Eaves and Millar

+1, never heard of millar before but he did well

Yep - agreed. Eaves looked a handful when he came on and showed some good touches. Millar looked pretty composed on the ball. Both bring some badly needed passion to the team.

to be honest eaves looked better than abbott aswel as parker not suggesting he is ready to lead the line yet but it doesnt say alot for abbott, allegedly are bet striker, when an 18 year old comes off the bench for 20 mins and puts in a better shift than him

Woah - let's not get carried away - Eaves came on and showed a desire to get to the ball with some nice touches - but he looked like a typical big back to the goal striker which is not what we need - he is too much like Abbott in his style of play.

Not the answer I think.

Its nice to see Tom and Kirk do well for us.Its a credit to Dux and his reserve team and at least they are our players!

It's a credit to Tony P, more than Dux, how good Tom is. Don't forget Tony was an pretty decent striker in his day and knows exactly what he's doing in bringing Tom through.

Yesterday was just the sort of thing Tom needs. There's a long way for him to come and he's certainly not ready to be the goalscorer we need. But he will be, soon enough.

Kirks a great player for his age. He reminds me of Taylor when he first came through, only I'd say he's better at being in and around the box than Taylor is.

He, again, is very young and very 'raw' but will come of age over the next couple of years. He's one of two young Irish players (McGrath - who's injured at the moment) who we have coming through with real promise - shows those who bleat on about signing players from nonleague and such that we do actually go out and pick these players up!

Woah - let's not get carried away - Eaves came on and showed a desire to get to the ball with some nice touches - but he looked like a typical big back to the goal striker which is not what we need - he is too much like Abbott in his style of play.

Not the answer I think.

i dint suggest he should be starting. i said he isnt ready. but u saying he is too much like pav kinda backs up my point. he is the same type of player and at his age he is or was yesterday doing it better than pav was. think its jus points out how much moe pav should be doing

Kirk Millar - A forward from Belfast, Kirk played for Linfield in the Irish Premier League last season at the age of 16. He has represented Northern Ireland under-18 schools.

Have seen a few times when he played for Northern Irleland at under 19 & 18 level, great player stood out when we played against Germany recently.