dave doesn't care

what supporters think,according to the local rag ....If he feels that he needs to replace a player to win a game then he will...Well done dave,Just a word of caution brian ronald and john didn'tcare either

Who has the power??? :grin:

Ultimately we the fans have this 'power' - if the results (or performances) are so bad then we the fans will voice our displeasure and ultimately the owners will have to act - simples :wink:

I agree the manager should do what he thinks is right to win a game and not make decisions just to please the fans but the way he then expresses this in the media needs to change.

He can't say " I don't give a monkeys what the fans think " because it just alienates people straight away, a simple " I can understand the fan's frustrations as Furman was having a great game but I just felt Whittaker gives us a better chance of a goal in a game it was vital we won " and there would be no problem.

I agree the manager should do what he thinks is right to win a game and not make decisions just to please the fans but the way he then expresses this in the media needs to change.

He can't say " I don't give a monkeys what the fans think " because it just alienates people straight away, a simple " I can understand the fan's frustrations as Furman was having a great game but I just felt Whittaker gives us a better chance of a goal in a game it was vital we won " and there would be no problem.

Agreed, Penneys attitude has me baffled so far this season, the body language of the hand in pocket 90% of the time and that annoying smirk at everything. It sometimes just seems to be a big jolly up to him and his boys on the touchline. Definately no rapport with the fans for me which is certainly something which he needs to improve on. If he doesn't agree with the stick he is getting why not issue a statement like the one above rather than his stubborn 'I don't give a monkeys' quote.

I don't care what he does to get the results but lets not be a child about it eh!

Also why i'm on a rant I am sick of Czukman wearing those bleeding tights, just stick some trakkie bottoms on instead of looking like an overgrown ballerina!

Agreed, Penneys attitude has me baffled so far this season, the body language of the hand in pocket 90% of the time and that annoying smirk at everything. It sometimes just seems to be a big jolly up to him and his boys on the touchline. Definately no rapport with the fans for me which is certainly something which he needs to improve on. If he doesn't agree with the stick he is getting why not issue a statement like the one above rather than his stubborn 'I don't give a monkeys' quote.

I don't care what he does to get the results but lets not be a child about it eh!

Also why i'm on a rant I am sick of Czukman wearing those bleeding tights, just stick some trakkie bottoms on instead of looking like an overgrown ballerina!

another part to add to this would be the length of his programme notes. there are significantly less than when john sheridan was manager, and to be honest, i used to enjoy them as the main part of the programme.

The owners. And I think they've finally learnt that football fans are stupid and should be ignored at all costs when it comes to footballing matters.

You could be right there, i mean we keep stumping up £20 each game to watch the tripe that's been on offer this season.

Take fans for granted at your peril.

another part to add to this would be the length of his programme notes. there are significantly less than when john sheridan was manager, and to be honest, i used to enjoy them as the main part of the programme.

:lol:

Do you honestly believe Shez wrote those? He'd need a ghost writer to write a cheque.

what supporters think,according to the local rag ....If he feels that he needs to replace a player to win a game then he will...Well done dave,Just a word of caution brian ronald and john didn'tcare either

Who has the power??? :grin:

Hmm, that's not actually what he said though is it. Still, if it's what you wanted to hear to fuel your pre-formed opinion, go with it. It'll keep you happy.

Bonkers opinion - why the hell should Penney pander to fans who regularly accuse him of not having a clue? Why should he have to pacify people after he made a change that lost us nothing and we won the game?

WHAT THE FUDGE ARE YOU LOT SNIFFING?!

Sorry, I am reaching the point of no return with the amount of nonsense some Latics fans spout and I am baffled as to the massive arrogance of people who suggest that Penney should have to manage the fans. Judge the guy off his results, deflate your egos and stop talking ballcocks.

Bonkers opinion - why the hell should Penney pander to fans who regularly accuse him of not having a clue? Why should he have to pacify people after he made a change that lost us nothing and we won the game?

Sorry, I am reaching the point of no return with the amount of nonsense some Latics fans spout and I am baffled as to the massive arrogance of people who suggest that Penney should have to manage the fans. Judge the guy off his results, deflate your egos and stop talking ballcocks.

We are -

8 wins

8 draws

12 loses

24 goals scored - less than 1 goal per match not sure on the ratio but something like 0.7/0.8/0.9 goals per game

Also when managers judged of result doesnt always matter about results as ronnie found out

We are -

8 wins

8 draws

12 loses

24 goals scored - less than 1 goal per match not sure on the ratio but something like 0.7/0.8/0.9 goals per game

Also when managers judged of result doesnt always matter about results as ronnie found out

My, what a predictable response that misses the point Bob.

The point is; by all means attack Penney's performance as manager if you think we are dull / crap / poorly prepared, but do not expect the man to pander to the whims of fans who know cock all about football.

Let's face it, we are the club that hounded out the best right back in the league...

My, what a predictable response that misses the point Bob.

The point is; by all means attack Penney's performance as manager if you think we are dull / crap / poorly prepared, but do not expect the man to pander to the whims of fans who know cock all about football.

Let's face it, we are the club that hounded out the best right back in the league...

:lol: haha, yeah, ok...jog on.....

Edited by shefflatic

My, what a predictable response that misses the point Rob.

How does it miss the point?

You said judge penney of results, so the stats i showed allows us to judge him of the results!

So obviously doesnt miss the point.

The point you then say attack his performance as manager etc, well thats just completely changed your first point, make your mind up? Also

'if you think we are dull' well i dont think that, i know that we are dull, so do the majority of fans.

Football is a results based business! Penny made a sub and we still won the game...you can't criticise that! If on the other hand, the substitution contributed to us losing the game then it is fair game to have a go at the manager. My personal opinion is if it looks like we going to be relegated to league 2, and at the moment I don't think we will, then we have nothing to lose but to get rid. However, I'll be happy to give Penney another season should we manage to starve of relegation.

I do not, I repeat do not, wish to be playing in League 2 next season at all costs!!!

Edited by laticsmad

Thats what people are doing mate. Wake up and smell the bacon and look at the league table???? No??? The sooner you happy clappers knock on for Ronnie Real the better. :lol: