Safe = ? Points

Didn't sound any easier the second time. :grin:

I think 50 will be right on the cusp, 20th or 21st by goal difference or a point. 52 should see us safe. Early in the season, Penney mentioned 54 points - that would be well and truly safe.

So, taking 52 points it's 20 points from 18 games. I went through the fixture list very quickly and decided we're going to need to pull one or two good results out of the bag to make that 20 points. Far from impossible, but far from easy.

I went through the fixture list very quickly and decided we're going to need to pull one or two good results out of the bag to make that 20 points. Far from impossible, but far from easy.

Hmmm...

Colchester 0

Leeds 0

Norwich 0

Exeter 1

Orient 3

Wycombe 3

Stockport 1

Brighton 1

Brentford 3

Gillingham 3

Udders 0

Bristol Rov 1

MkDonalds 0

Carlisle 0

So'ton 0

Sarfend 3

Yo!Ville 1

Charlton 0

20 points. Piece of piss.

Didn't sound any easier the second time. :grin:

I think 50 will be right on the cusp, 20th or 21st by goal difference or a point. 52 should see us safe. Early in the season, Penney mentioned 54 points - that would be well and truly safe.

So, taking 52 points it's 20 points from 18 games. I went through the fixture list very quickly and decided we're going to need to pull one or two good results out of the bag to make that 20 points. Far from impossible, but far from easy.

Exactly why we need to head over to Leeds (1 win in 7 league games) United with a will to win.

I know haha, damn touch screen phone!

True what you say about the fixtures. Our next 3 games are tough and then there’s also a few games near the end of the season which will also be difficult (i.e. Southampton, Charlton...).

That said, this league is full of surprises and anyone can beat anyone on their day!

How many points needed to have a stab at the play off?

:petesake:

99/00 82

00/01 75

01/02 78

02/03 82

03/04 73 Bring it on!

04/05 71 Yeah, game on

05/06 71 You know it can be done

06/07 75

07/08 76

08/09 76

So 76 will get you a place 7/10.

20 games 46 points.

We can draw 8 games of those 20 game in our unbeaten run to the end of the seaon.

Or

our Feb 2010 form of W2L1 will take us within 6 points!

99/00 82

00/01 75

01/02 78

02/03 82

03/04 73 Bring it on!

04/05 71 Yeah, game on

05/06 71 You know it can be done

06/07 75

07/08 76

08/09 76

So 76 will get you a place 7/10.

20 games 46 points.

We can draw 8 games of those 20 game in our unbeaten run to the end of the seaon.

Or

our Feb 2010 form of W2L1 will take us within 6 points!

no ambition, how many points to win the league?

How many points do we need in total to be deemed ''safe'' ?

More points than the team that finishes 21st.

I don't really like setting points targets. Crystal Palace did a lap of honour after reaching their points target in 1993 and look how that turned out. :grin:

Edited by rosa

More points than the team that finishes 21st.

I don't really like setting points targets. Crystal Palace did a lap of honour after reaching their points target in 1993 and look how that turned out. :grin:

Doesn't top Man :censored:ty running the clock down when they needed to score :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: