Latics Lotto

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Franny not become involved in that?

Afaik he admimisters the lotto collections. With winners not being paid and the club only getting £40 a week (and iirc they give lotto collectors a freebie ticket) you have to wonder if this scheme is not worth the hassle.

Afaik he admimisters the lotto collections. With winners not being paid and the club only getting £40 a week (and iirc they give lotto collectors a freebie ticket) you have to wonder if this scheme is not worth the hassle.

It certainly doesn't look worthwile does it......eh hang on, i'd better stop my subscription :blink:

Blimey just how :censored: do the collectors who are loyal Tics feel right now. This is totally unacceptable and I cannot believe the club actually endorsed this in the first place. Clearly allowed fans to believe it was a club driven scheme when it's nothing of the sort, Shocking in my view.

Blimey just how :censored: do the collectors who are loyal Tics feel right now. This is totally unacceptable and I cannot believe the club actually endorsed this in the first place. Clearly allowed fans to believe it was a club driven scheme when it's nothing of the sort, Shocking in my view.

It's on all the leaflets, tickets, and everything else that it is run by NWSDA and that it gives some of the money to Latics.

It's on all the leaflets, tickets, and everything else that it is run by NWSDA and that it gives some of the money to Latics.

Mud sticks. Lets see who signs up to the next new Latics Lotto and which collectors walk the street in hail and rain to collect. Honestly Real you're the best spin doctor the club as.

Maybe that's the aim, mud sticking. Nothing surprises me about the club at present. Now having had a chat with persons connected with NWSDA I've come to the conclusion that persons from the club and that organisation need to sit down and decide whats true and whats not. Also person connected with NWSDA need to all know exactly whats paid out, where and how and what funds are raised as a bottom line.

After reading this I canned the standing order on my online banking, then managed to find the following page...

http://66.102.9.132/search?q=cache:LK04UYq...=clnk&gl=uk

I called the number on there, left a message telling them that I will no longer be playing, I suggest that you all do the same.

This was the info, to cut to the chase.

0161 624 4666

franny.ward@btinternet.com

After reading this I canned the standing order on my online banking, then managed to find the following page...

http://66.102.9.132/search?q=cache:LK04UYq...=clnk&gl=uk

I called the number on there, left a message telling them that I will no longer be playing, I suggest that you all do the same.

Never believe everything you read till you know the facts J

Never believe everything you read till you know the facts J

I agree in general, but this story was on the official site, there must be a valid reason that the club wrote the artical (hopefully).

Anyway, binned it now. £4.34 in my pocket every month!

I agree in general, but this story was on the official site, there must be a valid reason that the club wrote the artical (hopefully).

Anyway, binned it now. £4.34 in my pocket every month!

Last night I received a call from someone from the lotto. He told me I could quote his name and many things that he went on to say to me, but I don't think I should really. Suffice to say that I have heard another side to the story, it was quite eye opening, and that a letter is going out to explain the situation. Also I will not be playing any new lotto that is affiliated with another sports club...

However, I had already cancelled my standing order, which I think was the correct decision as I don't want to get in the middle of yet another issue at the club. I won't be playing any future lotto associated with the Latics any more. I am fed up with the way things are going at our club at the moment, never felt this despondent about it before and fear the worst for it.

Anyway, look out for the other side of the story via letter/newspaper article.

My apologies to the people who run the lotto for accepting what I read on the official site as the truth, it seems you can't even rely on that any more.

Last night I received a call from someone from the lotto. He told me I could quote his name and many things that he went on to say to me, but I don't think I should really. Suffice to say that I have heard another side to the story, it was quite eye opening, and that a letter is going out to explain the situation. Also I will not be playing any new lotto that is affiliated with another sports club...

However, I had already cancelled my standing order, which I think was the correct decision as I don't want to get in the middle of yet another issue at the club. I won't be playing any future lotto associated with the Latics any more. I am fed up with the way things are going at our club at the moment, never felt this despondent about it before and fear the worst for it.

Anyway, look out for the other side of the story via letter/newspaper article.

