Simon, New York Boss - Comments Please

My problem is TTA have had a number of plans, from Ferney Fields through redeveloping BP to Failsworth, and at this stage I have no reason to believe Failsworth is going to be any less of a false start than the other two. There are still an awful lot of hoops to jump through.

And if Failsworth doesn't happen, what then? TTA have said themselves that they won't be around for ever. I think failure of thier latest plan would be the final straw. Where are we then?

As I said the ORLFC story is one to follow.

They had a number of plans. One after another has fallen but Hamilton has persevered. After each setback he has got back up, dusted down and gone again. It has taken time for him to get OMBC onside, but he has done it. He learnt lessons from his past failures and kept knocking over the obstacles.

From what I have seen, OAFC are now doing the same. The lessons from Sports Park 2000 have been learnt. OAFC are now speaking with the leaders of all 3 parties, which hopefully means they are all onside this time rather than using OAFC's future as an election issue and then having to stand behind their pledge and stopping progress. John Battye was in the Chron only the other night stating that exactly this prevented the move to Clayton Playing fields, not the Charity Commission who at the time were onside and indeed who were later furious at the Council/Trustees for granting Town green status and denying the trust the ability to profit from and improve the charitable assett.

There are always hoops to jump through. FF had more hoops than a box of Hula Hoops. BP was 99% there but that last minute snag of the housing market/economy crash cropped up. Failsworth has had its issues to, but you learn the lessons from past falls and take that knowledge into the next project and as so often proves the case you get there.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said the ORLFC story is one to follow.

They had a number of plans. One after another has fallen but Hamilton has persevered. After each setback he has got back up, dusted down and gone again. It has taken time for him to get OMBC onside, but he has done it. He learnt lessons from his past failures and kept knocking over the obstacles.

From what I have seen, OAFC are now doing the same. The lessons from Sports Park 2000 have been learnt. OAFC are now speaking with the leaders of all 3 parties, which hopefully means they are all onside this time rather than using OAFC's future as an election issue and then having to stand behind their pledge and stopping progress. John Battye was in the Chron only the other night stating that exactly this prevented the move to Clayton Playing fields, not the Charity Commission who at the time were onside and indeed who were later furious at the Council/Trustees for granting Town green status and denying the trust the ability to profit from and improve the charitable assett.

There are always hoops to jump through. FF had more hoops than a box of Hula Hoops. BP was 99% there but that last minute snag of the housing market/economy crash cropped up. Failsworth has had its issues to, but you learn the lessons from past falls and take that knowledge into the next project and as so often proves the case you get there.

So are we ok to take from this that you are confident that this project will go ahead?

So are we ok to take from this that you are confident that this project will go ahead?

Carl, You can only go off the information available to you at the time. It is clear at this moment that all the relevant Parties, Club, Council officials and Councillors all appear, publicly at least, to be singing from the same hymm sheet. IF that remains the case, then I would say that it is more likely than not that the project will go ahead.

I also believe that it is significant that the labour leader Jim McMahon who initially sided with the locals has gone quiet publicly on the matter, which strenghthens the argument that progress is being made behind the scenes.

Of course I could be way wide of the mark and were doomed.

Is that for defo Omar?, if you really wanted to can you appeal?

If so, I don't know you but reading on here about how massive fan you are, then its the club's loss. I do hope they at least heard your reasons

Was it because they deemed you st as a missle/projectile that could have caused bodily harm?

Yes it is for deffo, had the official letter from Chief Steward.

They granted that I had undying passion for the club and given this asked the police not to press charges. Should they do so I face a three year ban, not that I'd miss much.

On that basis, they had confiscated my ST and advised me I can make representations to the club for the 10/11 campaign.

Doesn't bother me, they took my money for the season, I made my point, I don't want to watch dour dave anymore, I've a strong feeling he won't be here come August anyway so it works out nicely.

I will be at Southampton on a Tuesday and on Saturday I'll probably still be in bed!!!

I didn't change my name for no reason, they won't get rid of me that easily. :wink:

Many thanks, at least if I don't attend away games I won't need to hear your moronic flirtations with every opposition goalkeeper. :grin:

That's rubbish, I only flirt with the cute ones! I only make friendly conversation with the mingers :wink:

A fan gets banned for making a minor protest and you call reaction to it fishing...

God help us....

A ban until the end of season? It's pretty tokenistic and really not worth getting your knickers in a twist over since the protest signalled the intent not to attend for the remainder of the season anyway. I'm certainly not TTA's biggest fan but I don't see a problem with this. They have to be seen to tale action over people throwing objects onto the pitch.

A ban until the end of season? It's pretty tokenistic and really not worth getting your knickers in a twist over since the protest signalled the intent not to attend for the remainder of the season anyway. I'm certainly not TTA's biggest fan but I don't see a problem with this. They have to be seen to tale action over people throwing objects onto the pitch.

:wink:

Exactly not arsed, roll on 10/11, without DP.

:wink:

Exactly not arsed, roll on 10/11, without DP.

It'll still probably get to you though, whereas if you hadn't received the ban you still had the choice whether to attend or not, judging by you saying that you will be going to Southampton would hazard a guess that you would have been there regardless.

It'll still probably get to you though, whereas if you hadn't received the ban you still had the choice whether to attend or not, judging by you saying that you will be going to Southampton would hazard a guess that you would have been there regardless.

I would of been to fulfil my ST but it won't get to me because it's not going to kill me missing 4 or so home games.

The away days are far more fun anyway and the sooner this season is over the better, I've just sped it up a little :)

I would of been to fulfil my ST but it won't get to me because it's not going to kill me missing 4 or so home games.

The away days are far more fun anyway and the sooner this season is over the better, I've just sped it up a little :)

The ones I have been on this season have, other than the substitution at Wycombe.. I agree the end of the season can't come too quick merely just to see if we stay up, still- gotta get behind the team for the remainder of the matches, I just hope there is a response from the team in a good way and they pull their socks up and fingers out and go out there and give it their all....... Do it for the fans!! Show em that you care!! blah blah blah

At least your blood pressure will reside albeit it slowly.

Yes it is for deffo, had the official letter from Chief Steward.

They granted that I had undying passion for the club and given this asked the police not to press charges. Should they do so I face a three year ban, not that I'd miss much.

On that basis, they had confiscated my ST and advised me I can make representations to the club for the 10/11 campaign.

Doesn't bother me, they took my money for the season, I made my point, I don't want to watch dour dave anymore, I've a strong feeling he won't be here come August anyway so it works out nicely.

I will be at Southampton on a Tuesday and on Saturday I'll probably still be in bed!!!

I didn't change my name for no reason, they won't get rid of me that easily. :wink:

It was only a ST.........not like it was an hot dog or anything :grin: