Realistic Signings

What about Stephen Dawson at Bury? Just been named in the league 2 team of the year and is out of contract this summer. Another midfielder i know but if we release players in that area and with the loan players going back he could be a good replacement. And we have had a couple of decent players off them in the past, Porter, Stephens. Ive never seen him play personally but i know a Bury season ticket holder who says he is probley their best player. Has anyone seen him play? Sounds like a workhorse but not a great goalscoring record.

You possibly have the best username ever on here :chubb:

I have recommended a number of Irish League players to Oldham, one being Rory Patterson he has scored 40 goals this season for Coleraine and got called up to the Norn Ireland team.

Rory was on trial with Plymouth a few weeks ago, but hasn't heard anything back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Patterson

2005–2008 F.C. United of Manchester Apps 106 Goals 84

Jesus that is some record at any level

just commentin on the danny crow post i did yesterday. ive seen him mainly on the tele, but a friend of mine lives near cambridges ground and been to a couple of games and looked very good. hed certainly do well in our league of what i saw and possibly championship.

No chance of Hughes coming back IMO. On far too much money at Notts.

Lewis Guy I would like, and is realistic.

Like others I'm not sure about Nardiello. I saw less than him than others appear to have done, and his injury record isn't worth the risk.

With the keeper, I wonder over the availability of Dimi Konstantaflopadopolis. Always seemed good to me, and isn't getting a game.

Would be worth taking him on if only to get the extra revenue from fans paying for his name on their shirts!

I recommended him to Latics three years ago. Only other one I've done so was Danny Green who is ripping up trees for Dagenham and would be eminently gettable. Best crosser and dead ball player I've ever seen outside the top division.

Absolute screamer of a free-kick the other week.....looks the part too (white boots!!)

Sam Saunders from Brentford (Ex Dagenham BTW) would be a player i'd love us to attempt to coax up north; top draw winger for our level IMO.

I like Chris Lines from Bristol Rovers too in the high CM role.

Unfortunately; neither are out of contract so just wont be on the radar. Free transfer signing all the way......

Millwall didn't take much of a chance - they paid around £120K for Morison, but that is about £115k more than Stevenage paid for him three years back.

That’s the point – remember when Peterborough were on their run; from L2 to the champ and there was plenty on here about their team being made up of non-league buys – they were costly buys though; even if they did come from non-league. Don’t have the exact figures to hand but sure Boyd was around £225K from non-league – we just don’t have the cash to do that……..

Oh; on a related point; what exactly is “worth a punt” that gets used on threads like this……..

<insert name of player> - he’s a goalscorer, might be worth a punt…..

What is ‘a punt’?

I’d wager that it’s usually more than we would be able to afford any-roads!!!

No doubt I'll get shot down with this, but what about Nathan 'Duke' Ellington? Not sure about the contract situation, but has had a hard time of it at Watford and has been shipped off to Xanthi in Greece. Would be a quality signing, we'd just need to get in there first....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5792369,00.html

££ im afraid

££ im afraid

In terms of wages? I'm doubt Xanthi would be able to offer too much more. Just looking at their ground - a capacity of 8,000 suggests that they probably don't create that much more revenue than us. Might be wrong, but a return back North might suit.....

That’s the point – remember when Peterborough were on their run; from L2 to the champ and there was plenty on here about their team being made up of non-league buys – they were costly buys though; even if they did come from non-league. Don’t have the exact figures to hand but sure Boyd was around £225K from non-league – we just don’t have the cash to do that……..

Yes, but Morison went for £5k 3 years ago!

Edited by Dave_Og

Jason Demetriou is out of contract at the end of the season iirc. Quality winger with a fair bit of potential....not sure he'll leave the division, I'd love him here however with him only being 22 I think we'd have to pay some compo. That said, would be a quality acquisition.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore