Why do ex Latics players score for other clubs ?

Every week I see the names of former Latics players score goals, yet (apart from Hughes) most did nothing at the Latics.

Can anyone put their finger on why that appears to be the case ?

Better service i would imagine, we're very poor at supplying the forwards with something to work with or run onto,most balls are hoisted up to them.

Typically Latics play with 2 strikers (or alleged strikers).

The other 91 teams play with around 25 ex-Latics strikers/loanee strikers, so their combined efforts outscore Latics week in week out.

Those alleged strikers don't seem to do too badly for other clubs. :wink:

Every week I see the names of former Latics players score goals, yet (apart from Hughes) most did nothing at the Latics.

Every ex player will be lethal never mind striker with dean brill in net for us!!!

Worst goalkeeper i have seen supporting latics in 30 years by a long way!!!!

The only goalkeeper i have seen who has no idea how to dive,catch or save a ball,distribution is ok so will give him that!!

He might be a nice bloke as most of the players seem to be but he just not good enough at this level like every other player penney has brought in(Abbot excepted)

Thats 18 points now by my reconing he has cost us this season he is an accident waiting to happen and i did mention before the game he was due one!!!!

And what really riles me is that we have got a perfectly good non accident prone exprienced goalkeeper sat on the bench!!!!!

What does everyone else think???

It has always been the case that BP is a graveyard for strikers. Hughes, Porter and Beckett are the only exceptions that immediatly spring to mind.

Decent service Dan.

I could have scored goals for us in 06-07 with Liddell providing inch perfect crosses time and time again.

Because you're looking from a Latics view point.

If you were a Stockport fan, a Leyton Orient fan, whatever, you would sit watching Soccer Saturday doing the exact same thing... it's simply because (I assume) you can't list the last ten strikers to play for Orient like you can for Latics.

(boboafc @ Mar 14 2010, 20:35 PM)

jason Price,Kevin Betsy,Craig Davies ,Steven Kabba ,Brett Ormerod ,Aaron Wilbraham,Neal Trotman all x latics scored yesterday

And??

Perm any 2 from 7 and they probably wouldn't have scored for Latics.