Election 2010 - Pre Campaign Vote

Election 2010 - Pre Campaign Vote  

218 members have voted

1. 1. If the election was today, who would you vote for ?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Liberal Democrats
    • UK Independence Party
    • Green Party
    • British National Party
    • Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • I am not going to vote

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My money is on the following:

1. Hung Parliament, Labour winning most seats.

2. Lib Dems to win between 70 and 79 seats.

3. Gordon Brown to be Prime Minister 1 month after the election.

4. Lower than 55% turnout.

5. Hazel Blears to win in Salford and Eccles.

6. Woolas to win in Oldham.

(The last two are basically so I can cut my losses, but all six are possible. I'll be looking out for any against-the-swing results for unpopular / popular incumbents, so if anyone's get any local inklings, feel free to share them.)

I see them all close up, day in, day out, and in my opinion, there is no alternative to Labour. The Tories are lightweights and possibly even dangerous, and they sure as hell don't give a flying :censored: for anyone in the North, and the Lib Dems are just liars and freaks (God knows why people are obsessed with Cable).

It's good to know we have such impartial people working in the system ;)

In more seriousness, I'd be very surprised if the Lib Dems win that high a number of seats. Given the spread of their votes, they will need upwards of a 25% share of the vote.

In all honesty, I cannot see anything but a Labour / Lib-Lab coalition come middle of May. If we lived in a representative democracy the outcome may be the same but at least there may be some proper scrutiny and interesting debate...

• 4 weeks later...
It's good to know we have such impartial people working in the system ;)

In more seriousness, I'd be very surprised if the Lib Dems win that high a number of seats. Given the spread of their votes, they will need upwards of a 25% share of the vote.

In all honesty, I cannot see anything but a Labour / Lib-Lab coalition come middle of May. If we lived in a representative democracy the outcome may be the same but at least there may be some proper scrutiny and interesting debate...

Can we transfer election talk to the new thread? Cheers...

Mods is it worth locking ?