Site losing login

oafc0000

It won't time out to the point of resetting the session. Sessions are stored in cookies which are tagged to an IP, so it'll time out - end the session, and restore when you're ready to browse again. I have never encountered a problem with losing a session unless I'm posting from another IP address or I have to reset my router.

I don't know if this is linked Matt (well, it isn't to be honest!) but lately, I'm unable to post anything, reply to people or type anything in the normal field. What happens is when I click somewhere in the field, my blinking curser never appears. I can highlight text however, but nothing else works.

What I've had to do is click on the HTML button and post that way. How's that happen? By the way, I'm using the latest version of Firefox.

I don't know if this is linked Matt (well, it isn't to be honest!) but lately, I'm unable to post anything, reply to people or type anything in the normal field. What happens is when I click somewhere in the field, my blinking curser never appears. I can highlight text however, but nothing else works.

What I've had to do is click on the HTML button and post that way. How's that happen? By the way, I'm using the latest version of Firefox.

I doubt that's server side tbh. That sounds like a local problem. Does it still happen in another client like IE or Chrome? When did it first start? I think you might be able to track this problem back to some addin or extension you've recently installed.

Well I don't know what to say then, I'll post up my Firefox configs later on - it doesn't happen to me.

Safari's fine too - just FF that has it and only for the last couple of days... come to think of it - since I updated it.

Can't be arsed with a rollback. Will make do with the Ad's in Safari.

Safari's fine too - just FF that has it and only for the last couple of days... come to think of it - since I updated it.

Can't be arsed with a rollback. Will make do with the Ad's in Safari.

Yeah, it's only been for a couple of days so something in the update seems logical. Bah, I'll make do, ain't no thang.

This site keeps making me re-login like every five mins. Whats going on ?

I'm having the same problem, and have been for nearly 3 weeks.

I've emailed the mod team twice about it. Can anybody guess how many replies? :lol:

12!

No, wait...

7!

No, hang on, that's not right...

0!

Yerrrr, that's better.

Apologies, Dan. It's normally me who checks it, but I've been on very intermittently this past month. Having said that, there f**k all I could've done about it anyway :wink:

I'm having the same problem, and have been for nearly 3 weeks.

I've emailed the mod team twice about it. Can anybody guess how many replies? :lol:

Apologies for the lack of reply Dan. I've not had access to that account since I returned to the team... or if I have I've lost the credentials - the latter being entirely possible.

However we are available via PM and via posts here in the tech forum for anyone who doesn't get a timely response via email.

As you can see from the above there doesn't seem to be a solution - the possible problem being Firefox if you use that?

I've been on Chrome for the last two days and I've not had a problem.

Apologies for the lack of reply Dan. I've not had access to that account since I returned to the team... or if I have I've lost the credentials - the latter being entirely possible.

However we are available via PM and via posts here in the tech forum for anyone who doesn't get a timely response via email.

As you can see from the above there doesn't seem to be a solution - the possible problem being Firefox if you use that?

I've been on Chrome for the last two days and I've not had a problem.

It's a work pc I use during the day so it's IE or nowt.

I would have PM'd a mod but couldn't seem to stay logged-in long enough to find a list of who is on the mod team now! :wink:

It's an odd one though. There's no pattern to it other than it being when you move from one page to another or from one topic or forum to another- i.e. it wont kick me out if I stay on one page.

And I can try to log in 6 or 7 times before it accepts my details.

Still, it's meant I can actually get some work done for a change cos I got fed up of trying to get on here! :wink: