Euro 2012 draw

easy group that we should win it with ease. Even easier than the world cup qualifers.

Wasn't that what we said after the draw for the last Euro qualifiers? Bulgaria have some good players and can be dangerous on their day the swiss are the swiss- quite hard to beat and Wales always play well against the English.

When watching the draw it turned out that Armenia were not allowed to draw Azerbaijan (which created a minor complication when they did). Clearly a Philistine in respect to my knowledge of the topic, I just googled it and had a quick read up. What I don't understand is that whilst relations are clearly still rather fraught, why can't they play eachother?! Even in a neutral location if it was too dangerous for a team to play away in the other country...football and politics are usually seen as seperate as far as I'm aware.

And if this is the rule, can we start a war with Spain to avoid ever having to play them in qualifying?

When watching the draw it turned out that Armenia were not allowed to draw Azerbaijan (which created a minor complication when they did). Clearly a Philistine in respect to my knowledge of the topic, I just googled it and had a quick read up. What I don't understand is that whilst relations are clearly still rather fraught, why can't they play eachother?! Even in a neutral location if it was too dangerous for a team to play away in the other country...football and politics are usually seen as seperate as far as I'm aware.

And if this is the rule, can we start a war with Spain to avoid ever having to play them in qualifying?

we can't draw spain as they are seeded like us.

There was something about Gerogia and Russia avoiding each other too. I think it may have had soemthing to do with where the championships are being held as well. After all Engalnd have drawn Germany and the Balkan states seemingly used to draw each other all the time. Seems silly to me but when has UEFA ever made sense?

...football and politics are usually seen as seperate as far as I'm aware....

Just ask Togo!!

How the hell can FIFA allow this to be a formal, politically motivated, regulation but stand by and what a distraught country like Togo be thrown out of a competition for two years.

Shocking.

we can't draw spain as they are seeded like us.

Well they were this time but you can't know what will happen by next time. I think a carpet bombing of Madrid is necessary just to eradicate any possibility of meeting them in the near future.

Well they were this time but you can't know what will happen by next time. I think a carpet bombing of Madrid is necessary just to eradicate any possibility of meeting them in the near future.

This was colin murray's joke on radio 5 this morning during the coverage, he publically declared war on all the countries in the top two seeded groups to ease NI's cause...

To be quite frank, it is ridiculous... If you can't guarantee the safety of every other nation in the tournament you shouldn't be in the tournament, or the games should be played behind closed doors..

Interestingly, they also said that the previous day to each major draw they have a full public run through. In yesterdays Ireland drew France- shame it didn't happen in the real one!