Assessment of the players & manager

Goalkeeper - Rating 4/10

Dean Brill has shown some promise this season with i think he had a run of clean sheets earlier in the season, but obviously his mistakes have cost us many games this season as well. much improved over the last two games

Darryl Flahavan, didn’t make much of impression with me either, still think he did quite well in his time here but the stats don’t lie with him only making one clean sheet whilst here.

Defence - Rating - 6/10

Sean Gregan, my man of the season so far, seems to be one of the only players that gives a s**t about the club. Great signing (if you could say that) and i hope he'll be here next season. silly thing to do today, but was six of one and half a dozen of the other

Rueban Hazell, i just don’t know with him, one game he can be at the top of his game, the next he can be awful. In the match against Tranmere all he seemed to be able to do was lose and/or play a pointless long ball. poor again in my opintion, seems only to lose the ball and is afraid to tackle

Joe Jacobson, can’t really say much about him, but has look good when i have seen him play this season. thought he had a good game today

Holdsworth, seems to me to be a very good player, its obvious he knows what he's doing and looks able to adjust with the team, quite a lot of time on the sidelines though. One of the best of the Huddersfield rejects.

Sheehan, thought he was an excellent player while he was on loan here, would love to have him back anytime. Look great going forward and could provide a brilliant cross, just a shame no one could get onto the end of them!

Lomax has impressed me with his performances, looks so much better than last season, especially when he was run ragged at Huddersfield, i think DP has made a massive improvement to Kelvin's game.

Midfield - Rating - 5/10

Taylor has been very injury prone this season but when he does play it has a big impact on the team in most games, he makes good runs going forward and is unlucky not to score more, still seems to be scared of the box though and would like to see him run in and shoot more often. Would hate to see him leave. was forced out of the game today, didnt do much and still seems to be much of a soft arse

Colbeck, 50/50 player for me on this, seems really rubbish in some parts of his game but when you see him cross a ball in you get really impressed with what he's got. Still don’t think he's league 1 quality.

Furman, made a brilliant start to the season along side Worthington with everyone rating him highly, but this player has turned out to be a let down over recent months and his performances have been rather poor, want to see him play along side Worthington again. poor again, many passes intercepted from him today, seems to play too much one touch football

Worthington, solid hard-hitting midfielder, someone who we need back into the squad, if we got him back I think we may be able to battle with a few more teams and with an extra striker maybe go on to win them.

:censored:, Another hard-hitting midfielder but in my opinion is very good, but doesn’t have the experience like Worthington, would like to see him maybe extend his loan deal to next season if we could because he will be an excellent player in the future and a good player for Blackburn to bring up into their squad.

Smalley, not showing what we saw in him last season, just seems to have gone into 'Keigan Parker mode' with his laziness, would like to see him return to his former self on the right wing. had a good game in my opinion, should of put away his chances

Stephens, I have been really impressed with him and his loan spell at Rochdale seems to have helped as well, would like to see him play more games as well but may be forced out of the team when/if Worthington and Purdie come back from injury. also had a good game today and have been much impressed with him

Whitaker, complete opposite to Stephens, haven’t liked him this season, doesn’t seem to know what he's doing at times and has been a big let down to me, but Penney seems delusional playing him week in week out.

Lee, he is a player i like but others don’t, would much rather have him in my side than Whitaker.

Forwards - Rating - 5/10

Abbott, obviously injury has been a big impact on his season with him hitting six goals before hand, 7 for the season and our top scorer still. Good signing for me, some people may disagree. Knows what he's doing and isn’t afraid to take a chance, this is what I like in a striker. again another player who should of put away his chances, still best of a bad bunch in my opinion

Parker, has to be one of the most lazy players I have ever seen, and isn’t a shadow of what he used to be like in his Blackpool days. I don’t think we should of signed him in the first place but i guess were stuck with him now. Would gladly walk him back to Huddersfield myself. lazy, lazy, lazy. misses too many chances get rid.

Blackman, didn’t really get to see much of him in the six months he was here but seemed to be a good player, great goal at Brentford was the highlight of his stay and would have liked to see him more.