My apologies to the people who run the lotto for accepting what I read on the official site as the truth, it seems you can't even rely on that any more.

Indeed. One alleged allegation I was told was quite unbelieveable in all honesty. One so serious if true that it shouldn't be written on here and rocked me to the core. I sincerely hope the person who told me this takes the knowledge further and deals with it accordingly.

NWSDA has now been advised that they must not use the clubs registered trade mark "Latics" in association with the Lottery with immediate effect.

Whose trade mark? seems to me someone was`nt doing their job in 2005 eh!

http://www.start.biz/trade_marks/tmsearch_...icnum%3D2383355

Indeed, Athletic have no such trade mark and should not be stating that they do on their website, unless they want an infringement suit on their hands.

The only UK mark the club owns is Oldham Athletic AFC.

Indeed, Athletic have no such trade mark and should not be stating that they do on their website, unless they want an infringement suit on their hands.

The only UK mark the club owns is Oldham Athletic AFC.

Is it not Oldham Athletic 2004 AFC. I wouldnt be suprised if they dont even own Oldham Athletic..... Even Owtb has been trade marked :wink:

This lotto situation I feel will blow up in the face of the club.

I'm sure the full facts will come to light within the next 24 hrs.

"It is fair to say that the club has not been happy with the administration of the Lottery and has been trying to arrange a meeting with NWSDA for over 3 months but to no avail."

Suprised me this has the main administrator of the Lotto works at the club on match days :unsure:

"

In 2009 the club received just £2,000 from the NWSDA which equates to just £40 per week."

I know this is untrue, the lotto committee gave £8000 to the Youth set up. It was also planned for a further £2000 to be given to the club on Boxing Day. This request was refered by the club :unsure:

This was a Giant mistake surely????

Is it not Oldham Athletic 2004 AFC. I wouldnt be suprised if they dont even own Oldham Athletic.....

Both Oldham Athletic AFC and Oldham Athletic A.F.C., which are effectively identical, in different classes (for different types of goods). Nothing else.

Even Owtb has been trade marked :wink:

Not true, mate... :blink:

Both Oldham Athletic AFC and Oldham Athletic A.F.C., which are effectively identical, in different classes (for different types of goods). Nothing else.

Not true, mate... :blink:

Jeff owns Owtb trade name ?

edit

Jeff does own a trade mark that incorporates Owtb .... god it all gets confusing :lol:

Haven't been on here for quite some time as everything I hear about the club is really getting on my nerves.

I think certain members of staff within the club need to grow some big hairy balls, act like men and realise that they aren't 6 in the playground at school again.

Oh and the fans aren't as stupid as you think we are.

Things like this, the will they won't they new ground planning housing farce has really put me off being a Latics fan. Not the bad football. All the crap behind the scenes.

Smacks to me of people who want out and are slowly but surely killing stuff along the way.

Girly rant, but I've had enough. :ranting:

:ranting: being an agent i am absolutely disgusted with some of the comments people who know nothing about the lotto have put on here! i work damn hard collecting that money as i have for the last 4 years! all my members (which are 156 members as i collect a few rounds) are happy with how the lotto is run which i know as i have collected this week. of course the club will put something on their site about the lotto not paying out prizes as they want to make there own lotto by getting rid of the current one which not only raises money for the club (which they refused to take at christmas and will now be gladly given to the youth development direct) but everyone seems to forget about the money it has raised for the samatha jones trust!!!! the club wants a new lotto which WON'T give any money to charity but just fill their own pockets which is what the club has become all about recently i.e new ground etc. and of course they will write it on the website as we have no place to reply to that!!! i personally gave one of my members a cheque for 300 pounds a few weeks ago which the member greatly recieved so those who want to write snidey comments on here get your facts right!!! also, those who have made comments about saving 4.34 a month or whatever go for it i hope ur numbers come out for the 5 grand prize next week which you wont win because you have cancelled it because your being so bitter !!!! As for what they said about no one from the club being directly involved what an absolute load of rubbish that is, the NWSD have always ran the lotto the club are making out its a recent thing!!! :ranting: