Ian Craney

spent the season on loan at Morecambe from Hudds, had his contract paid up. Big, strong, goalscoring midfielder who did ok in his only season at Hudds, and very well for Accrington 27 years old and given Penney's penchant for Huddersfield's players I wouldn't be too surprised if he ended up here in the summer. Pure speculation of course.

spent the season on loan at Morecambe from Hudds, had his contract paid up. Big, strong, goalscoring midfielder who did ok in his only season at Hudds, and very well for Accrington 27 years old and given Penney's penchant for Huddersfield's players I wouldn't be too surprised if he ended up here in the summer. Pure speculation of course.

Not played since November - bad injury.

Doesn't play in any positions we need to add-to

Not for me........

Would be very dissappointed if he did.

That is nothing against Craney, but we at the mo, :censored:, Whittaker, Purdie, Lee, Stephens, Furman, Worthington, Holdsworth, Goodwin, who can all play CM

Knock off :censored:, Whittaker and Goodwin and that is still 6, more than enough cover for that area.

Would be very dissappointed if he did.

That is nothing against Craney, but we at the mo, :censored:, Whittaker, Purdie, Lee, Stephens, Furman, Worthington, Holdsworth, Goodwin, who can all play CM

Knock off :censored:, Whittaker and Goodwin and that is still 6, more than enough cover for that area.

I think he does have to look at the midfield though, we need creativity and goals from the midfield next season or we will be struggling again. Obviously Craney wouldnt be the answer but don't be too surprised if DP brings in another couple of midfielders. As for Purdie, I reckon he'll be lucky to play again and if he does will he be able to play to the level he was before such a serious injury? He hasn't played since May 2009, that has had to have had a massive effect on him.

For me i'd be looking to ship out Furman and Whitaker and try to sign some genuine quality, Holdsworth needs a slap and needs to be told he is a right-back, he's awful in midfield. Goodwin would only stay as a fullback too. I would love to see a midfield of Stephens and either Lee or :censored:, They'd have lots of energy movement, skill and attacking threat imo. Yes they're young, but so were Milligan and Henry. But I fear when everyone is fit it will be Worthington and A N Other. If it is we'll struggle as his distribution and attacking threat is awful.

The midfield next season should be built around the quality of Stephens, he's enjoying the first extended run in his career and will only get better and stronger. Against a massive Southampton team the other night he more than held his own. :censored: again is big and string runs with the ball, passes well and puts his foot in aggressively - his challenge v M K Dons at home changed the game - they tried to bully us but players like :censored: ensured that didn't happen. Often the teams that do well in this league are big string, well organised teams with a bit of flair but very good strikers or midfielders that can nick a goal.

I think he does have to look at the midfield though, we need creativity and goals from the midfield next season or we will be struggling again. Obviously Craney wouldnt be the answer but don't be too surprised if DP brings in another couple of midfielders. As for Purdie, I reckon he'll be lucky to play again and if he does will he be able to play to the level he was before such a serious injury? He hasn't played since May 2009, that has had to have had a massive effect on him.

For me i'd be looking to ship out Furman and Whitaker and try to sign some genuine quality, Holdsworth needs a slap and needs to be told he is a right-back, he's awful in midfield. Goodwin would only stay as a fullback too. I would love to see a midfield of Stephens and either Lee or :censored:, They'd have lots of energy movement, skill and attacking threat imo. Yes they're young, but so were Milligan and Henry. But I fear when everyone is fit it will be Worthington and A N Other. If it is we'll struggle as his distribution and attacking threat is awful.

The midfield next season should be built around the quality of Stephens, he's enjoying the first extended run in his career and will only get better and stronger. Against a massive Southampton team the other night he more than held his own. :censored: again is big and string runs with the ball, passes well and puts his foot in aggressively - his challenge v M K Dons at home changed the game - they tried to bully us but players like :censored: ensured that didn't happen. Often the teams that do well in this league are big string, well organised teams with a bit of flair but very good strikers or midfielders that can nick a goal.

