Question re: Sky telly

Zorrro

If I were to order the Sky+ HD package with just the Variety and HD pack – which works out at £28 a month – would I be able to watch the sports/movies channels? I’m a bit confused because the HD pack apparently contains these, but there’s an option to add sports/movies packs for an additional cost.

Feel free not to answer, considering it’s all hypothetical (the wife would never allow it).

If I were to order the Sky+ HD package with just the Variety and HD pack – which works out at £28 a month – would I be able to watch the sports/movies channels? I’m a bit confused because the HD pack apparently contains these, but there’s an option to add sports/movies packs for an additional cost.

Feel free not to answer, considering it’s all hypothetical (the wife would never allow it).

No way you'll have the lot for £28. It used to cost me £47 and that wasn't HD. I eventually got rid....

Stitch : Hello, I'd like to cancel the sports channels please.

Sky rep: I'm sorry to hear that sir, is there anything we could do to change your mind?

Stitch: I doubt it sweetheart.

Sky rep: Well I see you've been with us some time - how about 6 months half price?

Stitch: I appreciate the offer but no thankyou.

Sky rep: Okay, then may I ask why you wish to cancel?

Stitch: Of course you may. I no longer wish to support the Premier League, I think it's.... :blahblah:

Sky rep: I see, don't you like football then?

Stitch: I love it.

Sky rep: Erm, ok. Anyway, my drop down menu doesn't list any of your reasons. Can I select "poor value for money"?

Stitch: If you must....

My eldest gets SkySports on his iPhone for £5.99 a month.

Not sure how much he's going to end up spending on glasses in future years though.

Short sightedness is an inevitable consequence of much of the content on youngsters phones these days.

Being a giant hypocrite (I hate Murdoch with such a phenomenal passion) I currently pay £5.99 a month for Sky/ESPN on my iPhone and half towards a Sky+HD subscription.

We get everything except Movies but it's somewhere in the £60 a month range... I'm not certain exactly what it is as my flatmate pays the bill and I give him the cash.

If you have a decent internet connection and an Xbox360 you can download sky player and for £5 a month you can get all the sky sports, sky movies and a few other channels, however good your internet connection is will reflect on the quality you get, for high quality you must have a good internet connection for it not to be jumpy

It's a bloody rip-off Sky Sports, especially when you consider that they put their big boxing events on Sky Box Office for £15 a time, regardless of whether you are a Sky Sports subscriber or not. If you pay £40 a month for SkySports you shouldn't have to pay an extra £15 to watch David Haye fight.

They really know how to make money, total lack of customer service and well being because they know that they will get the business regardless, my dad fits aerials and satellite dishes, a lot of his dish work comes from refitting satellite dishes done by sky engineers,

they just wack it up and get out as soon as possible, they dont check if your getting the best possible picture from the dish or anything, they are given an allocated time of 30 mins to fit the dish, any more time needed they will charge you extra or say "get someone else to do it"

They really know how to make money, total lack of customer service and well being because they know that they will get the business regardless, my dad fits aerials and satellite dishes, a lot of his dish work comes from refitting satellite dishes done by sky engineers,

they just wack it up and get out as soon as possible, they dont check if your getting the best possible picture from the dish or anything, they are given an allocated time of 30 mins to fit the dish, any more time needed they will charge you extra or say "get someone else to do it"

no they dont. i can assure you a sky engineer gets 70 mins to fit a single box or 115 mins for multiroom. facts are always better than fiction.

Being a giant hypocrite (I hate Murdoch with such a phenomenal passion) I currently pay £5.99 a month for Sky/ESPN on my iPhone and half towards a Sky+HD subscription.

We get everything except Movies but it's somewhere in the £60 a month range... I'm not certain exactly what it is as my flatmate pays the bill and I give him the cash.

If you also mention in that sentence SatNav's and George Foreman grills, then you will get the four greatest things ever invented on this planet.

:)

...oh, and man up Zorrro and tell the Mrs you are getting Sky... :wink:

If you have a decent internet connection and an Xbox360 you can download sky player and for £5 a month you can get all the sky sports, sky movies and a few other channels, however good your internet connection is will reflect on the quality you get, for high quality you must have a good internet connection for it not to be jumpy

Bloody hell thats good! Is it available on PS3?

As a house we pay something like £58 a month for Sky+HD (including Sky Sports but not ESPN, and some sort of variety pack, I didn't sort it out so don't understand the ins and outs but we get Sky One, Comedy Central, FX etc) and internet.

It was just normal Sky+ until we got a phonecall last week from Sky saying they were wanting to upgrade everybody to HD in the coming months/year, so they gave us a free HD box, free installation and our package remains at exactly the same price as it was without HD for a year...as none of us will be here next year it's worked out brilliantly.

We moved our Sky package when we moved house, but we put the original Sky+ box in the lads bedroom and HD in the living room and next week in the kitchen

I have been with Sky for 8 years and only really had a problem when i had a dispute with BT and they disconnected my phone line.

Bloody hell thats good! Is it available on PS3?

Nah, only on Xbox 360. And it's not £5 a month...I dunno where that is from! You need a SkyPlayer subscription:

http://skyplayer.sky.com/aboutskyplayer/on...v-packages.html

As you can see the minimum for all the Sky Sports channels is £34.50 a month. Although I think you can get stand alone channels (I.E Sky Sports 1 for £9 a month).