Danny Whittaker To Dale?

Rumour on our MB that Danny Whittaker is a target for Dale this summer?

Dont know a great deal about him but I believe it could be a good signing with his L1 Experience.

Thoughts or Opinions anyone......

has ability, goes wmissing at times, a good squad player cos hes a very good impact sub.

Id personally keep him at latics if we can, but i think i'd be in the minority.

Someone above says hes made to look good by weak teams. Thats cos there are a lot of weak teams in the division - if he looks good against them then hes good at the level hes at?

Edited by pukka

It is a mate of mate rumour. One of the 10000000 that will be on various message boards before the summer is up.

Zzzzzzzzz. Hilly and Flitcroft have just signed a new 2 year deal. I hardly think the first thing they'll be doing is trying to sign Danny Whittaker.

It's an area dale will strengthen as Toner is out of contract and Jason Taylor is going back to Rotherham. Taylor will be priority number one before looking at anyone else i'd imagine. Though the only bit of any possible truth in this is dale tried to sign him before he went to Latics.

I think the likes of Taylor, Perkins and Dawson at Bury will be far higher up the pecking order in who Hilly wants to sign than Whitts.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

As an aside - I went to the dale v Burton game with a dale season ticket holder. I couldn't believe how few people stayed for the lap of honour. No more than 500. Disgusting to say what they had acheived.

Cleveland Taylor for Burton looked handy. Was good at Scunny. I'm sure I read he was only there til the end of the season too.

As an aside - I went to the dale v Burton game with a dale season ticket holder. I couldn't believe how few people stayed for the lap of honour. No more than 500. Disgusting to say what they had acheived.

Cleveland Taylor for Burton looked handy. Was good at Scunny. I'm sure I read he was only there til the end of the season too.

Think most people will opt for the town hall on sunday, ryan.

I hope this is true. he has ability but shows it for a 20-25 minute spell every 10 games or so. I fear though that if Penney is in charge next season he would resign him judging by how many games he's featured in for him which would be a shame.

He isn't as bad as some make out, he does have a decent shot on him, but can't tackle and absolutely refuses to ever put his foot in.

He could do a job for a lower end League 1 club, which is effectively what we are, I think we will offer him another 12 month deal and then the choice will be his to make regarding whether he wants to stay here or move on, he would do a similar job for Rochdale as he does at Latics and certainly wouldn't be the worst signing they could make.

He isn't as bad as some make out, he does have a decent shot on him, but can't tackle and absolutely refuses to ever put his foot in.

He could do a job for a lower end League 1 club, which is effectively what we are, I think we will offer him another 12 month deal and then the choice will be his to make regarding whether he wants to stay here or move on, he would do a similar job for Rochdale as he does at Latics and certainly wouldn't be the worst signing they could make.

Agree with this and Leeslover comments - he is half decent going forward with a good shot - too inconsistent in his displays over the season.

I've always rated Cleveland Taylor.....very good winger

Rumour on our MB that Danny Whittaker is a target for Dale this summer?

Dont know a great deal about him but I believe it could be a good signing with his L1 Experience.

Thoughts or Opinions anyone......

Terrible player ill drive him if he needs a lft.....