Out of Interest regarding LW

LW Match coverage  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever decided to listen via LW instead of attending a match live

• Never
    • Once
    • Twice
    • + Five

As anyone ever thought of listening to the match on LW and not gone along to BP ? If so how many times. Given the small amount of money to subscribe compared to admission cost could this service by hurting revenue streams?

I think I'll add a poll.

Edited by Lags

I have just voted 5+ however it is slightly misleading as I live in Warwick and often work in London so struggle to get back for night games. I do have a ST though so the club don't loose.

I also haven't been to many away games this year choosing to listen to LW. It helps me keep playing on a Sunday am without too much grief from the missus and little one ;-)

That's fair enough if your ill beag, (unless it's a hangover or an std in which case you should drag your arse down there, i know i have, :grin: )

What I find hard to take is ppl who could go but don't for all sorts of spurious reasons, like they don't rate the manager for example...I seriously don't get that at all, surely you support the team not the guy in the dugout..i even went when Ritchie was in charge for gawdsakes.

Twice

Once during 07/08 we beat Bournmemouth 2-0 with a brace of Eards pens (my dissertation was due that week and I was furiously editing it)

Last season v Scunny (Lew's hat-trick) was snowed under with work and couldn't justify giving an evening up - more fool me.

Missed 4 home games in 13 years so not doing too badly. Although the four I've missed were 3 wins and the 3-3 thriller v Orient.

I had to miss Tuesday's game and stay in with my 7yr old. I could clearly see the floodlights shining from my window, and as a ST holder I really wanted to be there.

However, after settling down with a bottle of red, and listening to Mike and Roy's biased commentary on LW, I actually didn't feel I'd missed much, especially as I can also watch the extended highlights.

It's an uncomfortable feeling after 40 years of watching Latics, that I wasn't climbing the walls knowing they were playing only a few hundred yards away and I couldn't go.

You might have a point Lags, there could well be a few who'd rather pay a few pence a week for LW than £20 a time for match tickets.

What I find hard to take is ppl who could go but don't for all sorts of spurious reasons, like they don't rate the manager for example...I seriously don't get that at all, surely you support the team not the guy in the dugout..i even went when Ritchie was in charge for gawdsakes.

I think you'll find most absentees don't go as they find it plain boring and have better things to do and/or spend their money on.

Some then attribute the root cause of their apathy to the manager - there's a subtle difference between this and "not going as they don't rate the manager".

Now do you seriously get it, Dumbo?

To answer Lag's question; I tend to listen to LW for away games. When I've been too disinterested to attend home games I've also been too disinterested to sit at home listening to LW. If I had the desire to do that I'd just go to BP - the £20 is largely immaterial to me.

I do think LW could, and probably should, be a little more expensive.

How many subscribers does it have? Ahem, Ackey?

Twice

Once during 07/08 we beat Bournmemouth 2-0 with a brace of Eards pens (my dissertation was due that week and I was furiously editing it)

Last season v Scunny (Lew's hat-trick) was snowed under with work and couldn't justify giving an evening up - more fool me.

Missed 4 home games in 13 years so not doing too badly. Although the four I've missed were 3 wins and the 3-3 thriller v Orient.

Fancy missing this Saturdays Prozac,?just to ensure we get a win and hopefully a high scoring one!!!

As anyone ever thought of listening to the match on LW and not gone along to BP ? If so how many times. Given the small amount of money to subscribe compared to admission cost could this service by hurting revenue streams?

I think I'll add a poll.

I know this poll wasn't intended for exiles but I voted 5+ anyway.

Being geographically challenged, I've missed quite a few home matches. I've had LW/LP in its various guises over the years since, oh, since when it was free! :wink: This season I've been a bit of a "stay away" through serious lack of interest in the club - I even missed a home match when I was over in September. I went on the lash with my mates instead... and we lost 3-0 at home.

Responding to your last question: if they stop doing the commentary, it still won't be enough to make me attend... :lol:

Edited by martjs

I only listen to games now on LW. It's more enjoyable and much cheaper than going to a game. Latics should scale down plans on the new stadium just get the game online. You wouldn't need stewards/police etc, No pies would go to waste, you could stand up whenever and if anyone annoys you can put them on ignore!

twice both times this season,i`ll be honest this is a poor oldham side,i`ve been going religously for 30+ yrs mostly as a season ticket holder (including this season) but when you get home from work at 6:30 on a cold tues night then have to rush round getting your tea,showered etc. i thought **** it,i`ll be there today though ;)