Landmark

Didn't he cost more than about three times our entire squad?

Get what you pay for.

Exactly, Southampton were in administration and suddenly they can afford to spend £1million on a player- something smells fishy to me. Also Lambert is quality and it saddened me slightly to see him move sideways (or only slightly upwards) instead of moving up a league which he is more than capable of doing- talk about a lack of ambition.

Exactly, Southampton were in administration and suddenly they can afford to spend £1million on a player- something smells fishy to me. Also Lambert is quality and it saddened me slightly to see him move sideways (or only slightly upwards) instead of moving up a league which he is more than capable of doing- talk about a lack of ambition.

A swiss billionaire took over them and cleared there debts.

Slightly upwards ? southampton will go up next season no danger at all Bristol Rovers will be in this division for years and years.

Also, it must be noted that Southampton doubled his wages..

To be fair, I'd have a team winning Division 1 if I had hindsight.

And by available, you mean available for £300,000.

A lot less, and right under the noses of Latics.

Edited by BP1960

A lot less, and right under the noses of Latics.

Forget him what about Dawson..Eyres introduced him to us.... he got injured and I assume we let him go. I watched him play for us and thought.. wow, this lad has got it, now if I can see it what are Dux and Co doing???