We definitely need to ship out whittaker +1 more in my opinion (thats adter losing :censored: and goodwin) before considering bringing in another midfielder

I would ship out Worthington before Furman

We definitely need to ship out whittaker +1 more in my opinion (thats adter losing :censored: and goodwin) before considering bringing in another midfielder

I would ship out Worthington before Furman

Agree - Worthington's best days are behind him - Furman's are yet to come... :unsure:

The midfield next season should be built around the quality of Stephens, he's enjoying the first extended run in his career and will only get better and stronger. Against a massive Southampton team the other night he more than held his own. :censored: again is big and string runs with the ball, passes well and puts his foot in aggressively - his challenge v M K Dons at home changed the game - they tried to bully us but players like :censored: ensured that didn't happen. Often the teams that do well in this league are big string, well organised teams with a bit of flair but very good strikers or midfielders that can nick a goal.[/b]

Could this lad be on our radar? Winger with goals in his game – (mates with Stevie Gerrard too as he was at the Bar when Gerrard filled in the DJ [allegdedly!!]

http://www.skysports.com/football/player/0..._377708,00.html

I didn’t go to the JPT game but did he play against us?

This all comes from an SSN story re: Stanley best prospects having not signed new contracts and attracting attention from clubs in higher divisions.

From this article:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11750_6108612,00.html

Could this lad be on our radar? Winger with goals in his game – (mates with Stevie Gerrard too as he was at the Bar when Gerrard filled in the DJ [allegdedly!!]

http://www.skysports.com/football/player/0..._377708,00.html

I didn’t go to the JPT game but did he play against us?

Can't remember whether he played but I know he is known as 'Bobby' Grant for those of us that remember Brookside in the 80s!

I would love to see a midfield of Stephens and either Lee or :censored:, They'd have lots of energy movement, skill and attacking threat imo. Yes they're young, but so were Milligan and Henry.

I can't see Kieran Lee cutting it as a CM. Skill and composure on the ball are one thing but you need aggression, tenacity and a little bit of a dirty streak. I don't think he's got any of those.

More likely this guy, we have not got our quota of boo boys at the moment. :grin:

Boo Hoo who?

Not sure I'd be happy with that interview if I was a Latics fan, however right he may be!

Good on him - give some back!! :wink:

Seriously though; I'd expect the signings to be on a level to these lads - really not expecting a fee being paid; free signings all the way - and those I think will be from our division or below I'd expect......

Seriously though; I'd expect the signings to be on a level to these lads - really not expecting a fee being paid; free signings all the way - and those I think will be from our division or below I'd expect......

I have though all along that we have done quite well this season with the loans from higher Div clubs.

ie Flahavan, :censored: and Guy.

So I'd expect a couple more like that. Hopefully sign at least a couple of of those three and then the odd one to bolster the squad and the odd other pne to cover a (lot less) injury.

I can't see Kieran Lee cutting it as a CM. Skill and composure on the ball are one thing but you need aggression, tenacity and a little bit of a dirty streak. I don't think he's got any of those.

I'd rather have skill and composure any day and is what we have been missing all season!!!

Mr Corney didn;t seem to think fees needed to be paid in this division, and I think he is generally right. Youngsters with genuine potential to go further are likely to be beyond our pocket, the fees we do pay are generally just for players that the manager particularly fancies but are under contract when thee is often at least as good on a free

id rather have phil jevons tbh also on loan at morecambe from hudds

You are joking? Arent you? Abysmal footballer. Speak to soem 'Udders fans, they think Parker is Pele compared to Jevons.

Really disagree with this. Anyone who was for example at Orient earlier this season would say how much impact holdworth had when playing in midfield and really attacking the box. Saw him play a few times there for 'udders too (olong with Craney and Worthy), and always looked impressive and one of thier best players. I'm not saying he will be a regular starter, but I think Holdsworth will give us real options in midfield.

Ultimately though, Holdsworth, Lee, and possibly :censored: are really important to our team because of thier versatility.

Id like to think we are aiming for higher than Huddersfield reserves next year.

I doubt it. Budgets will only be cut, and 'udders paid more in wages than ever before this season.

'Udders reserves might be out of our price range.