A few straight questions...?

Stevie_J

Do you believe:  

400 members have voted

1. 1. Latics will be relegated this season?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Penney will be here at the end of the season?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. TTA will be here next season?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Failsworth will ever happen?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Latics will play Championship football in the next five years?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Latics will play League Two football in the next five years?

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Latics will play non-league football in the next five years?

• Yes
    • No

''fans'' you say . . . are you implying we are not fans because we are not happy with the Failsworth situation?

er ...no.

Unless you have decided to be against the "Failsworth situation" before seeing what the plans are. If so then your mind is closed and no plans wil change it. I believe that there are many undecided and the plans will convince them one way or another.

er ...no.

Unless you have decided to be against the "Failsworth situation" before seeing what the plans are. If so then your mind is closed and no plans wil change it. I believe that there are many undecided and the plans will convince them one way or another.

no plans needed in my case

welcome to OWTB by the way

Yes, my mind is closed.

NOTHING will convince me it is a good idea to move to Manchester.

When Latics and City are playing at home on the same day and traffic is horrendous.

When there are kids in fear for their safety because Oldham fans have had the nerve to want a quick pint before the game in Manc territory, and it all kicks off.

When those kids (Or the club's future as I prefer to see them) don't want to go anymore.

When casual football fans realise there is better value a couple of miles down the road.

When the heart of Oldham's sporting past has been ripped out and flung in a corner of Manchester in order that someone can recoup some of the losses from a failed business plan, before fleeing into the night.

Then maybe others won't be as convinced that it is a good idea.

:applause1:

Yes, my mind is closed.

When Latics and City are playing at home on the same day and traffic is horrendous.

When there are kids in fear for their safety because Oldham fans have had the nerve to want a quick pint before the game in Manc territory, and it all kicks off.

When those kids (Or the club's future as I prefer to see them) don't want to go anymore.

When casual football fans realise there is better value a couple of miles down the road.

When the heart of Oldham's sporting past has been ripped out and flung in a corner of Manchester in order that someone can recoup some of the losses from a failed business plan, before fleeing into the night.

spot on :applause1:

You certainly won’t see me venturing into the dark streets of Failsworth without my knife at the ready, and if City are at home probably my gun as well.

Yes, my mind is closed.

Extremely well put.

Yes, my mind is closed.

Great post.

Yes, my mind is closed.

Funny that, because I've driven down past COMS on a match day towards Manchester and I'd never describe it as horrendous. It's far, far worse in the week between 8 and 9am. The access around the proposed development at Lancaster Club is a sinch - TWO motorway junctions just 5 minutes drive away off major artery roads. And Citeh are turning into a monolithic superclub anyway so we'd hardly every play at the same time.

You sound like one of those councillers when the flat proposals at BP first went in during the original development plan. Like an alter-NIMBY if you will. Feels like anyone trying to use this excuse is desperately clutching at straws.

It's a poll full of valid questions, but the one result that stands out at the moment is that 55% do not believe Faillsworth will happen.

That is a vote of no confidence that TTA need to do something about.

Actually, I read that as "Failsworth will never happen?", so I selected 'no' as I think it will happen, rightly or wrongly. Skewed results, no?

Yes, my mind is closed.

You're my new hero.

Why it's wrong in five simple lines.

Without even mentioning capacity... :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Please mods, will you kill this poll? It's like something moving in the corner of my eye, it is past the time when it's useful for it to move up the table of recentl read.

I will now go back to rocking back and forwards in the corner of my ward. Thank you.