Marmite Scientific Survey

Marmite North-South Divide  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which best describes you?

• I am a Northerner, and I love Marmite.
    • I am a Northerner, and I detest Marmite.
    • I am a Southerner, and I love Marmite.
    • I am a Southerner, and I detest Marmite.
    • I am from the midlands, inconsequentially.

I presume you are only a Southerner if you were either born down South o have chosen to betray your heritage by doing things like eating Marmite having moved down here?

People can decide for themselves. But if, say, you've lived in the south for nigh on 10 years, which is nearly a third of your life, you'd be deluded and a bit sad if you called yourself a northerner.

People can decide for themselves. But if, say, you've lived in the south for nigh on 10 years, which is nearly a third of your life, you'd be deluded and a bit sad if you called yourself a northerner.

Even if all your suvvern mates still call you a norvern mankey? :unsure:

Even if all your suvvern mates still call you a norvern mankey? :unsure:

They don't call him that, he disguises himself with a Southern accent and a Marmite habit.

He's obviously trying to warp the statistics by including OASIS boys as Southerners, although most of us have kept our intregity and moral compass and say No to Marmite.

They don't call him that, he disguises himself with a Southern accent and a Marmite habit.

He's obviously trying to warp the statistics by including OASIS boys as Southerners, although most of us have kept our intregity and moral compass and say No to Marmite.

The data are unclear at the moment, but a pattern is emerging. There's a 50:50 split in the Northern Monkey section.

The main thing I'm taking from the results so far is that there are no midlanders, therefore Diego does not exist.

I've not been back very long from Oldham and I'm confronted with this conundrum.

It refers to Northerners and Southerners but not Midlanders (despite garcon's misread of the poll). It refers to people 'from the Midlands'. Does that include people who come from the Midlands but now live in the North or the South?

There is a thread on here somewhere in which I proved that Oldham is in the North Midlands, because it's nowhere near the Lake District, Carlisle, Darlington, Newcastle, etc. Burton is in the Mid-Midlands and Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire. Wiltshire, Bekshire etc are in the South Midlands.

This poll is obviously flawed and cannot produce a conclusive answer to the North v South question.

For the record, I'm a Northerner who has lived in the Mid-Midlands for 45 years and I hate Marmite. B)

I've not been back very long from Oldham and I'm confronted with this conundrum.

It refers to Northerners and Southerners but not Midlanders (despite garcon's misread of the poll). It refers to people 'from the Midlands'. Does that include people who come from the Midlands but now live in the North or the South?

There is a thread on here somewhere in which I proved that Oldham is in the North Midlands, because it's nowhere near the Lake District, Carlisle, Darlington, Newcastle, etc. Burton is in the Mid-Midlands and Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire. Wiltshire, Bekshire etc are in the South Midlands.

This poll is obviously flawed and cannot produce a conclusive answer to the North v South question.

For the record, I'm a Northerner who has lived in the Mid-Midlands for 45 years and I hate Marmite. B)

Don't force me to issue a pro-Diego post. I'm not strong enough at the moment :wink:

I showed some some time hence that "the Midlands" was proved to be nothing more than a combination of your cupboard over the storage heater and an inconvenient feeling and sense of general unease felt by both Southerners and Northerners whilst wondering why their journey hadn't ended yet. It's more a state of mind which, if overcome through public health measures, could cut the travel time from Manc to London to around 45 minutes, or less with new technology

Edited by leeslover

I am a Northerner, and can only eat Marmite in tiny amounts, spread on toast, and eaten with a boiled egg. This in nice. Otherwise, marmite is rancid.

Can we not have an option on the poll for that? Call it ambivalence, if you will :wink:

I am a Northerner, and can only eat Marmite in tiny amounts, spread on toast, and eaten with a boiled egg. This in nice. Otherwise, marmite is rancid.

Can we not have an option on the poll for that? Call it ambivalence, if you will :wink:

Honourary Midlander I think.

Leeslover reckons there is a north-south divide on the Marmite question. I disagree. This scientific poll may spur one of us to offer the other an unsettleable or otherwise stupid wager.

What if you're "ex-pat"? Northern hemisphere? Northern part of the country of residence? :grin:

That makes you a connes... a coinuse... a conness...

...a Marmite consumer of taste and culture.