Sheff Wednesday

Fingers crossed Palace win on monday night meaning Sheffield Wednesday are relegated.

Nice ground to go to and they always bring an absolute army here. :grin:

If Palace dont win it goes down to the final game of the season. Wednesday v Palace. :shock:

The Wendies away would be the biggest away day of the year for me by a mile. (as long as it isnt a bloody tuesday night... but even then it would be fun)

I'll feel sorry for Wednesday, however i'll be cheering Palace on for my life on monday.

Finally!

I knew you'd see sense in the end.

Not for the adoring reasons you will be.

I'd hate to see your split loyalties next season if Palace get the drop, It would be sickening.

Also... tbh, Palace have a far, far better team than the wendies.

Sod the new ground. I'd rather have a nice piss up over the hills and a packed out bouncing away end at Boundary Park anyday.

Exactly.

Plus i'm struggling to see how either is a particularly new ground. Surely we played both in recent times?

Both fixtures would be fantastic. Like Leeds, but less hatred and idiots.

Exactly.

Plus i'm struggling to see how either is a particularly new ground. Surely we played both in recent times?

Both fixtures would be fantastic. Like Leeds, but less hatred and idiots.

We played palace about 4 seasons ago in the league cup when we had to wear that one of white kit, i think it was the same season we beat west ham in the league cup so it was most likely 6-7 years ago.

We played palace about 4 seasons ago in the league cup when we had to wear that one of white kit, i think it was the same season we beat west ham in the league cup so it was most likely 6-7 years ago.

I think Selhurst Park is probably my most visited away ground as a Latics fan, as I used to live up the road from the ground. In my 20 years of following Latics, we've never won at Selhurst, despite playing Wimbledon, Charlton and Palace there!

Not for the adoring reasons you will be.

I'd hate to see your split loyalties next season if Palace get the drop, It would be sickening.

Also... tbh, Palace have a far, far better team than the wendies.

Bet you they won't have when the transfer window opens again. I hope we are never in the same league as Palace for the rest of time, as it might create a reason for me to go to Croydon, which I hope to avoid till my dying day.

I really hope that Wednesday come down, as our budget is in danger of taking one hell of a pasting.

We are in danger of losing teams who have (or would have before postponements kicked in) provided us with our top 5 attendances at BP this season, in Leeds, Norwich, Huddersfield Stockport and Tranmere. That is potentially £200-£250K of lost income if they were replaced by Peterboro, Plymouth, Palace Bouremeouth and Aldershot.

Much better for us financially to see Wednesday coming down, Leeds to blow it again with Millwall going straight up, Huddersfield to stay down with Swindon going up and one of Gillingham, Leyton Orient or Exeter going down with Tranmere staying up.

Of course we could also yet see Hartlepool drop down once their inevitable points deduction has kicked in. 3 points off (which is the minimum deduction they will recieve) and they may survive, but 4, 5 or 6 and they could be back in the mire, giving Tranmere an even better chance to survive.

The only benefit for me of the likes of Aldershot/Morecombe/Dagenham coming up is another new ground to tick off.

Wednesday also still have money issues and relegation would be a disatser for them, whilst Palace although in Administration have, at the moment anyway, a far better team than Wednesday and if they exit Admin properly, will not suffer a further points deduction.

I really hope that Wednesday come down, as our budget is in danger of taking one hell of a pasting.

We are in danger of losing teams who have (or would have before postponements kicked in) provided us with our top 5 attendances at BP this season, in Leeds, Norwich, Huddersfield Stockport and Tranmere. That is potentially £200-£250K of lost income if they were replaced by Peterboro, Plymouth, Palace Bouremeouth and Aldershot.

Much better for us financially to see Wednesday coming down, Leeds to blow it again with Millwall going straight up, Huddersfield to stay down with Swindon going up and one of Gillingham, Leyton Orient or Exeter going down with Tranmere staying up.

Of course we could also yet see Hartlepool drop down once their inevitable points deduction has kicked in. 3 points off (which is the minimum deduction they will recieve) and they may survive, but 4, 5 or 6 and they could be back in the mire, giving Tranmere an even better chance to survive.

The only benefit for me of the likes of Aldershot/Morecombe/Dagenham coming up is another new ground to tick off.

Wednesday also still have money issues and relegation would be a disatser for them, whilst Palace although in Administration have, at the moment anyway, a far better team than Wednesday and if they exit Admin properly, will not suffer a further points deduction.

Agree, big mate of mine is a Wednesday fan and he is gutted - two monumental pissups for me if Wednesday come down! :grin:

December 2002

Never won there whether playing Palace, Charlton or Wimbledon over the last 25 years. Thankfully not had the pleasure so far..

I want wednesday to get relegated. nice trip we would take a decent crowd there. Also l would feel sorry for palace if they went down because they went into admin and 10 points deducted.

Why feel sorry? In my book every team that goes into admin should be automatically relegated by at least one division. Overspending is just a financial version of steroids.

December 2002

Never won there whether playing Palace, Charlton or Wimbledon over the last 25 years. Thankfully not had the pleasure so far..

Mind you, I don't think our record at Hillsborough is much better!

Was that the night Adebola was comically poor all night then scored against us?

Adebola played but Tommy Black scored both for Palace that night - tore us apart and was sad to see such a pale shadow of the same player when he played here for Bradford 4 years later.

I did see us draw 0-0 there the year we went up v Charlton. A cold/wet Tuesday night where we sang Joe Royles blue and white army for the whole game just to keep warm - it was fun to be fair

1-1 mate we got battered, Warhurst was sent-off but Neil Adams nicked an equaliser (The 0-0 was at Filbert St the week before were an inspired Martin Hodge stopped Latics winning by 5 or 6!) It was April believe it or not!

I did see us draw 0-0 there the year we went up v Charlton. A cold/wet Tuesday night where we sang Joe Royles blue and white army for the whole game just to keep warm - it was fun to be fair

Without wanting to be pedantic - it was 1-1 the year we went up. I was mascot!

Adebola played but Tommy Black scored both for Palace that night - tore us apart and was sad to see such a pale shadow of the same player when he played here for Bradford 4 years later.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

You've put me right me on that a couple of times before when I got it wrong, and reminded me that you had corrected me once. Mr Booze Addled Memory claims a rare point back from Memory Man! Granted, a cheap shot at a pre-selected target :wink: