Official Plea To Stay-Away Fans

... to continue the way the club have over the last year isn't winning over many extras is it?

and thats the whole point of it..the club send out a plea, but the stomachs of many have bloated.

its like being kicked up the arse continually...is funny at first, then it becomes tiresome, then finally you snap.

the club needs to step back and look at it all from the outside in for a change.

Agreed.

I don't have the answer but winning a few games would be a start.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

I don't have the answer but winning a few games would be a start.

as i keep banging on..it all about the product on the pitch-get it attractive to watch, get the results, the crowds will come back.

there is no other formula.

a shiny new ground and continuing :censored:e football = the apathy we feel now.

Cracking post Diego!

At t'footie it doesn't matter if you are the mill owner or the bloke who picks the fluff up off the floor, you are all the same, you are a supporter. When the ball hits the net it doesn't matter whether your bank balance is red or black, for those fleeting seconds everything is blue.

Now isn't the time to cast the club aside as results or matters off the field are to our liking, now is the time when the club needs the supporters the most. If you think we are being railroaded into a doomed Failsworth then it will be too late once it is done. If you think that we need a change of manager then no point telling the wife or most on here, get down the ground and make yourself heard.

Doing nothing gets nothing done.

Season ticket holder for 8 years and I've only been to the MK Dons games this year, I just don't have the desire to go anymore (no protest over TTA, Penny or the stadium move), if anything the way we completely ballsed it up last season vitually finished me off. I still hold an interest in the club because I come on here and listen to Latics Player every week but every defeat or no score drawn is just met with a 'oh well never mind'.

If the Lookers was still standing I believe I would have gone to more games.

I don't know, but I do know of another fictional charachter, also from a WW2 comedy, who may come along and enlighten us all.

When the fans' representative on the board tells us that we should look to Darlington for inspiration, and club spokesmen think that mere exhortation will suffice at this stage in the unfolding disaster, there is no enlightenment to be had.

It angers me when the club and it's representatives point the finger firmly at us fans when the team struggles.

Come and support the team...get behind the lads...if you don't attend you're not a real fan...blah, blah, blah

Wake up and smell the coffee Mr Owen, Mr Hardy, Mr Corney and the others. The fans have already wasted hard-earned money this season and shown their commitment to the cause.

By wasting that money on a manager who's shown an inability to scout new players but rely on old familiar faces who they can't even motivate to deliver on the pitch then they have to hold their hands up and realise that the only solution to this is in their own hands.

Imagine if Cadbury (or any other confectioner) produces a chocolate bar that tastes like :censored: and gave you the runs for days after you ate it. Last year that same bar tasted OK and was starting to appeal to you. However, most of the ingredients are removed and replaced with cut-price ingredients that the newly-employed factory manager used from his old job. The confectioner then advertises that a new factory is to be built sometime in the future that may improve that choccy bar but urges the consumer to carry on buying the current bar until that happens.

Would you expect the consumer to blindly carry on buying it because of brand loyalty?

Forget Failsworth and the future and think about the here and now. Unless the product on the pitch improves dramatically then they'll be no fans to fill it.

Accept that you made yet another mistake and either replace the factory manager who can blend the cut-price ingredients to make the bar more appealing or bring in better quality ingredients.

Don't just exploit the loyalty of the consumer and repay the faith that they have pledged through the money they have spent so far................

Rubicon, crossing of; point of no return, reached; tipping point: For the club, all of those things now lie firmly in the past.

What do people think Barry Owen's statement the other night was all about?

Everything about your posting style reminds me of The Corp

Edited by NIKI1234

:grin:

Corp has not been seen since 21st and this poster joined on the same day... The clues are in the big words and punctuation

He probably wanted to be reset to 'Brian "Killer" Kilcline' and who wouldn't? :lol:

Oh, and keep your eyes out for a "reborn" oafc000 - he'll be back too...

Edited by martjs

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron:

Boundary Park chief executive Alan Hardy admitted: “We realise the team is not playing good football.

“I can’t criticise the fans for not enjoying it and we have to find a remedy.

“But, while understanding their frustration, we need the fans’ support.

“The more support we have, the more it will help the club’s financial situation.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...o-stayaway-fans

I'd rather send a 20 pound note in an envelope post it through then walk up to the White Hart/Grey Mare.