Striker

I just cannot believe that after all this time the striking position has now finally been deemed urgent....Where have you been Penney?... it has been blindingly obvious for months even allowing for Pav's injury that we have needed at least one decent striker in to strengthen the squad.

As usual we are now set to make a last minute panic signing to try and arrest our disaterous slide down the table.

Why can't we be proactive instead of reactive.......just for once!!!!!

Edited by oafc1955

he can't win can he :lol:

(in more ways than one :unsure: )

In fairness he doesnt help himself. We were quick off the mark to sign a midfeilder that we dont need who he plays out of posistion anyway but still hasn't got a forward in.

In fairness he doesnt help himself. We were quick off the mark to sign a midfeilder that we dont need who he plays out of posistion anyway but still hasn't got a forward in.

you have to ask why would we get rid of a stiker (ogrady) without another lined up if our position with strikers is so bad, surely the long term affect of relegation will dwarf the short term income of the transfer?

I just cannot believe that all this time the striking position has now finally been deemed urgent....Where have you been Penney?... it has been blindingly obvious for months even allowing for Pav's injury that we have needed at least one decent striker in to strengthen the squad.

As usual we are now set to make a last minute panic signing to try and arrest our disaterous slide down the table.

Why can't we be proactive instead of reactive.......just for once!!!!!

It doesn't matter if he signs a new striker or not. All he will do is play way to deep and defensive and that is where the problem lies and why we will be relegated unless he is sacked.

the point I was tryng to make was he gets slagged off to high heaven for apparently not seeing we need a striker then gets slagged off when he says we need a striker.

you have to ask why would we get rid of a stiker (ogrady) without another lined up if our position with strikers is so bad, surely the long term affect of relegation will dwarf the short term income of the transfer?

so O'Grady would have been the difference between survival and relegation? :lol:

granted he didn't get a proper chance here but he played plenty for Stockport in this league and did nothing there either - and that's a side where inexperienced players like Oli Johnson (?) and Baker have banged them in/got big moves.

people talk about being worried about the way the club's being run - i'd be VERY worried if we hadn't taken £50k profit on a bad signing.

We seem to be struggling to get a striker in. Or else we'd have one now. Just a sign of the times I think.

I think we forget how low we've sunk, it's times like these when it hits home. Let's hope we don't just bring another uninterested journeyman in though.

so O'Grady would have been the difference between survival and relegation? :lol:

granted he didn't get a proper chance here but he played plenty for Stockport in this league and did nothing there either - and that's a side where inexperienced players like Oli Johnson (?) and Baker have banged them in/got big moves.

people talk about being worried about the way the club's being run - i'd be VERY worried if we hadn't taken £50k profit on a bad signing.

The difference for O'Grady at 'Dale is that he has a manager who believes in him and a decent team to to play in.

Stark contrast to what he would/did have at Latics.

we'll never know, at least we would have a striker playing up front actually in form! me personally i'd like to have waited until we got another striker in before we let him go 50k or not, if we dont get anyone in we're looking doomed, how much will that cost us?!