The 'Sitting Back' Tactic

Again Penney made the team sit back after the goal, this was added to with his first substitution in the second half.

Guy>Whitaker

At 1-0 we should be pushing for some more goals, Penney should have brought on Eaves and done the straight swap. Again, crap tactics nearly cost us as we were piss poor!

As for some of the players last night, they were awful, and you cant blame the pitch as it looked in a much better condition that over the last few weeks, although nothing compared to the pitch at Boundary Park.

Taylor : Gives up, Wimps out of challenges, Falls over when the wind blows. He's :censored: should have got rid when we had the chance.

Smalley : Dont know whats happened to Dean (& Taylor) they just aren't the same players they were last season.

One positive we can take from last nights games is the performance of Tom Eaves, although only on the pitch for just over 10 minutes, he really impressed me, although he did pick up an absolutely stupid booking.

Overall opinion on Penney: Get rid, maybe not right at this moment but in a few weeks when the seasons ended, i dont think i could go and sit through another season of the football we have been playing.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

you cant blame the pitch

I did feel sorry for Rubes in the second half.

He was turned inside out by a double bounce of the ball, which changed direction each time and let a County player move towards the penalty area.

The skills of a Brazilian couldn't have done a better job!

Edited by opinions4u

One positive we can take from last nights games is the performance of Tom Eaves, although only on the pitch for just over 10 minutes, he really impressed me, although he did pick up an absolutely stupid booking.

I'd say 3 points and a little closer to safety is another positive, but don't let that get in the way of a tedious moan.....

As for some of the players last night, they were awful, and you cant blame the pitch as it looked in a much better condition that over the last few weeks,

Jeez , hate to think what it wa like a few weeks ago !!

I know it's not county's fault but the pitch is a total disgrace.

We won the game....thus Penney got his tactics spot on.

You can criticise tactics when we lose...or draw. But when we win it shows that we got it right.

Correctomondo.

As for the gubbins about people saying with Guy - straight swop - yeah terrific idea Rodders,

Eaves and Pav would have resembled a pair of lamposts in that last 20 minutes up front together. Then you'd have been bloody moaning, because we wouldn't have reached the edge of their box without the big 'hoof' - Pav was clearly knackered again after 60mins and 1 up against 10 men, the one thing you do need, which DP kept, by pushing Smalley up was pace!!

Correctomondo.

As for the gubbins about people saying with Guy - straight swop - yeah terrific idea Rodders,

Eaves and Pav would have resembled a pair of lamposts in that last 20 minutes up front together. Then you'd have been bloody moaning, because we wouldn't have reached the edge of their box without the big 'hoof' - Pav was clearly knackered again after 60mins and 1 up against 10 men, the one thing you do need, which DP kept, by pushing Smalley up was pace!!

I'm not so sure actually, Eaves doesn't look particularly slow and seems willing to make runs for the midfield to pick out. Just because he's a big lad doesn't mean he has to play with his back to goal.

I'm not so sure actually, Eaves doesn't look particularly slow and seems willing to make runs for the midfield to pick out. Just because he's a big lad doesn't mean he has to play with his back to goal.

I don't think we'll be seeing Eaves playing off the shoulder of too many centre halves or running in the channels too often though in the future :wink:

Guy is a totally different player to Eaves and Pav and offered a very different problem for the defence, that was my point.

We won the game....thus Penney got his tactics spot on.

You can criticise tactics when we lose...or draw. But when we win it shows that we got it right.

To be honest I don't think that you can say that the tactics were right just because we won. Don't forget it was a penalty for the goal and, although you wouldn't of noticed it, we played agasint 10 men for a large majority of the game. County had the majority of the chances and to be honest could of taken more from the game than us.

To be honest I don't think that you can say that the tactics were right just because we won. Don't forget it was a penalty for the goal and, although you wouldn't of noticed it, we played agasint 10 men for a large majority of the game. County had the majority of the chances and to be honest could of taken more from the game than us.

Oi, don't let facts get in the way of blue Penney tinted specs.