Lap of honour did anyone stay?

I couldn't be arsed and was heading up sheepfoot lane like most of the crowd by the looks of it. If the players wanted to show the fans appreciation for the support then they should have put in a performance what a thoroughly awful display that was.

I hope all of the players heard the reception Roger Palmer got at half time that shows how much we appreciate greatness we might be a difficult hard to please bunch of supporters but we do appreciate those that make a difference He earned every clap of every hand that respect was earnt over 14 years of playing for the club it wasn't just given to him he earned that right to be given that kind of reception Legend :imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy:

There were only about 200 hundred people for the players to show appreciation to...

Good. Hope they realised that most fans couldnt be arsed to stay/turn up like they have done to us on many occasions this season.

Hope I never see half of them again :who:

me too, although the tumble weed was firmly rolling around the ground by time they got to the RRE.

Shame, they couldn't make it those extra few feet more to the touchline at least. This actually pee me off a little bit as there was three kids with me who could have done with a wave a least.

Eaves was the one who actually got to the billboard to see some youngsters and shake some hands, don't know who got his boots though as he was in his stocking feet.

Got to say Charlton got the best lap of honour - IMO

me too, although the tumble weed was firmly rolling around the ground by time they got to the RRE.

Shame, they couldn't make it those extra few feet more to the touchline at least. This actually pee me off a little bit as there was three kids with me who could have done with a wave a least.

Eaves was the one who actually got to the billboard to see some youngsters and shake some hands, don't know who got his boots though as he was in his stocking feet.

No one got his boots, he had them on as he went back up the tunnel after the lap,

I agree they should have got up close. Only the odd selected few saw players near them.

Edited by wardlelatic
Swearing

I walked out of the RRE thinking they weren't gonna come out but i was goin past the mainstand when i heard a few clapping so i jumped in there and went up into the upper tier. I shouted GREEEEEEEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAN and that was about it. Very few stayed.

I agree they should have got up close. Only the odd selected few saw players near them. Pissed me off that.

Thanks for agreeing, obviously they wanted to get showered and off to town.

Peed me off more that my hubby sponsored one of them and he couldn't didn't make it over to the bill board as he knows roughly were we sit/stand in the RRE either:

a) Didn't see me with three kids in an ocean of space by then or

B) wanted to get the hell outta Dodge,

shame really as it would have made the kids day just to shake his hand and say hello.

Edited by underdog

Peed me off more that my hubby sponsored one of them and he couldn't didn't make it over to the bill board as he knows roughly were we sit/stand in the RRE either:

shame really as it would have made the kids day just to shake his hand and say hello.

Go on, drop a name, you know you want to ;)

Go on, drop a name, you know you want to ;)

Nope gonna make you work for it - c'mon you have limited choices of only X amount of players who got on the pitch and if you have a programme even better as you could hazzard a guess of that one too

Wanna phone a friend? :grin:

PM me the name and if you get it right....free pie or pint first game of next season.... :wink:

The decison is yours........ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

one or two did come over to the rre..my sone shook dale stephens hand....and had he been a bit quicker could of had hazells boots...

dale apologised saying he couldnt give us the shirt as it was the only one they had...

my lad was well chuffed,i didnt really applaud much only in the direction of those that deserved it.

one or two did come over to the rre..my sone shook dale stephens hand....and had he been a bit quicker could of had hazells boots...

dale apologised saying he couldnt give us the shirt as it was the only one they had...

my lad was well chuffed,i didnt really applaud much only in the direction of those that deserved it.

Think some of the lads got in trouble with hardy about giving shirts away

As awful/miserable as it sounds I couldn't be bothered waiting around for the lot who went onto the pitch to clear off. If I wouldn't have had to have waited for them to haul themselves off the pitch, I woulda stayed behind.

Now that I think about it, it could have been Stephens instead of Eaves who came over to the bottom corner.

I had my contacts in and can't see a thing these days with them in...my excuse for attempting to watch a crap game. Makes you go blind amongst other things.... :wink:

Good. Hope they realised that most fans couldnt be arsed to stay/turn up like they have done to us on many occasions this season.

Hope I never see half of them again :who:

90% of em are more arsed about goin out on the piss tonight than anythin!! shows the team bond we have when they cant even have one end of season do together !!!

Possibly the most half-hearted and perfunctory lap of honour i've ever seen. wish i hadn't bothered staying, it summed up our pile-of-sh*t season. Although if i'd headed off at the final whistle i would have missed the retarded children getting off the 24 on Nuthurst Road shouting "Champions League, you're having a laugh" (no i haven't mis-typed that) at the Charlton fans, then visibly sh*tting themselves and running like f*ck when some of the Charlton fans starting running at them. Well done, if you wanted to make a bus full of people p*ss themselves laughing,mission accomplished.

Now that I think about it, it could have been Stephens instead of Eaves who came over to the bottom corner.

I had my contacts in and can't see a thing these days with them in...my excuse for attempting to watch a crap game. Makes you go blind amongst other things.... :wink:

Yeah it was Stephens.

I stayed, never seen a lap honour like that before, from players or the fans. Poor show all round.

Glad that that season is finaly over, but already looking forward to the next one.

Lap of Honour? Lap of Honour you say? More like a' Walk of shame!' for the vast majority, I hope plenty had brought along rotting vegetables...

We stayed and yes it was embarassing, for the players,and the 2 or 300 fans who stayed til then.

It was Stephens who came over to the touchline.

Still, better than the last home game last season, when no players came back out at all.

Here's to next season, things can only get better...