At A Crossroads

I think our club is really at a crossroads at present,

I have never known the fans so split and so much apathy surrounding the place.

The owners of the club have some big decisions to make very soon ( not just pennys position ) but the whole direction that the club needs to take to halt the malaise that has engulfed us.

I personally know several long standing 'tics who have just lost the passion and desire to attend BP.

We seem to have hit a wall with the new ground scenario and everything just seems such a toil at the moment.

Can we recapture the days of eagerly awaiting weekend for the game and having a smile on our faces?

Someone needs to take the rudder and steer the good ship latics into calmer waters!

I think our club is really at a crossroads at present,

I have never known the fans so split and so much apathy surrounding the place.

The owners of the club have some big decisions to make very soon ( not just pennys position ) but the whole direction that the club needs to take to halt the malaise that has engulfed us.

I personally know several long standing 'tics who have just lost the passion and desire to attend BP.

We seem to have hit a wall with the new ground scenario and everything just seems such a toil at the moment.

Can we recapture the days of eagerly awaiting weekend for the game and having a smile on our faces?

Someone needs to take the rudder and steer the good ship latics into calmer waters!

the board have to make up there minds finally what they want best for the club and fans....

if we are to ever realise our dream of getting back up the leagues then we need cold hard cash,and a decent influx of higher quality calibre players....

if the club is just going to tread water until the new ground is built then i can see us only getting 2k attendances,as nobody is going to carry on coming to a :censored: hole of a ground with players who dont care of cant play to a decent standard,by which time its too late...

next season will be 20 years since we got promoted i think...wouldnt it be ironic if we did it again by pipping wednesday to the title again..

It's a bit of a catch 22 situation we've got. The owners can't and won't invest money in the squad when there's only 3k coming through the gates, and we can't get people to the gates because paying £20 to watch mediocre football in a :censored:hole of a stadium is hardly a pleasurable day out. Things wouldn't be so bad if we had money coming in from a club gym or hotel 7 days a week but we don't have that either. We need a new ground, and fast.

I also believe Penney has earnt his right to stay and hopefully those stubborn bastards who've said they won't be back at BP whilst Penney is at the helm will change their minds if he does well next season. I suspect they will, football fans can be very fickle lol.

It's a bit of a catch 22 situation we've got. The owners can't and won't invest money in the squad when there's only 3k coming through the gates, and we can't get people to the gates because paying £20 to watch mediocre football in a :censored:hole of a stadium is hardly a pleasurable day out. Things wouldn't be so bad if we had money coming in from a club gym or hotel 7 days a week but we don't have that either. We need a new ground, and fast.

I also believe Penney has earnt his right to stay and hopefully those stubborn bastards who've said they won't be back at BP whilst Penney is at the helm will change their minds if he does well next season. I suspect they will, football fans can be very fickle lol.

The only problem with that is that we will have to do well next season to get people back. With the current situation at the club and miniscule budget for next season I find it impossible to think we will do well next season, we will probably be in the same position as this season, around the relegation zone all year and hopefully just do enough to survive again.

Do you think that TTA are possibly looking at going ahead with redevelopment of BP then or are you just speculating that it might now be viable again?

Whilst I think it right to look at the viability again, it depends where you live but prices are back to pre bust levels in some cases.

The problem will be the lack of money availability.

Plus the fact we don't want any debt, or hem ourselves in with no further opportunity for development in the future.

The only problem with that is that we will have to do well next season to get people back. With the current situation at the club and miniscule budget for next season I find it impossible to think we will do well next season, we will probably be in the same position as this season, around the relegation zone all year and hopefully just do enough to survive again.

If we finish in the mid 60's then that will be acceptable.

The fans will watch football at any :censored:hole as long as the football's worth watching.

Boundary Park in 1989 was easily as big a :censored:hole as it is now, with crumbling terracing and no roof to keep the rain off those who queued up to pack themselves into the Rochdale Rd end.

The only reason BP appears to be a :censored:hole now is that TTA have deliberately allowed it to become less appealing by not maintaining it properly (Despite suggesting that they were spending £400k in maintenance costs!).

Blackpool's 3 sides haven't put 12000 people off this season. Put the product on the pitch and people will stand in cow:censored: to watch it.

Outofthe blue has hit the nail on the head, crowds are low because of whats on offer.

If you try and sell a house you do the little things like tidy up and bake bread! not take a wall out and sh*t on the living room floor.

TTA need to invest, more a speculate to accumulate approach. I dont mean the new ground either, as outof theblue said we would stand in cowsh8t if the product was good enough! I couldnt care less at the minute about the new ground, lets get the club back on track.

Dale do a deal where the kids are dropped off at midday, play footy get a McDs and get to watch the game, I think is only a fiver! THATS how to attract new fans. And a good opportunity for a couple of our junior coaches to look at new talent! Which for me our local scouting network (I'm sorry) is pathetic! I see more of Leeds, Dale and Bury, even Everton and Liverpool than I ever see of Latics and its not like they have to go far - Claytons is next store!

Can you imagine the number of kids in the borough that would buy a latics kit if it was Nike or Adidas! again it gets the new wave of fans on board. If the rumours are true and City extent the capacity to 70-80 thousand and they are knocking season tickets out for £100 for kids the club has to act and act ruddy fast!!!

How can you attract decent players to a club thats been in league one for over 10 yrs and going nowwhere! we need a board that can attract decent players and a manager that gets the 11 that cross the line on a saturday fighting for the cause, die for the shirt, not collect a bloomin wage.

Phew! I feel better after that. :)

KTF

Outofthe blue has hit the nail on the head, crowds are low because of whats on offer.

If you try and sell a house you do the little things like tidy up and bake bread! not take a wall out and sh*t on the living room floor.

TTA need to invest, more a speculate to accumulate approach. I dont mean the new ground either, as outof theblue said we would stand in cowsh8t if the product was good enough! I couldnt care less at the minute about the new ground, lets get the club back on track.

Dale do a deal where the kids are dropped off at midday, play footy get a McDs and get to watch the game, I think is only a fiver! THATS how to attract new fans. And a good opportunity for a couple of our junior coaches to look at new talent! Which for me our local scouting network (I'm sorry) is pathetic! I see more of Leeds, Dale and Bury, even Everton and Liverpool than I ever see of Latics and its not like they have to go far - Claytons is next store!

Can you imagine the number of kids in the borough that would buy a latics kit if it was Nike or Adidas! again it gets the new wave of fans on board. If the rumours are true and City extent the capacity to 70-80 thousand and they are knocking season tickets out for £100 for kids the club has to act and act ruddy fast!!!

How can you attract decent players to a club thats been in league one for over 10 yrs and going nowwhere! we need a board that can attract decent players and a manager that gets the 11 that cross the line on a saturday fighting for the cause, die for the shirt, not collect a bloomin wage.

Phew! I feel better after that. :)

KTF

We can't guarantee the kids will be returned with you know on the loose...