and gifted possession nearly every time he got the ball.

Needs to pull his finger out bigtime now.

Have been thinking this for a long time. Its no good having the odd game in 10 when you look like a top player, infact it annoys me even more knowing that he can be decent yet cant be arsed

He really was poor tonight. Looked half-arsed and gifted possession nearly every time he got the ball.

Needs to pull his finger out bigtime now.

He's played like that since March Jamie...glad others are finally realising. He should have been part of the clear out and a big reason why we were so poor at the end of last season. No surprise he put in a bit of effort at walsall in front of the new manager and has now reverted to type. Colbeck was dropped harshly imo tonight, I hope Colonel Cautious has the sense to reinstate him for Saturday. Same with :censored:...

He's played like that since March Jamie...glad others are finally realising.

I know, but any young player gets breathing space. You don't just throw him in a skip as soon as he has a couple of bad games. He's been injured for quite a lot of this season, but he's had more than enough games to shake that off and crack on. He played like he just couldn't be arsed all evening, and when he did gift possession he did absolutely jack-:censored: to retrieve it.

That I can't forgive, no matter how young you are.

What a pathetic excuse for a football player that man is. No passion, no commitment, no effort and most importantly, no skill.

Despite my overwhelming love of the club for over 40 years now I find myself patronizing this guy everytime the ball and the player come together....it happened 47 times tonight but I only felt daft once, when he knocked in a decent cross in the 17th minute.

The only instruction to Smalley should be run down the wing at full pelt to the bye line (preferably with the ball) and hit an instant cross.

He did that brilliantly once last nigh and a goal almost resulted.

Agreed though i'm sure he's had that instruction at a few points in his short career here, yet he seems to find that difficult - instead choosing the easier option quite regularly of checking back and laying the ball off ala Liddell when his legs had 'gone?!

I don't want to seem too critical of him but he needs to quickly grow some balls and take some risks with the football - he's quick enough and strong enough physically, but seemingly not mentally yet!

The only instruction to Smalley should be run down the wing at full pelt to the bye line (preferably with the ball) and hit an instant cross.

He did that brilliantly once last nigh and a goal almost resulted.

He did, i nearly fell off my seat! But we shouldn't have to wait another half dozen games before he does it again.

He has the pace and the physique to cause havoc in oppositions defences, he just needs the desire and application to do it regularly.

He did, i nearly fell off my seat! But we shouldn't have to wait another half dozen games before he does it again.

He has the pace and the physique to cause havoc in oppositions defences, he just needs the desire and application to do it regularly.

Has his head been filled with to much coaching ?...it happens with cricketers and almost ruined Jimmy Anderson before he went back to basics.

It's back to basics for Smalley, pace and power, and you will see better player.

Edited by BP1960

Has his head been filled with to much coaching ?...it happens with cricketers and almost ruined Jimmy Anderson before he went back to basics.

It's back to basics for Smalley, pace and power, and you will see better player.

He's also never a striker in a month of sundays! He should use his pace on the wing. I'm tired of watching square pegs in round holes.

Let's hope this striker search pays dividends before it's too late.