Get on the Road with Latics!

Latics Driver Training Ltd.

Boundary Park

Furtherwood Road

Oldham

Lancashire

OL1 2PB

0800 027 4130

Our office is situated next door to Oldham Athletic's Merchandise Shop, and is open for bookings or enquiries from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

(no idea if they're any good!)

An alternative: Kenny Clements 01457 871315

Edited by opinions4u

First thing is first. Get your dad/a friend to take you to a car park on a night time at Tesco and learn how to do the basics. That way you aren't pissing a learning the basics fortune down the swanee for nothing.

I learnt with BMS, who were expensive (but it was 20 years ago). I'd ask your mates (someone who has recently passed - ask around at work, someone is always doing it) and see who was cheap and effective, and go with them.

Lastly. Make sure you can:

(a) See. Test your eyesight over the requirements. Hell, go for an eyetest. You should do it every couple of years anyway.

(B) Learn your highway code. There must be nothing worse than doing it all right and then messing it up on that count.

*I know alot of these are obvious, but there's no harm in stating these. I, and others have seen so many people not do this and waste thousands on it.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

basically ive decided to get my lessons done once and for all and i need advice on instructors i should go with.

i ideally want one who is in the royton area

any help will be appreciated

cheers

When you speak to an instructor it's often worth asking what grade they are. Most people don't know that instructors are graded on their ability from 1 to 6, with 6 being the top grade (and being pretty rare), I wouldn't go lower than a 5 to be honest.

I'm with Latics currently and i'd reccomend them. £20 quid a lesson from what i remember, i think thats the middle range of prices these days. There quite decent, been learning with the head of the school, Glynn. Latics fan to boot so there is always that to talk about. Craig Dudley is an instructor there too!

Good Evening,

All my 3 eldest kids have passed with Beechwood Driving School in Royton, (John 0161 652 5897). I don't know what the going rate is for lessons but all were impressed with his teaching methods and passed 1st time. {The middle one Sarah now does about 6000 miles a year driving me to away games, so I can now have a drink - happy days!! :drinking45: