Next week's team?

Despite the fact that the team have been carrying Smalley for much of the season I fully expect Penny will send out an unchanged team next week. If he doesn't fancy Smalley then he would have replaced him much earlier today, but IMO he's our weak link and I don't believe Colbeck or Parker are the answer.

Right or wrong?

Edited by hollandspies

Despite the fact that the team have been carrying Smalley for much of the season I fully expect Penny will send out an unchanged team next week. If he doesn't fancy Smalley then he would have replaced him much earlier today, but IMO he's our weak link and I don't believe Colbeck or Parker are the answer.

Right or wrong?

i think penney gave smalley a chance todya and he didnt take it. when colbeck came on he looked like he wanted to play. id play colbeck ahead fo him or whalley if we sign him

id play c olbeck. before his injury he was settling in nicly starting to put in some ghood performances and he loves a atckle need a few more with the sort of passion* he shows. also i agree he realy looked like he wanted a spot in the team when he came on. hes certainly won me over. i was slagging him off when he first arrived but i think he has gone a long way to proving me and a lot of others wrong

*maybe a bit over the top

Colbeck over Smalley but given the state of Colchester's pitch, I reckon :censored: will be in contention to start as an extra scrapper in midfield.

I would tend to agree but hasn't Penny fallen out with :censored: over an alleged new years eve fisticuffs? Time to make up?

Yeah, I'd go with that team. I've no idea if Whaley is that good a player — I hope people aren't expecting miracles if he does sign — but Smalley clearly isn't working out. If we don't land Whaley I'd prefer to see Colbeck starting.

but whalley carnt be as bad as smalley to be honest, if we dont sign whalley then colbeck instead of whalley on that team