Game off!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm :censored: incensed at this...if that is the offical picture of the covers...why are they only covering part of the pitch?

We need games!!! It's unacceptable this today! We've had weather conditions like this a 100 times before and had games on. Either they didn't put the covers on soon enough, or they did but weren't out on properly, or didn't cover enough of the pitch. They talk about how vital it is to keep Saturday games then this happens. I tell you what!!!...if we were getting 5000+ thru the gate at the mo, this would've been on!!! But as we're getting the same 3600 on Sats as we would Tues now, there seems to have been less effort to make sure today goes ahead. Pathetic! Just had to tell my Brentford mate it's off...how embarrasing!

Can see Tuesday being off aswell at this rate. We've gunna end up bottom with about 6 or 7 games in hand at this rate! Makes Hardy's plea to stayway fans in the Chron the other day a bit of an embarrasment!

Amatuers!!!

Edited by Zorrro

At the risk of being controversial this wouldn't have happened at failsworth :wink:

I wonder how many zeros Failsworth's putting on your bank balance Harry!

Shouldn't have happened here! Can't wait to take our amateurish hollow club down the road....bring it on!

I'm :censored:ing incensed at this...if that is the offical picture of the covers...why are they only covering part of the pitch?

We need games!!! It's unacceptable this today! We've had weather conditions like this a 100 times and had games on. Either they didn't put the covers on soon enough, or they did but weren't out on properly, or didn't before cover enough of the pitch.

*sigh* The covers were on before dinner-time yesterday, so they were on early enough. The covers also cover the whole pitch, the picture is an old one or taken this morning as the covers were removed. Also, the covers were put on properly .. they`ve done it enough times and theres not much you can vary and go wrong with.

Edited by kellys_discopants

I'm guessing if that picture is theis morning they decided only to cov er the area of the pitch that would remain in shade.

Oops.

I was inside the ground this morning when the inspection was on and the areas covered were the parts in the shade in front of the main stand... the coldest areas. The ref must have been on the pitch for about an hour checking it whilst it thawed slightly. It was rock solid in areas where the linesman runs and hard around the goal areas. I'm not surprised it is off, and you can't blame the club.

*sigh* The covers were on before dinner-time yesterday, so they were on early enough. The covers also cover the whole pitch, the picture is an old one or taken this morning as the covers were removed. Also, the covers were put on properly .. they`ve done it enough times and theres not much you can vary and go wrong with.

If there was any doubt about today, they should've been on early in the week when temps where higher! When Hardy was making his rallying call...

Edited by boundaryblue80

If there was any doubt about today. they should've been on since Weds when temps where higher! When Hardy was making his rallying call...

If they were put on yesterday, or on Wednesday it wouldnt have made any difference what-so-ever. The pitch wasn`t frozen when the covers went on, last nights cold weather froze the pitch over-night, not wednesdays.

Maybe they should have put up a picture of the whol pitch covered then... :wink:

Is it really that much colder than everywhere else in League One? Only game called off as yet.

I wonder what time Carlisle are telling Leyton Orient that their game is off???............