Time fro radical thinking

There has been talk about some players not being motivated.

Let's look at one; Alessandra.

He bangs in a hat-trick vs Scunthorpe last season and barely got another kick. In the meantime he sat kicking his heels on the bench, woitjout even reserve games to play, while watching the likes of Windass, Ormerod, Kabba etc. come in and add nothing to the side.

And we wonder why he seemed to struggle...

One hell of a point there.

Loan signings should be one or two real quality players on season long loan that will improve the squad substantially OR emergency loans to cover for injuries.

How would you class each of this season's loans? With the exceptions of Guy, Price and Nardiello, I reckon all of the others were to cover injuries or loss of form in other players. The last three were to cover for the inability of any of our strikers to score, and while I'm no fan of an endless parade of loans I'm not sure who we had who was better and ready (Eaves may be a better prospect, but to chuck him in at the deep end may hinder his development).

Edited by Crusoe

How would you class each of this season's loans? With the exceptions of Guy, Price and Nardiello, I reckon all of the others were to cover injuries or loss of form in other players. The last three were to cover for the inability of any of our strikers to score, and while I'm no fan of an endless parade of loans I'm not sure who we had who was better and ready (Eaves may be a better prospect, but to chuck him in at the deep end may hinder his development).

I would class them as being UTTERLY IRRELEVANT to the longer term.

Well, yes, absolutely — but what was the alternative at the time?

I would much rather have a team of home grown players, with reservists filling in as and when injuries hit. But if you don't have a squad capable of that, what do you do? If the point is that we need a better youth system, or to give the fringe players the chance before resorting to loans, that I don't argue with at all. But even those aren't always going to work — when Jacobson and Black were injured, and I think Lomax as well, who fills in?

I'm not trying to defend the poor signings we've made, but wondering what the alternative was (and, if we did end the club's use of the loan system, what we would do in future to make sure we had enough players good enough to fill the squad?).

I would much rather have a team of home grown players, with reservists filling in as and when injuries hit. But if you don't have a squad capable of that, what do you do? If the point is that we need a better youth system, or to give the fringe players the chance before resorting to loans, that I don't argue with at all. But even those aren't always going to work — when Jacobson and Black were injured, and I think Lomax as well, who fills in?

I'm not trying to defend the poor signings we've made, but wondering what the alternative was (and, if we did end the club's use of the loan system, what we would do in future to make sure we had enough players good enough to fill the squad?).

You break the mould. You say that, maybe not immediately, the club will not fully utilise the loan system. You perhaps specify in what circumstances it will be used - a fixed amount of season long loans etc. and you invest in the youth system using the money freed up. I don;t know if it will work but I do know that the current state of affairs doesn'tl.

Any more?

I reckon we should kick off half an hour before the opposition come out of the changing rooms... :blink:

how's that grab you... :huh:

We still wont score :wink:

We could only score once anyway, which would still leave 60 minutes of inviting them onto us :wink:

LOL....Knowing our luck, we'd lose the toss and spend the 30 minutes waiting for the opposition to come out & kick off!

It makes you wonder how clubs managed before the loan system was introduced, but they did by building a squad to cover all eventualities.

IMO the loan system is now out of control.

It makes you wonder how clubs managed before the loan system was introduced, but they did by building a squad to cover all eventualities.

IMO the loan system is now out of control.

its only out of control if the club allow it to be so...

if last summer penney had brought in the correct calibre and amount of players needed,and used the developing youths to get match practice etc etc....then we would only have had to get loans in for cover.

loans should only be brought in to enhance the team and make it better than it already is..not out of necessity because all the players he signed are crap

greegs was a loan....look how good he has been for us...

having seen nardiello and lewis guy play,i would say that come the end of the season the loan period will have given us time to see what they can do(less so with nards),so if surplus to requirements at parent club we could sign them...i think that is better than just randomly signing someone then they turn out to be utter tosh,like parker

the loan system needs to be used wisely and strategically over the season...i dont have a problem with it

if we didnt have it this season we would of been playing kids for most of the time,and probably almost certainly relegated.