Latest update on the fitness of Rob Purdie?

Can anyone recall the most recent update on Purdie's fitness situation? ...and does anyone know of his chances of playing in friendlies in July in order to prepare for the start of next season?

I think he's being brought back in June to maximise preparation for the new season.............or am I thinking of last season?

Can anyone recall the most recent update on Purdie's fitness situation? ...and does anyone know of his chances of playing in friendlies in July in order to prepare for the start of next season?

Quite simply.........he's f**ked!!! :wink:

IMO the Fishal site is due another RoboPhysio blog to update on Purdie & Taylor; and also tie in an 'end of season' injuries & treatments review for 2009-2010.

He's 'touch and go' to appear before the end of the season according to the Chron.

There's no reason to play him, and I sure as hell wouldn't knowing what he's been through. Give him a full summer of fitness work ahead of a steady pre-season and see where we stand.

To rush him back for all-but meaningless games would be insanity all things considered.

There's no reason to play him, and I sure as hell wouldn't knowing what he's been through. Give him a full summer of fitness work ahead of a steady pre-season and see where we stand.

To rush him back for all-but meaningless games would be insanity all things considered.

Rushing him back for a meaningless game (for us) would be silly but if he's close then I'd be really tempted to sit him on the bench and maybe bring him on for 5 minutes at the end. This would give him the mental confidence boost of not missing a full season due to an injury (bring back his faith that he can play again as it were). If Charlton have not a lot to play for (which could happen) then I can see it being a bit of a practise match which is probably the sort of thing a player who has been out for as long as Purdie needs.

Either that or send him on holiday now (by holiday I mean sitting on a beach doing not much), tell him to keep fit(ish) and bring him back a few weeks early and have him work on his playing fitness. A bit of sun, and some outdoor swimming might do him the world of good. In fact the same could be said for a lot of our injured players.

Rushing him back for a meaningless game (for us) would be silly but if he's close then I'd be really tempted to sit him on the bench and maybe bring him on for 5 minutes at the end. This would give him the mental confidence boost of not missing a full season due to an injury (bring back his faith that he can play again as it were). If Charlton have not a lot to play for (which could happen) then I can see it being a bit of a practise match which is probably the sort of thing a player who has been out for as long as Purdie needs.

Either that or send him on holiday now (by holiday I mean sitting on a beach doing not much), tell him to keep fit(ish) and bring him back a few weeks early and have him work on his playing fitness. A bit of sun, and some outdoor swimming might do him the world of good. In fact the same could be said for a lot of our injured players.

That's exactly what I hope Chris Taylor is doing - but i would wager he'll be in the stands tomorrow.......

That's exactly what I hope Chris Taylor is doing - but i would wager he'll be in the stands tomorrow.......

Not just Taylor, Andy Holdsworth, Jacobsen etc. if they ain't going to be fit for the rest of the season I'd be really really tempted to send them on holiday now.