My ex-bird shagged a mate, therefore I'm quitting.

:bigcry:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/fe...land-john-terry

I appluad anyone who puts their principles first.

Ex or not, if Terry hadn't done anything wrong then he wouldn't have been stripped of the captaincy.

Respect to Wayne Bridge, and I'd have lost respect for Terry had I had any to lose.

Wonder who will play left back for the Sky 4 Anglo-Italians now? Couldn't give a flying :censored: myself.

I would hardly put it past Terry to have moved so swiftly following their break-up that there could even have been an overlap, we don't know the full extent of whats gone on. Ideally Bridge would have blacked it out and played on but it might have ended up screwing up both of their games. It's not just about the 90 minutes, it's the weeks together in the WC camps, sitting at the same table, training, bonding exercises, other players would be bound to take one side or another and it wouldn't be good.

I would hardly put it past Terry to have moved so swiftly following their break-up that there could even have been an overlap, we don't know the full extent of whats gone on. Ideally Bridge would have blacked it out and played on but it might have ended up screwing up both of their games. It's not just about the 90 minutes, it's the weeks together in the WC camps, sitting at the same table, training, bonding exercises, other players would be bound to take one side or another and it wouldn't be good.

Exactly.

Plus, I dont know if anyone has noticed, but Wayne bridge is a bit crap anyway....

Would much rather see Stephen Warnock or Leighton Baines given a shot....

Fabio should now ask all his players if John Terry being in the squad causes a problem. If it is a problem, then drop him. If it isn't, then keep him. However, if it does turn out that there is a problem and he needs to drop him, Wayne Bridge should not be allowed back in. If he doesn't want to represent the country because his team mate nobbled his ex, then sod him.

Fabio should now ask all his players if John Terry being in the squad causes a problem. If it is a problem, then drop him. If it isn't, then keep him.

No way Jose. Fabio should decide what's best and watch the squad fall into line.

However, if it does turn out that there is a problem and he needs to drop him, Wayne Bridge should not be allowed back in. If he doesn't want to represent the country because his team mate nobbled his ex, then sod him.

What the :censored: is "Bridge" thinking? He's meant to be a bleedin' professional, but when it comes to it he puts his own all-too-grand sense of grievance before England bloody football. Incredible!

IIRC - and my memory is shocking since I drained it all into Wikipedia - Michel Platini's wife (not his ex-bird) was having an affair with another France player during the 1984 European championships. Did he cry off? Or did he just crap all over everyone in centre mid and win his team, including his wife's :censored: buddy, the tournament?

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

IIRC - and my memory is shocking since I drained it all into Wikipedia - Michel Platini's wife (not his ex-bird) was having an affair with another France player during the 1984 European championships. Did he cry off? Or did he just crap all over everyone in centre mid and win his team, including his wife's :censored: buddy, the tournament?

This was referred to in todays (or yesterdays ( :unsure: ) Grauniad). The affair happened before that and said player was in fact dropped from the French 1982 World Cup squad in response. Presumably it was all water under the bridge (BOOM BOOM) two years later. Frenchmen expect their wives to be having affairs anyway, on the basis that they are themselves all diddling at least one other blokes missus.

What the :censored: is "Bridge" thinking? He's meant to be a bleedin' professional, but when it comes to it he puts his own all-too-grand sense of grievance before England bloody football. Incredible!

Or maybe he knows that it'll have a negative effect on the team spirit if him and Terry are in the same squad and Terry's not going to get dropped,and he's putting what's best for the England team before his own personal ambition?

Or maybe he knows that it'll have a negative effect on the team spirit if him and Terry are in the same squad and Terry's not going to get dropped,and he's putting what's best for the England team before his own personal ambition?

Sure right yeah. Because professional sport at the top level is all about selflessness.