2. 2. Who replaces him?

• Duxbury
    • Stitch
    • Dowie
    • Southgate
    • Gannon
    • McAlister
    • A N other Who in your opinion? Please State
    • None of the Above Penney's the man for me!
    • Gregan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not one for constantly chopping and changing managers and up until now have said give Penney more time, unfortunately if we give him much more time it maybe too late.

I'd have Ritchie back at least until the end of the season and then re-assess the situation then.

Edited by Hometownclub

It all depends on TTA's intentions doesn't it.

If Penney really does have the same budget available as Shez had last season, then I'm going to have to accept that standing by him is beginning to look like the wrong decision.

The next four games are Millwall(H), Brentford(H), Stockport(A), Tranmere(A). 7 points or more gets him a reprieve and a review at the end of Feb, 6 points and he gets to survive week by week, less than 6 points and he has to go.

It wouldn't entirely surprise me if he walked, quoting lack of backing from the owners.

Any knockback at all on the Failsworth project and he might even outlast the owners.

As for who replaces Penney if he does go, the only remotely plausible option in the poll is Dux. And that might be the choice by necessity until the end of the season. Most of the other choices are outright laughable.

If Stitch didn't fancy it then I think we could do a lot worse than Greegs as Player-Manager extraordinaire.

The campaign starts here. :grin:

but what would happen if he shouted at the other players when they are :censored:....cant be havin that, can we? :wink:

I know Dowie wouldn't come back but I'd be happy to forgive and forget - I was working last night but there are 3 away games next month that would usually be good days out and something to look forward to.. As it stands I have absolutely no optimism

I was optimistic that there wer 4 worse teams in this division than us, Even that is very debateable

Give him till the re-arranged Stockport game

Why oh why do people want Ritchie back?! He was a :censored: manager too.

The team is crap because the players that Shez and Penney have bought in are on the whole...:censored:e. I dont buy into this there is a good team in there somewhere.

IMO a change in manager will have very little effect. Just like it did last season with Joe.

The team is crap because the players that Shez and Penney have bought in are on the whole...:censored:e. I dont buy into this there is a good team in there somewhere.

IMO a change in manager will have very little effect. Just like it did last season with Joe.

You don't think there were somehow 6 good/respectable individual performances in amongst that woeful team display last night? I do - Brill, Gregan, Jacobsen (apparently), :censored:, Stephens and Abbott.

How just the one game can have a massive effect on supporters views!!!

In the last poll 2 weeks ago on the subject of Penney's popularity well over 50% of supporters wanted him to stay at the club and over 70% of those until at least the end of the season and now a similar percentage want him out immediately!!!!

I reckon that a loss on Saturday coupled with a poor performance could well be his last game!

As for his replacement .....I haven't got a clue but as we have little money I think there's a fair chance it would be an internal appointment Duxbury/Philliskirk probably until the end of the season.

I disagree. Yes there's a lot of rubbish that's been brought in. A heck of a lot. But with Taylor, Abbott, Morrow and Gregan you have the basis of a decent side. Certainly one that should be performing better than this one is. A fresh manager should make a difference.

A decent keeper, centre forward and change of tactics could save us.

You don't think there were somehow 6 good/respectable individual performances in amongst that woeful team display last night? I do - Brill, Gregan, Jacobsen (apparently), :censored:, Stephens and Abbott.

But thats what I mean, some people seem to think we should be up there if only we had the right manager but i disagree. 6 good players out of a squad of 20 plus is not going to do very well. Even teams in the league below will have a number of good players. Of course not all the players are crap. Its just most of them.