Season ticket

Nothing at all is inspiring me to renew my season ticket after all these years - very sad state of affairs.

Why not buy a ST because you want to support the club that you have followed for many a year?

I'm buying one because; I'm an Oldham fan and for £13 a game I still think im getting pretty decent value. £20 a game I may think otherwise.

Why not buy a ST because you want to support the club that you have followed for many a year?

I'm buying one because; I'm an Oldham fan and for £13 a game I still think im getting pretty decent value. £20 a game I may think otherwise.

Bit more than just "an Oldham fan" in fairness aren't you?

Bit more than just "an Oldham fan" in fairness aren't you?

Nope,

£329 for a lad and Dad.

Works out at £6.50 a week.

Get in!

When you break it down like that, its even better....

I can understand it can get expensive week in week out thats why I like the value of a ST.

Even on the Zebra Finance offer of around £29 per month its still cheaper than paying on the gate

Only £12.13 in the RRE. I'll be renewing. £13.40 for new tickets.

Because I have lost the passion to support them it's as simple as that it has nothing at all to do with the cost.

Edited by bluesue

The other week we said no we won't be as Tangerine works away mid-week so he missed the usual mid-week games, which we knew about fair enough. However with re-arranged ones due to weather etc. It wasn't going to be worth it for him.

But then I got my two nephews hooked on coming to latics and guess what they both want as an early birthday/chimbo pressie - you got it a season ticket each.

So, the offer from the club came out and it now is a good chance we will for a family in the RRE and that you can spread the cost over 10 months (I think), with a little added on of course, we are now seriously considering the offer.

Okay the footy hasn't been great but we are fans and we support, no matter how little or often we can, or how ugly the footy is. We support and "hope" things turn around.

God of footy...please turn it around......

The other week we said no we won't be as Tangerine works away mid-week so he missed the usual mid-week games, which we knew about fair enough. However with re-arranged ones due to weather etc. It wasn't going to be worth it for him.

But then I got my two nephews hooked on coming to latics and guess what they both want as an early birthday/chimbo pressie - you got it a season ticket each.

So, the offer from the club came out and it now is a good chance we will for a family in the RRE and that you can spread the cost over 10 months (I think), with a little added on of course, we are now seriously considering the offer.

Okay the footy hasn't been great but we are fans and we support, no matter how little or often we can, or how ugly the footy is. We support and "hope" things turn around.

God of footy...please turn it around......

"Okay the footy hasn't been great" sorry it's not even been average

I'm not renewing. Simply because I missed three home games this season through being away and i'm already down to miss two possible home games in august (fixtures pending obviously).

Countless season tickets and games on the cheap mean it's just not worth it. Especially when I dont plan on going to the games against the likes of Yeovil, Exeter, Gillingham, Brentford, etc. Zzzzz! Would rather save my money for the decent away days/weekends.

I'm not renewing. Simply because I missed three home games this season through being away and i'm already down to miss two possible home games in august (fixtures pending obviously).

Countless season tickets and games on the cheap mean it's just not worth it. Especially when I dont plan on going to the games against the likes of Yeovil, Exeter, Gillingham, Brentford, etc. Zzzzz! Would rather save my money for the decent away days/weekends.

Don't really understand where your coming from there.

Even if you miss 8 games with a season ticket priced at £300, you have still got in for less than 20 quid a game. If you bought a season ticket and missed 3 games you would have still only paid the equivalent of £15 a game. and re 'countless ticket offers', we have had two this season, the £2 game vs exeter and the 3 for 30 quid. Given the tightness of the coffers next season, I can't see there being too many ticket offers like that unless revenue wise it would be beneficial for the club

it's not cause your going watching dale is it :wink:

Don't really understand where your coming from there.

Even if you miss 8 games with a season ticket priced at £300, you have still got in for less than 20 quid a game. If you bought a season ticket and missed 3 games you would have still only paid the equivalent of £15 a game. and re 'countless ticket offers', we have had two this season, the £2 game vs exeter and the 3 for 30 quid. Given the tightness of the coffers next season, I can't see there being too many ticket offers like that unless revenue wise it would be beneficial for the club

Plenty of lads I know selling tickets because they're away themselves and asking for less than a tenner most games.

Looking at the teams in this league next season. There's not many games of interest.

Sheff Wednesday*

Southampton

Huddersfield*

Leeds*

Tranmere*

Rochdale

That's about it for me I think next year at BP.

*still unsure as to whether they'll actually be in this league.

Plenty of lads I know selling tickets because they're away themselves and asking for less than a tenner most games.

Looking at the teams in this league next season. There's not many games of interest.

Sheff Wednesday*

Southampton

Huddersfield*

Leeds*

Tranmere*

Rochdale

That's about it for me I think next year at BP.

Aww I am missing slapping you around the head already...then again Carlisle away..... :wink:

*still unsure as to whether they'll actually be in this league.

Edited by underdog

"Okay the footy hasn't been great" sorry it's not even been average

S'funny, a bloke I know who you could describe as an ex-latic (don't think he went a lot in the old days) who now generally folows citeh, went to the last home game as his kids got free tickets. When I saw him later I said I thought the 1st half was good, 2nd half poor. He (having followed citeh) said he was surprised at my view and though it was a decent enough match all round, not as poor a game of footy as he expected.

Maybe some people like to cling on to an idea of suffering?

S'funny, a bloke I know who you could describe as an ex-latic (don't think he went a lot in the old days) who now generally folows citeh, went to the last home game as his kids got free tickets. When I saw him later I said I thought the 1st half was good, 2nd half poor. He (having followed citeh) said he was surprised at my view and though it was a decent enough match all round, not as poor a game of footy as he expected.

Maybe some people like to cling on to an idea of suffering?

I think you are right in a way.

Our players are 3rd division players, if they performed more consistant, they would be championship or Premiership players..

What we need is a few players hungry for the game, players who want to take their chance and move on to a higher level

People who watch their Prem team week in week out think our level of football is poor but when they come to games they are suprised! When we watch Premier players on Tv and at games we expect our players to perform the same.

The only inspiration to buy a season ticket is the same as it's always been. You follow OAFC.

Yet I challenge the club/team to persuade me to buy a ticket on one performance only.

Charlton next week at home.

Deliver the goods and give me a reason to sell my soul to the devil and buy one for next season

C'mon Latics - the challenge is on, sell me the goods!!!!

Yet I challenge the club/team to persuade me to buy a ticket on one performance only.

Charlton next week at home.

Deliver the goods and give me a reason to sell my soul to the devil and buy one for next season

C'mon Latics - the challenge is on, sell me the goods!!!!

+1 A good call to arms, let's pack the ground, demand a performance - make me want to buy a season ticket - My £276 is all ready and waiting over to you Mr. Hardy, Corney and Penney, come on make me want to part with my money!

Edited by oafcprozac