Heffernan, thought he was decent whilst on loan, one goal though doesn’t really impress but could of had more. Would love to see him return and play along side Abbott and get them to have a good partnership up front.

Dave Penney - Rating - 3/10

I like Dave Penney as a man, in his interviews he seems to tell the truth but he seems to be coming to the end of the line with most people losing their rag with him, I just hope he can turn it around because he seems a decent guy. His signings have also been quite bad apart from Abbott & Worthington and possibly Rob Purdie when we finally get to see him. was the final straw for me today i think, maybe will be for others next week. would like to see andy ritchie come in but my only concern is it would be still penneys squad so would there be much off a difference. penney is the way forward to league 2 football!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Just a note to say these are all my opinions and may not be yours, i would like you to discuss what I’ve said and correct me where you think i'm wrong.

This is not a 'Penney Out' thread so if you want to express your views on that would you please take it to another thread, thanks.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

Whitaker, complete opposite to Stephens, haven’t liked him this season, doesn’t seem to know what he's doing at times and has been a big let down to me, but Penney seems delusional playing him week in week out.

Lee, he is a player i like but others don’t, would much rather have him in my side than Whitaker.

i would be the other way round. whitaker tends to drift in and out like taylor but he has been one of the only players when pav was out that had any sort of attacking thoughts.

and lee isnt good enough. he is too lightweight and i dont think he even knows his best position.

i would be the other way round. whitaker tends to drift in and out like taylor but he has been one of the only players when pav was out that had any sort of attacking thoughts.

and lee isnt good enough. he is too lightweight and i dont think he even knows his best position.

I agree in that Whitaker drifts in and isnt afraid to shoot, but i have just thought most of his performances have been shocking.

I rate Lee, think he's a good player, and your right needs to find his best position, and that clearly isnt full back!

I agree in that Whitaker drifts in and isnt afraid to shoot, but i have just thought most of his performances have been shocking.

I rate Lee, think he's a good player, and your right needs to find his best position, and that clearly isnt full back!

if it isnt full back where is it? its not on the wing or wide midfield, and its not in the centre. i cant see him getting a new contract at the end of the season.

Everybody keeps slagging Whitakerbut for the majority of the season Penney has played him out wide left, which isnt his position, when he has played in the centre he has showed some of the promise he showed last season.

he hasnt done badly there either IMO. especially vs mk dons, his assist for parker was fromt he left

i dont think penney could have done much else today. we set out in the first half and created chance only for individuals to mess them up. parker went for glory and failed, smalley messed up and abbott did have the legs to run further.

in the second half we did the sma ebbut with less chance and were penalised for a penalty decision that probably wasnt

Lee's best position is not on the pitch, shocking player (none league soon, if he's lucky).

i dont think penney could have done much else today. we set out in the first half and created chance only for individuals to mess them up. parker went for glory and failed, smalley messed up and abbott did have the legs to run further.

in the second half we did the sma ebbut with less chance and were penalised for a penalty decision that probably wasnt

makes me laugh how many of you that know nothing about football keep backing penney week in week out . the guy is anbsolute tosser that knows f^^k all about football

makes me laugh how many of you that know nothing about football keep backing penney week in week out . the guy is anbsolute tosser that knows f^^k all about football

it makes me laugh how people who also dont know anything about football arent prepared to give a new manager time to turn things around. he is proven at this level with donny and he isnt ideal but we havent got any other choices. we're stuck with penney whether you like it or not. he's not going anywhere soon so live with it.

it makes me laugh how people who also dont know anything about football arent prepared to give a new manager time to turn things around. he is proven at this level with donny and he isnt ideal but we havent got any other choices. we're stuck with penney whether you like it or not. he's not going anywhere soon so live with it.

Proven at this level with Donny with shed loads of money!

after brighton have opened up a 4pt gap on tuesday and we dont beat brentford penney will be going somewhere, the job centre! we do have other choices

JIM GANNON - tosser or not (rumours) he tells it like it is and backs young players to play good football - ripped us to shreds at EP last year.