Young Philliskirk ?

Now he is 18 years of age, does anyone think Latics should make a move in the summer for Chelsea's Danny Philliskirk on a seasons long loan ?

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/TheReservesP...1131731,00.html

If the budget cuts are a little deeper than we hoped then it may be that we have to do a few seaon long loans.

It may well be that Danny does not want to go somewhere his Dad hanging around.

If the budget cuts are a little deeper than we hoped then it may be that we have to do a few seaon long loans.

It may well be that Danny does not want to go somewhere his Dad hanging around.

Like most teenagers :grin:

Now he is 18 years of age, does anyone think Latics should make a move in the summer for Chelsea's Danny Philliskirk on a seasons long loan ?

Now I stand by to be corrected; but IIRC; when he went to Chelski; I’m sure it was announced that as part of the deal; there would be links created in terms of a number of loans; emphasis on loans.

We had Ryan Bertrand and Fabio Ferriera (spl) and then that’s it……….so, is that it? Or have we any more ‘in the bank’ so to speak?

I can't believe there was anything contractual in the player sharing arrangement. I'd imagine it was just an agreement with the previous coaching team which is now meaningless.

I'd like to know if he has actually improved, or is better than what we have already got. We have got enough kids to develop as it is in the strikers without taking on another..

I can't believe there was anything contractual in the player sharing arrangement. I'd imagine it was just an agreement with the previous coaching team which is now meaningless.

I'd like to know if he has actually improved, or is better than what we have already got. We have got enough kids to develop as it is in the strikers without taking on another..

That's the crucial bit. Why take him back if he can't add anything to what we've already got?

He did enough to be on the bench in the Champions League at 17... doubt any of our current squad are of that level at this time...?

He did enough to be on the bench in the Champions League at 17... doubt any of our current squad are of that level at this time...?

They had massive injury problems IIRC and the game was a dead-rubber wasn’t it? Still an achievement though.....

Looking at the stats (I know, I know; stats can tell you anything you want etc) on his Chelsea profile; he looks to be a non-goalscoring striker; possibly an in the hole type who creates more than he scores?

Youth team captain at Chelsea though; so must have something about him surely?

Without any live appearances to base an assessment of talent on though; how do we know how he’s developed & if he’d be a useful loan signing for us? Hey, If only we had a close family member who will no doubt have watched him play this season & know exactly where he is at ability wise & could report back to the club eh?? :wink:

Edited by slystallone

They had massive injury problems IIRC and the game was a dead-rubber wasn’t it?

Looking at the stats (I know, I know; stats can tell you anything you want etc) on his Chelsea profile; he looks to be a non-goalscoring striker; possibly an in the hole type who creates more than he scores?

Youth team captain at Chelsea though; so must have something about him?

Without any live appearances to base an assessment of talent on though; how do we know how he’s developed & if he’d be a useful loan signing for us? Hey, If only we had a close family member who will no doubt have watched him play this season & know exactly where he is at ability wise & could report back to the club eh?? :wink:

:lol:

He is a 'support' striker or attacking midfielder, not a goalscorer. TP described him as "a very attacking midfielder or someone who can play in the deeper role of the front two".

I'd say he's ready for a bit of time out on loan, from what I know of him. But like you that's not from first-hand experience.

I would say we use and develop our own youth players, before taking any on loan from another club. :wink:

Edited by Wardie

im led to believe that they now play him as the holding midfielder and is becoming a regular in the reserve team and under hiddink there was talk of the odd first team appearance towards the end of last season. granted they did have a lot of injuries but even so thats quite impressive

Did Kieron Lee not get a cheeky appearance on the bench for a CL game? I'm sure Miki Roque got on too (and he wasn't worth much).

Someone like young Philiskirk is the sort of player we should be after if money is tight- if you can find the right one their well worth it, after all :censored: is someone who we've picked up from Blackburn and he's been one of our better players this season. I'd be having a look at Villa's ressies as they won thier league this season and we may find a couple of unpolished diamonds who we can polish up nicely for O'Neill and who are good enough for our level. Not to mention that Citeh GK who came on because Given got injured- he looked like he could be very useful

Did Kieron Lee not get a cheeky appearance on the bench for a CL game? I'm sure Miki Roque got on too (and he wasn't worth much).

Not sure on Roque but Lee only featured in the League/League Cup for United (I use the term 'only' loosely, of course, as that's highly commendable in itself)... however I did consciously say 'at this time' - as I don't think any of our current squad could hope to gain a place on the Chelsea bench.

"Last season he was youth team captain and third highest appearance maker in the side, finding the net twice. He enjoyed a fine match in an FA Youth Cup win at Old Trafford and also featured three times for the reserves."

Sounds like he's improving and developing nicely.

I'm sure as far as contracts/wages etc...we could save money cause it's not like he'll have to find a house will he...just move back in with his old man :grin:

Edited by bensonio