Protest at the Brentford game?

Ironically I was thinking on nominating LL, 0000 and an accountant to look at the books!

So less of the bickering you two, you are going to be seeing a bit of each other!

I will do a poll otherwise!

I know you did not want to go 0000, but I think you are not totally on one side or the other and can be very even handed.

LL is clearly quite open, and knowing him better, know he will be objective,

THe accountant is obvious though I know not who

A real sceptic would help, I'd love Rummyto do it.

Why not do this on the auspices of OWTB Investigates and report back as a feature (rather than just a post)

I have nothing really to be suspicious of TTA in regards to there handling of the books. My understanding is that they have been funding the club in the form of director loans to the business in the region of £3 million which is more than reasonable. I have no reason to question the books ?

I don't want to bicker to be honest.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironically I was thinking on nominating LL, 0000 and an accountant to look at the books!

So less of the bickering you two, you are going to be seeing a bit of each other!

I know you did not want to go 0000, but I think you are not totally on one side or the other and can be very even handed.

PRozac is sceptical, but not a natural agitator, but would remeber everything said

Why not do this on the auspices of OWTB Investigates and report back as a feature (rather than just a post)

Two accountants are up for it, one Chartered and one (I think) Certified.TBH we talked about it before Christmas and I just need to get my lazy arse in gear and try to sort it out with the Club. No doubt we will need to agree conditions, I think the offer was specifically to see how the books where and not every aspect of the Club's running, but within that I can't see why other interested parties couldn't come along. I will try an get the ball rolling tonight.

I would for a start... I would imagine there would be around 2,000 queuing up to do it...

I remember asking the same question in 2003 when it appeared to be a given that we would go under and resurface in the NWCL. No-one put their hand up then - let's hope we don't need to find ut for real this time. It's not about being willing to go and support - it's about doing the hard work that woudl be involved in getting going and I very much doubt there would be 2000 up for that.

I remember asking the same question in 2003 when it appeared to be a given that we would go under and resurface in the NWCL. No-one put their hand up then - let's hope we don't need to find ut for real this time. It's not about being willing to go and support - it's about doing the hard work that woudl be involved in getting going and I very much doubt there would be 2000 up for that.

Look at Wimbledon AFC....

Wasn't Jarvis said to be investigating the possibilities at the time? Anyway, we have League status at the moment and owners funding our operating losses at the moment so I don't see that it's an imminent question.

If it ever got to that situation, god hope it dosent, but if it does i for one will still follow the new club around nwcfl, unibond, conference and back to the league.

Human nature. Even in the depths of 2003 no-one truly believed that would happen, so they weren't going to answer what they considered a hypothetical question. And those already involved with the club were too busy dealing with administration and finding a buyer to consider a hypothetical question.

If it happens people will come forward. Not in their thousands, but enough to put the effort in to get it going and to spread the word to get people to come.

PRozac is sceptical, but not a natural agitator, but would remeber everything said

Thanks for the nomination Singe! However, I want to make it clear, rather like the protest march against the council I'm happy to suggest the original idea then allow others to run with it! I'll contribute where I can but any meeting would have to be at a weekend as I simply cannot commit to anything during the week at the moment due to my Uni and teaching commitments. Half-term may be an option but at the moment whilst personally I think a protest is the right way to go we do need to find some common ground and establish just what our grievances are. Some are fed up with the manager, the players, the whole footballing side. Others are fed up with the way the club is being run and have been for some time and some have real grievances against the owners. My issues are a mixture of all. Without common ground being found we cannot move forward.

A mass open forum may be the way to go, if the owners have the stomach for that - get everything out in the open, air grievances and move forward otherwise hear say, rumour and conjecture will continue to fester and deepen the air of gloom strangling the club.

The suggestion of a protest was to simply to test the water, as to how much stomach there was to arrest the apathy around the club - to try and get the stayways involved again, to try and get the various factions amongst the fanbase all singing from the same hymn sheet. We cannot afford to continually haemorrage fans at the alarming rate we are. We either want a club and stand up or be counted or we sit at home sulking and allow the club to die like many did with ORLFC and many of the same people call themselves Latics fans, well you sat on your hands once are you prepared to do that again or are you prepared to let the club know what you think of the current situation? Whining about it on here or trundling round Spindles on a Saturday will do nothing to arrest the slide.

We moan about the players not having any bollocks, that may be true but the amount of bottlers amongst our fanbase is far more concerning...

Edited by oafcprozac

Re: the fact-finding mission, I did say that I would see if Mr Corney would be up for letting me and an accountant take a look at things, I will see if I can get that running asap. Completely open minded either way, whether or not I am anyone's favourite or least favourite poster I hope people will accept that I'm not shy of rocking a boat if I think it needs to be just as I'm not one to see doom and betrayal where there might not be any.

I for one think you'd be ideal to take part in such a task, and it's certainly a preferable course of action than a panic fueled, disjointed protest.

Did you get the ball rolling last night? Reckon Corney will get the bacon butties in?

Thanks for the nomination Singe! However, I want to make it clear, rather like the protest march against the council I'm happy to suggest the original idea then allow others to run with it! I'll contribute where I can but any meeting would have to be at a weekend as I simply cannot commit to anything during the week at the moment due to my Uni and teaching commitments. Half-term may be an option but at the moment whilst personally I think a protest is the right way to go we do need to find some common ground and establish just what our grievances are. Some are fed up with the manager, the players, the whole footballing side. Others are fed up with the way the club is being run and have been for some time and some have real grievances against the owners. My issues are a mixture of all. Without common ground being found we cannot move forward.

A mass open forum may be the way to go, if the owners have the stomach for that - get everything out in the open, air grievances and move forward otherwise hear say, rumour and conjecture will continue to fester and deepen the air of gloom strangling the club.

The suggestion of a protest was to simply to test the water, as to how much stomach there was to arrest the apathy around the club - to try and get the stayways involved again, to try and get the various factions amongst the fanbase all singing from the same hymn sheet. We cannot afford to continually haemorrage fans at the alarming rate we are. We either want a club and stand up or be counted or we sit at home sulking and allow the club to die like many did with ORLFC and many of the same people call themselves Latics fans, well you sat on your hands once are you prepared to do that again or are you prepared to let the club know what you think of the current situation? Whining about it on here or trundling round Spindles on a Saturday will do nothing to arrest the slide.

We moan about the players not having any bollocks, that may be true but the amount of bottlers amongst our fanbase is far more concerning...

So is this a protest against the apathy of our fanbase?

I for one think you'd be ideal to take part in such a task, and it's certainly a preferable course of action than a panic fueled, disjointed protest.

Did you get the ball rolling last night? Reckon Corney will get the bacon butties in?

Why thank you :wub:

Yes, I spoke to Mr Corney last night, we are trying to fix a date up.

Re: bacon butties, as I don't dine on swine we'd better hope that the accountants present have a hearty appetite or there could be some serious wastage going on.